• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 1, 2017
When did you go, okay I'm getting this game?

For me, it took a long time I honestly still think that Galaxy Game is still the best arcade coin operated videogames.

But today, After like 35 min into the 50 min presentation I was like "okay, I'm sold, I'm sorry I ever doubted you Allan Alcorn"

I think Pong really has come at the perfect time for videogames. It's easy to become cynical and jaded after years of dealing with predatory and exploitative practices seeping into our hobby. Sometimes it feels like even discussions on gaming itself have become circular with the same kind of topics being repeated ad nauseam on the same kind of games. But man, this new Pong game is something else. I admit i wasn't all that excited after watching the first 27 pre-rendered trailers because they didn't show off actual gameplay but now the game has been fully shown off i can't wait. The graphics might not be the best and i have some questions about the battle pass but man, the game itself looks amazing. Some would argue paying £149.99 for the collector's edition is a bit excessive, even though it comes with a custom painted ping pong ball signed by the actress who played the character who shot ping pong balls out of her vagina in that iconic scene from Priscilla: Queen of the Desert. Sure, maybe, but when a game comes along that ignites that spark and excitement that i haven't felt in years then it's hard not to get swept up in the hype surrounding Pong.

So yeah, what about you guys? Was it when it was first announced after that 3 month reveal trailer countdown timer on the Atari website, the first time you played it in the arcades in 1972 or one of the home versions?

Deleted member 17210

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I will answer a joke thread with a serious reply:

It was with Video Olympics. I was too young in the '70s to go to arcades yet.
220px-Volympics.jpg

BossAttack

Oct 27, 2017
I still don't understand, what do you actually DO in Pong? I've seen the pretty trailers. I saw the demonstration where the ball gets whacked back and forth. But, what do you actually DO in the game?

Durden

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I still don't understand, what do you actually DO in Pong? I've seen the pretty trailers. I saw the demonstration where the ball gets whacked back and forth. But, what do you actually DO in the game?

If your asking questions like this, the game is not for you and you should probably just move on. People that just see it as a ball and paddle game are not going to see what it's actually trying to say, and will in-turn effect your enjoyment.

Status
Not open for further replies.