• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
I have to post this question on here, because I can't seem to find the right subreddit to post this question on as it keeps getting removed. Tried r/askReddit & r/advice & had gotten nowhere.

For anyone who also posts on Reddit, has anyone received a permanban from posting & commenting on another subreddit on Reddit just for posting on a certain subreddit? A few days ago, I've posted my opinion on a subreddit called r/NoNewNormal. Immediately afterwards, I ended up receiving a notice that I've been permabanned from either posting or commenting on another subreddit called r/JusticeServed, & I had no idea about it.

Now the ban's been lifted, but I'm trying to prevent myself from getting banned from other subreddits in the future & don't want to get my pants caught down again just for being naïve. That's why I'm asking are there anymore subreddits like NoNewNormal that I should avoid posting on.

Last edited:

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
I just went and checked that subreddit out. Why would you even post there lol?

Could it be due to both subreddits sharing a specific admin who just purposefully banned you from the other - unrelated - subreddit as well?

turbobrick

Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix, AZ
You only need a users name to ban, and if a moderator is a mod of multiple subreddits, or just views others, they can ban you from all the ones they moderate.

The best way is just to avoid all topics that might even be slightly controversial.

ChrisR

Oct 26, 2017

Could it be due to both subreddits sharing a specific admin who just purposefully banned you from the other - unrelated - subreddit as well?
More likely a bot saw the post and just instantly banned from other subreddits, because who would want someone who posts in NNN posting in your subreddit?

Primus

Oct 25, 2017
Yes. Some subreddits keep a list of other subreddits they don't like, and will ban you if you post to somewhere on their blacklist.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
More likely a bot saw the post and just instantly banned from other subreddits, because who would want someone who posts in NNN posting in your subreddit?

Yes. Some subreddits keep a list of other subreddits they don't like, and will ban you if you post to somewhere on their blacklist.

oh, that makes sense.
Which brings me back to my original point: Why would you even post there lol?

Oct 29, 2017
Sounds like organized religion

Also no new normal is an awful, garbage place lol. Every now and then stuff from there makes it to r/all and I've never seen such ignorant fuckwits

OP
OP
SpaceCrystal

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019

I was commenting on a video that had recently been deleted from NoNewNormal; It was about a fight that was going on the Ace Hardware store in Seattle. Here it is below, from another subreddit:

www.reddit.com

r/PublicFreakout - Fight over mask mandate in a Seattle Ace Hardware.

60,113 votes and 8,622 comments so far on Reddit

All I did was comment on how a co-worker was in the wrong for assault, while the customer was in the wrong for not wearing a mask & not following safety guidelines. That was it.

grand

Oct 25, 2017
Are you really shocked that the subreddit that glorifies revenge & comeuppance ended up banning you for posting in one of the shittiest subreddits of all?

Deleted member 8166

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Some Reddit communities ban you for posting in another community that is known for offensive or otherwise....morally questioning content.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I was commenting on a video that had recently been deleted from NoNewNormal; It was about a fight that was going on the Ace Hardware store in Seattle. Here it is below, from another subreddit:

www.reddit.com

r/PublicFreakout - Fight over mask mandate in a Seattle Ace Hardware.

60,113 votes and 8,622 comments so far on Reddit

All I did was comment on how a co-worker was in the wrong for assault, while the customer was in the wrong for not wearing a mask & not following safety guidelines. That was it.
I would have banned you, too.

Alucrid

Chicken Photographer
Oct 25, 2017
you're really bent out of shape over that ban huh. just make a new account so you can post on the subreddit that banned you and use the banned account to bring enlightenment to the conspiracy theorist antivaxxer covid deniers in the other one.

OP
OP
SpaceCrystal

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
You're really bent out of shape over that ban huh. just make a new account so you can post on the subreddit that banned you and use the banned account to bring enlightenment to the conspiracy theorist antivaxxer covid deniers in the other one.
The ban was already lifted. My comment was innocent.

OP
OP
SpaceCrystal

SpaceCrystal

Banned
Apr 1, 2019
Yeah but you might get banned again and your one account already built a rapport there
The point I'm making is that no one should be banned from a subreddit for having an innocent opinion, & they've admitted that they made an error on that. I haven't even received so much as an infraction on that subreddit or anywhere else.

All that they've asked in return, is to not post on there anymore, & so, I agreed.

Last edited:

AIan

Oct 20, 2019
Maybe the moderators of r/NNN are also the ones from r/JusticeServed? I mean, it's best to stay away from them then.

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
The point I'm making is that no one should be banned for an innocent opinion, & they've admitted that they made an error on that. I haven't even received so much as an infraction on there.

All that they've asked in return, is to not post on there anymore, & so, I agreed.
I'm sorry dude, your "innocent opinion" is fucking horse shit. You went onto a subreddit about COVID conspiracy theories, to comment on a selectively edited video of two anti-mask chuds who had very likely antagonized someone who is not getting paid nearly enough to have dealt with this bullshit past his breaking point. He threw the hands. That piece of shit deserved it. And giving any quarter to these COVID denialist fucks is totally unacceptable. Going there to "innocently" support even a portion of their horse shit just adds fuel to a fire that's probably going to be raging until we shuffle off this mortal coil.

If you want disinformation go post on fucking 8kun. That won't be tied to your Reddit account.

Status
Not open for further replies.