• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CDX

Oct 25, 2017
So this wasn't some sort of federal decision from Trump? Garcetti, the Democratic mayor, is doing this? Is that correct?

If so Fuck him.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
It's a good thing the virus only attacks protesters then. Alls well that ends well.

Idiots.

¡ B 0 0 P !

Banned
Apr 4, 2019
Greater Toronto Area
When you're having mass gatherings that will spread COVID-19 like wildfire, closing testing centres is idiotic.

The virus won't just infect protestors/cops/MAGA counter protestors/looters/journalists. They'll just be the source of another wave, so using this as 'punishment' is illogical.

If you want the gatherings to end maybe try to meet their demands?

Malverde

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
How many times have Democrats in power showed their ass with these protests? The shit from Trump and his stooges is undeniably terrible and further along on the spectrum of shit but their evil does not by default make the Democrats good.

Zhengi

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
From the article posted by the OP:

Mayor Garcetti also announced all coronavirus testing centers are closed in Los Angeles due to safety concerns amid Saturday's protests.

Nothing in the article or the video in the article says he's doing it as a punitive measure to punish the protestors.

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Nothing in the article or the video in the article says he's doing it as a punitive measure to punish the protestors.

Because they will obviously say that out loud.

Does no one know how subtext works anymore? Critical thinking? Anyone?

Zhengi

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Because they will obviously say that out loud.

Does no one know how subtext works anymore? Critical thinking? Anyone?

Well, I haven't seen the video of the mayor saying anything about the closure of the testing sites. Have you? If you have, can you post so I can make my own judgement?

It feels more like he's closing them down for the workers safety, but I can't tell until I've seen the video.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I love it when these people show their true colors. Certain Democrats just hide it better because they have slightly better values than the other side.

Fuck Garcetti. He knows people were going to get tested after protesting. It's needed and now it's hurting both the community who need access to testing and the protestors who should be tested after gathering in close proximity with others.

OP
OP
Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
From the article posted by the OP:

www.youtube.com

Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti gives updates on public safety efforts - May 30, 2020

Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti gives updates on public safety efforts - May 30, 2020 We will always protect free speech and Angelenos’ right to live without...

EZU0X-tU8AEvJ_v

Xyer

Avenger
Aug 26, 2018
This type of shit makes you not even want to bother voting. What's the point? Nobody cares about us.

Zhengi

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
www.youtube.com

Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti gives updates on public safety efforts - May 30, 2020

Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti gives updates on public safety efforts - May 30, 2020 We will always protect free speech and Angelenos’ right to live without...

EZU0X-tU8AEvJ_v

Thanks.

I watched the video as well. He does say he does it for the safety concerns. I'm not sure he's doing it as punitive measure to the protests, but I can see how that can be interpreted that way. Hopefully it's more about worker safety than about punitive measures.

Deleted member 8433

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I dont usually post here but since this is regarding Covid and may lead into disinformation I might as well jump in.

Los Angeles County Public Health is in charge of Covid testing in the County. Only Pasadena and Long Beach have their own Public Health Departments. The mayor of Los Angeles has no authority over the 36 testing centers in the County. The testing centers near my home we're active all throughout the day.

After reading news articles the information is completely mixed. You cannot find out which testing centers are actually closed and how long. This is what is frustrating about claiming "All LA Testing Centers are closed". Was the Dodger Stadium testing center closed? Were the testing centers near Fairfax and Downtown closed? Were all of the County testing centers within LA City closed??
I have not found anything claiming anything. If all testing centers in LA City were closed at 3 PM, that leaves what like 2 hours of time with no tests?

Even if all testing centers in the City of Los Angeles are closed, which would be a shame, you can drive 20 minutes in any direction in this County and end up in a testing center. Please dont let this deter you from going to get tested.

Edit: I watched the video again and Garcetti makes it seem like they were closed for safety reasons due to LACFD and LACSD Department involvement with the testing center. He goes into the protests afterwards which would make it seem like they are related but I do not see a direct link in stating that he is doing it to punish protestors.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.