• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Are you getting Google Stadia?

• Yes

Votes: 65 10.5%
  • No

Votes: 306 49.4%
  • I need to see more to decide

Votes: 246 39.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Meelow

Oct 31, 2017
I need to see more, but I will never not want Physical games.

Edit: By 'getting' I mean 'using', Google Stadia is not a physical console.

Last edited:

The Albatross

Oct 25, 2017
I need more info to decide. Mostly just the price and how games are going to be supported. Leaning towards yes, but price and game availability will be my primary concerns. Really interested in the technology. I have like ~400mbps down and no data caps, so I'm not concerned about some of the things some others are.

Alec

Hero of Bowerstone
Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
It's gotta be a monthly fee, right?

So yeah, for at least one month to try it out. Project Stream was super cool.

Kawngi

Prophet of Truth
Oct 30, 2017
It's interesting tech for sure, but I certainly can't make a decision without knowing the pricing details.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm already digital only and anyone that wants physical forever is kidding themselves.

But for "Stadia", it's not something you "get". The point is that everyone will have access to it. I'd be willing to try it out, though I imagine it'll be a few years until the internet in my area improves enough

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Controller doesn't appear to be required on PC so I will at least try something out provided it's not something I can get on PC natively.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
We literally know nothing about pricing, game selection, no way for every one to test it on their set up, etc.
I know every member is legally obligated to make a thread on Stadia today, but chill

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Nope. I'm not paying Google for the privilege of paying them again for game rentals.

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
magic8ball.png

Orayn

Oct 25, 2017
There's not necessarily anything to get. You don't need Google's controller and we don't know what the business model will be.

If it's anything like OnLive, there will probably be free trials so yeah I'll probably give those a shot just to get a feel for the video quality and latency. Then I'll go back to my high end PC and consoles and forget about it.

Meg Cherry

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
I mean, the appeal is that there isn't really anything TO get. It'll work with any USB controller and a Chrome browser, so it's more about whether I'll get a game that supports it. And if they have interesting exclusive content at launch - might as well try it out. But I'm not planning on getting Doom Eternal on the thing.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
GeForce Now is much more in tune with what I'm looking for when it comes from a streaming service. I buy the game on Steam / Epic / Ubisoft / Origin / Etc, and it's there to stream. Right now in the beta, there's not even a monthly fee yet. Even with a monthly fee, I'd rather have a service like that than one where I buy the game on a Google platform that I can only place when streaming from Google.

I was really hoping that Stadia would go a step further than GeForce Now and really work with the above companies to consolidate libraries just for streaming purposes, in the same way Movies Anywhere works for iTunes, Amazon Video, Etc. As it stands, GeForce Now is the far superior service for my needs.

Last edited:

ContraWars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm going to say no. I already know xCloud will cover me, my ISP is bullshit that raises prices $2 every few months while lowering data caps annually.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sounds like an STD so I hope not.

Oh it is a game system? Will wait and see. I am in no hurry to jump in.

Deleted member 2913

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With how good Project Stream did for me over other streaming services, I'm really interested in trying it out.

BadAss2961

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's not for me. Streaming at best is a good demo for if i'd want to purchase a game to play locally. I would definitely use it if there was any type of free service where I could use it for those purposes...

It would be smart of Google to involve non premium accounts like that to get as many users as possible.

eseqko

Oct 27, 2017
If the device itself is something like Chromecast and costs $30, maybe? Hopefully there's a discount if you have Google Music or YouTube Premium or something.

Valet Jay

Mar 20, 2018
Seriously, what is there to actually get? There's nothing to buy into. I can say this, if there is a game/exclusive I want to buy, there is literally nothing in my way to just go ahead and buy that one game.

Bradford

terminus est
Aug 12, 2018
I'm digital only and still not getting Stadia.

Hard pass on streaming games.

molnizzle

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is like asking if you're "getting" YouTube.

They will absolutely do some sort of free trial, and it works with any controller. Sure, I'll try it. I think most people will. This shit will be heavily pushed on YouTube. I can see something like "click here to play free for 30 minutes" on gaming videos. This ain't gonna be another OnLive situation.

As for whether I'll pay money for it in the future, that depends on the latency. I highly doubt it though.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
lol. way too early to make a decision. they haven't shown off any games or announced any prices.

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
Not interested in streaming games, so no. I highly doubt I'll change my mind when given new info about the games and price either.

Xiaomi

Oct 25, 2017
My PC is more powerful than the single-gpu solution on offer here, so not right now. Maybe if they get good exclusives and the input lag is below 80 ms.

Status
Not open for further replies.