• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
When the latest trailer for FF7 Remake was released, I noticed that Cloud and Sephiroth's voices seemed to be different from what I remember.

After looking around for information the most I could find is this tweet reply from George Newbern

In case you can't see the tweet a fan replies asking "Are you still playing Sephiroth in the latest FF7 Remake trailer?" to which George replies "Hmmm." There are more tweets where he just replies with emoticons.

This is strange considering Steve Burton and George Newbern have been providing vocal performances for these characters for a long time with the latest being last year's Dissidia NT.

Steve Burton's earliest role was in Kingdom Hearts (2002) and his latest is Dissidia NT (2018) so 16 years.

George Newbern's earliest role was Advent Children (2005) and his latest is Dissidia NT (2018) so 13 years.

I personally hope that the trailer voices are just placeholders even though I can't think of a single example of that ever occurring before.

In the event that it's confirmed that they're not returning then I have to wonder what changed considering we had prior confirmation that Steve Burton at the very least was reprising his role as Cloud.

Status
Not open for further replies.