• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
I was browsing games for PS4 on Best Buy's website. I organized the games by Release Date, and the name "Project Jackal" showed up under Medieval (page 2) with no cover art. Whenever I clicked on it, the page had already been taken down and there's nothing there any longer. Whenever I clicked back the page refreshed itself and the listing was also gone. Anyone know what this might be? Link below in a quotations so as to not turn into a page preview:

"https://www.bestbuy.com/site/project-jackal-playstation-4/6255127.p?skuId=6255127"

I couldn't find anything on the internet so I was wondering if anyone had a scoop. I'm assuming Best Buy is preparing for E3 listings.

pre-post edit: I actually got the listing to appear again, this time it's updated with a $10 preorder bonus. I took a snip of the listing but I don't have access to Imgur at work so I'm unsure how to link it. Maybe someone else can get it to appear and post it. Thanks.

KoolAid

Oct 25, 2017
It says the publisher is Activision. That codename sounds familiar but can't find anything about it

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Huh. Got no idea. Nice find, OP. Maybe we'll see at announced at the Microsoft Conference?

Ghost

Oct 26, 2017
There is a Call of Duty: Jackal Assault VR Experience... not sure why it would be on BB's website tho

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Perhaps that From game that George R. R. Martin had been working on. That was rumored to be @ E3 with Microsofts conference. I'd imagine the overall success and acclaim that Sekiro garnered would make Activision want to work with 'em again, no?

OP
OP
Jerm

Jerm

The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Perhaps that From game that George R. R. Martin had been working on. That was rumored to be @ E3 with Microsofts conference. I'd imagine the overall success and acclaim that Sekiro garnered would make Activision want to work with 'em again, no?

Also potentially true but I'm thinking they wouldn't go up against themselves for Call of Duty. If I could have seen the publisher I would have probably assumed the new Modern Warfare and not posted this!

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Also potentially true but I'm thinking they wouldn't go up against themselves for Call of Duty. If I could have seen the publisher I would have probably assumed the new Modern Warfare and not posted this!
Eh, those games are likely going to share two totally different markets. Call of Duty didn't stop Sekiro or Crash being huge hits on their own.

Dust

C H A O S
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, but why would BB listing have a temp. codename (assuming Project Jackal is not a literal title)?

Status
Not open for further replies.