• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaiken

Oct 25, 2017
I've been iffy on PSVR since it debuted. My only interaction at that time with VR was with Google Dream and the OG Pixel phone. It was refreshing at the time but quickly grew bored with it because of the lack of meaningful software. Christmas comes and I find out the bundle is on sale again for $100 off. I finally pull the trigger and buy the Astrobot and Moss bundle after hearing nothing but praise about the former game.

Everything is set up. Games preloaded. Battlefront VR mission, very cool. WipeOut, woah. Tetris Effect, groovy. Moss, charming then Astrobot... Unf*cking believable. Called my brother over to explain the impossible. "You have to experience this to truly understand". Note this guy hasn't sat and played video games since mid PS2 days. This is quickly his favorite video game of all time and now my game of this generation, hell I'm confident to say it fits easily in my top 5. I now have several people waiting to play and set up an Astrobot/Fight Night party at the apartment Saturday that was a blast. We haven't had a gaming night like that since the Guitar Hero days.

There is so much joy playing in Astrobots environment. There's about five bots left to find and one Gecko. Maybe half of the Challenge stages that me and the crew are all taking turns to tackle and I just found out about the Home hub and trinkets. My mind was just blown again that you can theme that room... wtf! I don't want this to end. I couldn't even tell you what my favorite level is because there is a ton of great ones. How this game isn't nominated for Game of the Year from more media outlets is beyond me but I'm glad to witness this treat. Please for the love of jeebus, give us a sequel.

afrodubs

Oct 27, 2017
That title typo 😋

It's definitely one of my most memorable gaming moments/experiences tho OP.

Oct 27, 2017
Please for the love of jeebus, give us a sequel.

I think the game earned too much love (and maybe enough sales if we're lucky) to not get a sequel greenlighted, but I also think Team Asobi will have the liberty to make whatever they want next. I'm curious to see what's next for that team.

Cess007

Oct 27, 2017
B.C., Mexico
It is fantastic.

Personally, I found 2-4 and the Haunted level to be the highlight. It's really something that you should experience to understand. And yes, we need a sequel. I hope one is being made now for PS5/PSVR2 launch.

OP
OP
Kaiken

Kaiken

Oct 25, 2017
That title typo 😋

It's definitely one of my most memorable gaming moments/experiences tho OP.

Doh, hopefully a mod comes and fixes. No biggie though.

I think the game earned too much love (and maybe enough sales if we're lucky) to not get a sequel greenlighted, but I also think Team Asobi will have the liberty to make whatever they want next. I'm curious to see what's next for that team.

I suppose I'd play anything those geniuses put together.

Ukraine

Banned
Jun 1, 2018
My only issue is that I can't be comfortable in VR for more than an hour or two at a time. Other than that the game is awesome!

Diego Renault

Nov 1, 2017
tenor.gif

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
I've really tried but the game hasn't clicked with me. Maybe it's VR overexposure, because the platformer segment of Playroom VR blew me away two years ago, but I just haven't found it that mechanically interesting.

It's rare that I have such a mild opinion on a game that is this positively regarded.

Kyoufu

Oct 26, 2017
I hope they drop the sub title next time. "Rescue Mission" makes it sound like one of those VR "experiences" where you play one bite-sized mission.

Status
Not open for further replies.