• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Are you interested in the next part of the Half-Life story?

• I have a headset and I am already sold

Votes: 64 17.8%
  • I will literally buy a headset and/or PC for this game

Votes: 77 21.4%
  • I'd be interested if VR was cheaper

Votes: 117 32.6%
  • I'd be interested if VR was more advanced

Votes: 16 4.5%
  • I have no interest

Votes: 82 22.8%
  • I'd be interested if it was Half Life 3 VR

Votes: 3 0.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarthBuzzard

Banned
Jul 17, 2018
I did one of these before. I'll probably do one more after the Game Awards because I think we'll get a bigger deep dive into the gameplay.

I am keeping the poll options exactly to same so not to skew things.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Id really love to play it, but i absolutely cannot justify having to beef up my pc and also buy a headset to play one single game

giancarlo123x

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Since there isnt an option I am very interested but I dont have the computer or hardware for vr to run it

ChaosXVI

Oct 25, 2017
Will get a good enough PC and Headset for this. It looks amazing. I cannot wait to see more.

Oct 29, 2017
No real interest in VR, PC-only games, or the Half-Life series generally, so I guess I hit the trifecta here. :) I am interested to see if this leads to potential Portal and Left 4 Dead sequels though because I love those series.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Id really love to play it, but i absolutely cannot justify having to beef up my pc and also buy a headset to play one single game

Same. Haven't been a big PC gamer in almost a decade. Funny enough, it was the decline of Half-Life that sent me adrift. Now there are just too many barriers for me to return. I can't spend that much frivolously. I don't even have the space for it.

So I'm just kinda sad.

NuclearCake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't care about the price.

There is no way that this game will end up being bad. I will buy it as soon as i can.

Parenegade

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OP that's a terrible poll lol. I wasn't planning on getting VR before this but now I'm going to see if it's feasible.

lazygecko

Oct 25, 2017
My interest in Half-Life at this point basically amounts to mild curiosity over where the plot is/was headed, and I have no interest in VR as a platform for this type of action game experience. So I guess that means I have no interest.

carlosrox

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Vancouver BC
Spending whatever money to play this and play this well.

I'm not buying a voodoo 3 to play this at 1024x768, I'll spend good money to play this the way it's meant to be played!!!!

Chivalry

Chicken Chaser
Banned
Nov 22, 2018
Not a fan of HL, but I've got a rift s and it looks very interesting, so I'm hyped.

Saturday

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I own a VR headset, so the question is really "Do you want to play a AAA Valve game set in a Sci-Fi series you adore?"

The answer is tentatively yes.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
It looks like a lovely game that I'd love to play but as long as it's restricted to VR headsets I unfortunately will be unable to.

Basically my opinion is unchanged from the first thread.

Goddo Hando

Oct 25, 2017
Chicago
getting into VR for me was always gonna be like jumping into a cold swimming pool knowing i'd eventually get used to it.

this is probably the best shot at me actually taking the dive

Outlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I was uninterested until Valve said it's literally a continuation of the story.

Unfortunately I don't own any VR gear and this won't make me purchase one, so I guess I'll have to settle for a play through stream/video.

Huey

Oct 27, 2017
DarthBuzzard I need a "I'm extremely interested but ultimately not going to invest in VR for this" option, as do seemingly quite a few others in this thread. "I am not interested" does not describe it at all :(

Deleted member 10726

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ResetERA
I have no idea what I voted on the previous thread but my opinion stays the same, I'm interested in the game but I won't get VR for it. I'll just follow it and potentially watch a stream playthrough of it.

HeavenlyE

Oct 27, 2017
I voted before that once I was able to get afford a headset I would be very interested but seeing the trailer I changed my mind

I remembered how scared of Antlions I was in Half Life 2 and big bug like creatures in general and realized theres no way I could handle that shit in VR, game looks amazing though

BAD

Oct 25, 2017
USA
It's very clear this is the most expensive it's ever been to get into a Half Life entry if you don't own a PC and I can't afford it so I'm out for now

Deleted member 46922

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 21, 2018
I think the stats might well be changing. It's hard to keep hating on VR just on principle after that trailer, at least that's what I'd imagine some of the people that call VR a gimmick must be thinking. :)

el_galvon

Jun 13, 2019
Absolutely interested.

But VR is still too expensive for me, so for now its just a distant dream...

Oct 25, 2017
Not really a Half Life fan. Super interested in how they use the technology to drive innovative game design, that's pretty much their thing, and the potential here is huge.

But yeah, not really interested in actually playing it.

I could vote for the "if VR was cheaper" option, but it would have to be unreasonably cheaper, so I don't think it counts.

Älg

Banned
May 13, 2018
I'm not ready to spend $1500 on a single game yet. To be honest I'm not sure I'll ever be interested in VR as it's developing right now, but I'd hate to be a naysayer.

VanWinkle

Oct 25, 2017
I would be, but I can't even begin to justify buying a good enough gaming PC and VR headset for it.

Laurel_McFang

Feb 17, 2019
If I really can manage it on an occulus quest then I will probably do it. Just not sure if the smooth controls in the trailer are index only.

Oct 25, 2017
I would love to play it, but I simply can't afford a VR headset. Yes even the cheaper ones (and then I'd feel like I'm compromising on the experience).

It's not that I don't appreciate the reasons to move to VR, its simply a lack of funds. Hell my 1060 only just meets the requirements.

Status
Not open for further replies.