• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shaneo632

Weekend Planner
Oct 29, 2017
Wrexham, Wales
Didn't see a review thread so just making a post here. I thought the game looked cute so decided to play it for review. I didn't expect it to be a late-entry into my top 10 games of 2019. It's only about 4-5 hours long critical path (though much longer if you stop to smell the roses), but it's just a gorgeous and emotional experience. Also boasts one of the best musical scores I've heard in years.

If it wasn't for some of the janky controls it'd be close to all-time classic for me. Ended up giving it an 8.5 and a strong recommendation if you're in the mood for a charming, visually stunning indie platformer with a neat time-manipulating hook.

Here's my review: https://www.flickeringmyth.com/2019/12/video-game-review-arise-a-simple-story/

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
From the ResetEra General Guide

No Self-Promotion or Spam
Do not create threads featuring links to products or services that you have a direct involvement in. Members are instead welcome and encouraged to post in already existing threads about a product or service that they are involved in (including links that are specifically relevant to the thread) so that they may engage with the community. If you are involved in a product or service that you are linking, please disclose that fact upfront.

Status
Not open for further replies.