• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jorgejjvr

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Assuming ff7 is broken into 3 parts, and that's not counting all the special editions, and what's likely a complete edition after all parts are out.

Why? Just cause it's ff7? It also doesn't help that marketing is misleading, and I wouldn't blame you if you thought you got the full game in April.

Normal

Oct 26, 2017
Because it's not a 1 to 1 remake. They're greatly expanding each section to make it feel like a full fledged game. You're not paying $60 for six hour Midgar section.

chefbags

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah. I figure I know what I'm getting into so I'm down to pay more for the sequels.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
Adults can spend thousands of dollars rebuying their childhood toys, $180 for a remake is nothing.

AllMight1

Oct 27, 2017
they're worth it if you're getting your fun.

Same could be said for RE3R and its confirmed short length, but replayability and added on Multiplayer component make it worth it for some.

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
Some are, some aren't. The great thing is that if you wait long enough you'll be able to get the whole thing for under $60. If you want each game as soon as it releases you can do that too and pay more.

Jan 4, 2018
FF7R part 1 is a full game and has so far shown it's worth $60. I don't care how many parts they eventually end up making, if they are of the quality and robustness of any other standalone game released today, then I have no problem paying full price for each of them.

KCsoLucky

Oct 29, 2017
As long as all the parts are as expanded/fleshed out as Part 1 is looking, sure. Some of you are so caught up on hating this game for not being the full FF7 story in AAA form, shitty marketing aside.

Faenix1

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
How is it any different from buying FF13 trilogy? If they're all decent length, and filled with content worth of playing through. Why not?

Canucked

Comics Council 2020 & Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
There are people paying a couple hundred for part one. So it's not a shock.

KayonXaikyre

Oct 27, 2017
I won't enjoy buying it for that price, but imma do it. I just hope next parts launch simultaneously for PC. I don't feel like paying all that inferior versions just to play it earlier.

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
I just wanted a single game without added filler stuff, and one made without blowing the ambition of the graphics way too far for reality. I don't even think I'd enjoy the gameplay, but I'm waiting until all parts are out and the price low. I'm in no rush to get it, and I'll get the total group just to have it for a rainy day.

I have so many games I got just to have it but I can't bring myself to play through them as it is. Like Witcher 3, I've tried so many times to get into that game, but I just can't (horrible fighting and boring loot, lacking magic, build diversity seem limited, etc.).

YellowBara

Oct 26, 2017
Well if it bugs you, which it seems to, remember... it's a Square Enix game. It'll be 20 dollars or less in like 5 months

Oct 25, 2017
You're spending that over the course of years, who cares. Man, some people just can't accept what's happening with this game. There's no changing it now. If you like FFVII it's probably best to just give in so when the games comes you can enjoy them, rather than being upset for the next 4-5 years.

KCsoLucky

Oct 29, 2017
It's one game tho, broken down to 3 cause.... Why pay once right, so old school, let's cash in on fans 3 times over lol

You good and well know what this game is about. Why go to the trouble of making a new thread when you could have just trolled one of the 500 already bitching about the game?

Oct 27, 2017
Yes? If it delivers that value why not? You pay $60 for good 20+ hour games any era; so why would this be different? Just coz they have base material from 1997 doesn't make it any less hard to make a high quality game in 2020

golem

Oct 25, 2017
If i dont feel like im getting my value out of each part im totally fine with not buying the rest and just watching let's plays on youtube

Seems like they are taking making each part a worthwhile experience individually seriously though

DrArchon

Oct 25, 2017
It's got completely new gameplay, graphics, music, extra story bits, etc.

At some point, a remake just becomes a new game that shares the same plot as a previous one.

Alvis

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Spain
I mean, I ain't spending more than 20€ per part, so at most I'll pay 60€ for the whole thing assuming it's 3 parts. I'll happily wait for Steam sales (or key resellers sales)

Yogi

Banned
Nov 10, 2019
Because it's FFVII exceptions will be made but reading the expected playtimes in this thread I'm not sure they're realistic considering the original main game was about 40 hours total.

I don't want to wait that long inbetween parts so I'm waiting for the full release.

Caiops

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Its a full game.

Most of the people didnt wait until Mass Effect 3 or GOW 3 to be released to play the first game.

Sho_Nuff82

Nov 14, 2017
I'd rather have FF XVI for $60 with the same fidelity. Baby steps. It's not like most AAA games nowadays are "complete" for just $60 anyway unless they're made by Nintendo.

nsilvias

Oct 25, 2017
im just waiting for it to finish being developed in a decade to buy the full game at 60 bucks.

Gold Arsene

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's one game tho, broken down to 3 cause.... Why pay once right, so old school, let's cash in on fans 3 times over lol
It's gonna be separate games. If there as long as they say they'll be what does it matter?

RE3 Remake can reportedly be beaten in 5 hours, are you ok paying full price for that? If so what's wrong here?

Ploid 6.0

Oct 25, 2017
How is it any different from buying FF13 trilogy? If they're all decent length, and filled with content worth of playing through. Why not?
FF13 wasn't a remake, or a trilogy before it was a trilogy. "We're launching the long awaited FF13, but the first game is just the start of the journey, the complete story takes place over many games." So many people also didn't play past the first game, and many that played the first game didn't even finish it.

KCsoLucky

Oct 29, 2017
No one is trolling, just my opinion, thought it would be an interesting topic :)

This isn't an interesting topic because there's like 5 of these every time any new info about the game is released. Everyone has their opinions set either way already and pretty much every discussion point is widely known now.

It's fine for you to not like it, but it's extremely disingenuous to frame it as paying 3x for the same game.

Bundy

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Assuming ff7 is broken into 3 parts, and that's not counting all the special editions, and what's likely a complete edition after all parts are out.

Why? Just cause it's ff7? It also doesn't help that marketing is misleading, and I wouldn't blame you if you thought you got the full game in April.
Each part will be way longer (and better) than the most AAA games we get these days. So sure.

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The first game of the remake is so big its gunna be on two Blu-Ray discs. This isn't them just selling us a game in parts, they're expanding it so much that Midgar needs TWO big ol discs.

It's ok if you're not happy with the direction of them splitting the game up. Or Midgar having it's own episode alone. But this isn't normal episodic gaming, nor is it simply just greed because if that were true then we wouldn't have gotten this level of detail and care that previews and the demo has shown.

Jotakori

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Of course. Each part is expected to be around the size of a regular, single FF game which I already gladly pay $60+ for.
I don't care if it's one story broken into three parts, it's also going to be a much longer, more in-depth, and expanded experience because of it. I find that completely worth the cost of $180.

Apr 21, 2018
Some people literally buy the same sports game ever year and pay 79.99 for a roster update.

Then we can look at loot crates and the like.

There are far more egregious and exploitive practices in this industry. Anyone should be able to use their head and see how obviously the cost, production quality and development time on a PS4 game is far greater than a PSX game.

From the sounds of it midgar is being expanded to. It's a complete overhauled remake. Not some HD re-release.

Status
Not open for further replies.