• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fusionterra

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
TLOU2

o3wdbfy0tlo31.jpg

Compared too

2386280-tlou_us_ps3_front.jpg

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Are we 100% sure that's final? Cuz it looks bad in a placeholdery way.

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah it's boring, but hopefully it isn't final and they'll swap it with something else.

Wintermute

Oct 27, 2017
i'm all for them telling a story that focuses on Ellie, even about her being angry and looking for revenge, but throughout the process of build game hype they've gone so hard on the "this is a story of hate" and grimdark with the atmos and trailers, the cover is just kinda dismal. it's just a bit much.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
There is a thread on this, and it's not final. It says it on the small print. And, who cares, at the end of the day?

48789848481_5eb520ee80_k.jpg

Camells

The Forgotten One
Oct 25, 2017
I think it's a really good cover actually looks like it conveys a lot of what this game is about. The darkness, the anger, the blood, it's all there.

Not every piece of media needs to look like something something Star Wars something something...

Procheno

Alt Account
Banned
Nov 14, 2018
Looks like one of those dumb fan made box arts where they just screenshot a frame from a trailer and put a logo on it

DarkChronic

Oct 27, 2017
probably one of the worst box arts this generation? idk i can't think of much worse off the top of my head right now.

no idea how someone saw that and was like "yes. yes this is the one."

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
It's unfortunate when they had such awesome promo posters but artwork seems to be rarely selected for boxarts

h2fkE4B.jpg

Rat King

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
I know i'm on the minority here but I actually really like it. Anger, hatred, revenge, violence. It really captures the motif of the game.

Zaheer

Oct 27, 2017
Someone should really put in the title of the main thread that the box art isn't final.

Dhuggs_

Oct 27, 2017
New Jersey
It says on the images for the editions in little text "Artwork not final and subject to change" I'd be surprised if that's the final box art but maybe I'm wrong.

RedSeim

Banned
Sep 24, 2019
I don't like it either.
The boxart of the firs game was so much better...

But who cares? I just care about the game itself, honestly...

Qwark

Oct 27, 2017
I really don't get what's bad about it, I like it and think it's better than the first one.

Also there's already a topic for this.

Kamaros

Aug 29, 2018
it's not final people and the negative reception will surely make they change.

it's gonna be Ellie at the forest posted many times here.

Oct 25, 2017
I think it's really good, people get weirdly hung up when boxart isn't the main characters standing around in a wide shot for some reason.

The art tells me everything I need to know about a sequel to Last of Us. Ellie's the main character and she's out for revenge, cool.

I also like the Death Stranding art, obviously it doesn't explain the game well other than showing Norman Reedus is in it and it's sci fi, but it definitely sets a mood, so does this one. To think Ellie standing in the woods with an, in comparison, expressionless face holding a gun is a better box art is crazy to me.

Van Bur3n

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Type has to remain stacked, similar to the first game's cover, otherwise you've done fucked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.