• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 925

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Copying Redeye97"s post:

B-Dubs Delphine Windrunner Poodlestrike ..... @all other mods

On August 18th (Tokyo Time), I stumbled upon a thread regarding the results of the Asian Era Meeting. I very rarely ever peak into the stickied topics, so I don't know why I ended up in this thread in the first place.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/takeaways-from-meeting-with-asian-members.269460/

I read through the points, and everything seemed more or less fair. The mods said they were going to take the feedback from the meeting to better moderate certain topics and issues involving the Asian era, as well as ban certain news sources like the Epoch Times. Overall, the points and changes seemed fair, but still rather small compared to what could be done. I would've just nodded, thought "fair enough" and moved on if I hadn't have continued reading.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/asian-era-meeting.255105/page-6

Apparently the Asian Era Meeting wasn't as productive as the moderation team had proclaimed in the OP. Several era members involved in the thread were voicing their complaints over how the moderation staff ignored or brushed off several key points brought up during the thread, especially over the moderation process, transparency within the moderation process, and the inconsistency on how certain subjects were moderated. Ultimately the thread was closed prematurely with several members within the Asian era throwing their hands up in the air, and basically giving up on any real change.

Not even a day in, the thread was shut down due to the overwhelming amount of negative feedback from Asian Era, as well as others who had stumbled upon the thread. the mods basically justified it by saying it was because the conversation had steered away from the points discussed in the meeting. The reality is that the thread was locked and hidden away because the mods were embarrassed they weren't being heaped with praise for doing the bare minimum.

I'm not here speak for the Asian community as I'm just a 30ish white male who is here to discuss games, follow anime threads, and stress over American news and politics. But I know bullshit when I smell it, and what I witnessed through reading the meeting thread and the takeaway thread was the moderation team hoping to make some quick fixes, and ultimately throwing their hands up in the air and giving up because making the changes necessary to truly help this community would be "too difficult". Also, rather than holding themselves accountable for their mistakes in how they handled the meeting and the "mission accomplished" thread, they would rather sand blast any trace of their fuck ups at the expense of the Asian members of this forum.

I'm posting this knowing full well this may result in a ban, and may not lead to any lasting change, but at this point, either the changes are made, or I'll happily take the B' and fuck off forever. If this year has made me weary of anything, it's leadership never taking the full steps necessary to solve things. I'm also fucking sick of people never owning up to their fuck-ups, and instead either shifting the blame, or flat out denying the problem and/or hiding the evidence. I'm just fucking done with the dishonesty. It's why we're breathing air through cloth right now, it's why many of us wonder if we'll have a future after all this, it's why many of us have no hope

See you all in the next thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.