• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
These motherfuckers.

Just went into my purchased movies library to check and I've got the shitty vanilla theatrical version with no extras whatsoever now.

Feb 1, 2018
Probably a distribution licensing/contract condition, which sucks for the consumer.

iTunes movies get changed around a lot, but usually it's because they get upgraded to remastered/4K/HDR versions. The OG Blade Runner and Heat from my collection got upgraded for free to the newest versions

OP
OP
Scullibundo

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
Probably a distribution licensing/contract condition, which sucks for the consumer.

iTunes movies get changed around a lot, but usually it's because they get upgraded to remastered/4K/HDR versions. The OG Blade Runner and Heat from my collection got upgraded for free to the newest versions
Yeah, normally Apple are really good about this. I do all my digital purchases through Apple because of the fact they'll auto-upgrade from HD to 4K.

I thought they were one of the few who wouldn't pull shit like this/pay to hold onto licensing.

OtterMatic

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't buy the movie, but it seems on iTunes it still shows it comes with iTunes extras that contains both the 1986 and 1990 versions.

OP
OP
Scullibundo

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't buy the movie, but it seems on iTunes it still shows it comes with iTunes extras that contains both the 1986 and 1990 versions.
Maybe they fucked up with their Apple TV app or something. But I've watched the SE and all its extras through the app itself on my iPad since purchasing. So it would be very weird.

Tedesco!

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 30, 2017
They might have condensed it. A lot of movies nowadays have the director's cut listed under extras.

Tedesco!

Drive-in Mutant
Oct 30, 2017
I just checked, and all 4 special versions of the Alien series are in my library.

Feb 1, 2018
Yeah, normally Apple are really good about this. I do all my digital purchases through Apple because of the fact they'll auto-upgrade from HD to 4K.

I thought they were one of the few who wouldn't pull shit like this/pay to hold onto licensing.

Yeah, and the bitrate on iTunes movies tends to be higher than Netflix/Hulu/et al.

Licensing sucks, happens to music in games too lol

OP
OP
Scullibundo

Scullibundo

Oct 25, 2017
So the thread can close. It doesn't give the option of Extras or Directors cut unless your phone is in landscape mode.

Whoops!

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
So the thread can close. It doesn't give the option of Extras or Directors cut unless your phone is in landscape mode.

Whoops!
tenor.gif

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
While it wasn't the case here, it may well be a possibility in other cases.

I was going to make a snide "And this is why I still buy all my movies on disc" remark, but then realized that, while true, I buy almost all of my video games digitally. And it's bound to happen on that end some day.

Zulith

Oct 25, 2017
West Coast, USA
Wack. I have some of the older blu-rays, but no digital versions. I will be buying the 4K of Aliens if/when it finally comes, but I'm sure they will leave out a bunch of the extras found in these earlier versions anyway 🤷🏼‍♂️

Status
Not open for further replies.