• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 9327

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I love most of the Bethesda games and played a lot of them over the years. I love especially those from Arkane and id, but also MachineGames and, of course, the Elder Scrolls series. Since I don't own a Xbox or a capable gaming PC and I don't plan to get neither of them in the foreseeable future, I probably won't be able to play future Bethesda games and thus entries to their established IPs on the platform of my choice, the PS5.

AFAIK there is no example in gaming history for such a huge acquisition of a game publisher, wasn't it? Anyway I just can't imagine that Microsoft will release future Bethesda games on other platforms than Xbox and PC with maybe a few exceptions for Switch. For a company that yells from the rooftops that the platform doesn't matter on which you play (as long as it is a PC, Xbox or mobile device ;)) that is a bummer to leave the millions behind which aren't on those platforms.

Lately I was thinking about playing one of the latest Bethesda games which I haven't played so far like Dishonored 2 or Wolfenstein 2, but as soon as I think about it my desire to do so completely vanishes. Those games are finished, but yet I still have some kind of FOMO regarding any possible DLCs or more probably future entries.

Same goes for Deathloop and Tokyo Ghostwire which is even more confusing. Both of them are timed-exclusives for the PS5, but any possible sequels probably won't hit the Sony console. Last but not least I'm a huge Indiana Jones fan and yet I'm not quite sure about the game from MachineGames. I can imagine that considering Lucasfilm Games is behind this it will be released on platforms other than Xbox/PC as well, but that is not guaranteed.

Yea just my thoughts at this point. How about you ERA?

CarthOhNoes

Someone is plagiarizing this post
Oct 25, 2017
It's a bummer for those people in your situation: people who adore Bethesda games but don't own a PC or an Xbox. Could you could save up and get an Xbox series S? They're much cheaper and it could be your "Bethesda box".

Also, if you like Arkane / Bethesda stuff then you owe it to yourself to pickup dishonoured 2. It's class.

OP
OP

Deleted member 9327

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's Disney. The same ones who allowed Spider-Man on a single platform. Not even PC.
You're right haven't thought about this even though I just recently played it. So yeah... that sucks I guess.
It's a bummer for those people in your situation: people who adore Bethesda games but don't own a PC or an Xbox. Could you could save up and get an Xbox series S? They're much cheaper and it could be your "Bethesda box".

Also, if you like Arkane / Bethesda stuff then you owe it to yourself to pickup dishonoured 2. It's class.
Will do at one point since I love the first one!

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
You can discuss this in either of the two other threads currently about Bethesda

www.resetera.com

How do you think MS will handle Bethesda games in regard to exclusivity?

That is ofc excluding the game already signed by PS (deathloop and ghostwire). Apparently MS will hold an event next month to talk about their plans for Bethesda, so I thought it’d be interesting to see what Era think and then compare it to when the actual news drop.

www.resetera.com

Jeff Grubb - Microsoft will hold an event in March following Bethesda deal’s closure to discuss future plans Rumor

https://gamingbolt.com/microsoft-will-hold-an-event-in-march-following-bethesda-deals-closure-to-discuss-future-plans-rumour (time-stamped video, starts at 1:19:15)

Status
Not open for further replies.