• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reizzz

Jun 19, 2019
New audio recorded from Johnny Depp and Amber Heard before their divorce indicating she was abusing him during that time.

I'm going to be honest I have no context to what happened at the time other than hearing he was the abuser.

It is terrible if in fact it was her the whole time while she was detailing his abuse..given how unbelievably tough it is for women already who come forward and never believed.

EDIT:

EDIT 2:

Reizzz Might aswell put this Twitter thread up there too which has the audio from the original video you linked. She's literally gaslighting him here.

[/QUOTE]

EDIT 3::::
OP Reizzz Can you put the full audio transcript in the OP so people can read it? Thanks for your work so far.

Last edited:

SJRB

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Isn't this whole situation kinda none of our fucking business?

ryan13ts

Oct 28, 2017
Oh I guess it's only our business when it's the other way around? Where was this post when the threads popped up shitting all over Depp?

Seriously, people had no problem shitting all over him when he was being portrayed as the abuser. It's crazy how glossed over domestic abuse is if it's a female doing it, it's serious regardless of who's instigating it in any sort of relationship.

Just from the the audio he just sounds...completely exhausted, to say the very least. Make me feel pretty bad for him.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still of the opinion that they were both violent with each other, but that "I can't promise I won't get physical again" from her is pretty chilling.

Oct 31, 2017
I don't know all of the specifics of this, but as someone who was in an abusive relationship, one in which the outward, superficial traits of the relationship made me vulnerable to triangulation/exterior blame via projection by the abuser; this shit happens and is fucking awful.

Abusers can often commit abuse in such a nefarious, calculated way that they set the victim up into a situation where they reach a breaking point and retaliation occurs and said retaliation is used as a means of triangulation/projecting the abuse onto the victim.

Think of the scene in Revenge of the Sith where Mace Windu confronts Palpatine over being a Sith Lord and Anakin walks in (as the triangulated third party). Then, in the critical moment where Windu has stood down Palpatine, Palpatine feigns weakness/vulnerability ("Oh, pitiful lil ole me!!!") to Anakin so Anakin mistakenly joins in with the abusive Palpatine.

Abuse is fucking terrible.

Replicant

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
MN
It's pretty clear they were both abusive to each other. No excuses. Heard sounds like she has way more of a problem with it though. Almost like it was normal behavior.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Doug Stanhope said all this stuff years ago, but people took her side anyways. The ERA thread (or was it GAF at the time?) was terrible.

Deleted member 835

User requested account deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't have an impression that Depp is abuser judging by this recording

But who knows, maybe you're right
I thought both of them were sadly. Amber has a past of being one. Depp has been a mess for a while now as well sadly. Thought from nesr the start these 2 were just abusing each other. Glad they both split before some one got killed.

Deleted member 42105

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 13, 2018
Bruh is this legit? Like is any major website covering this?
Those audio clips are fucking damning, so damning that I wonder whether or not they're real.

wow it does looks like some sites are covering this. That's wild.

Last edited:

Deleted member 835

User requested account deletion
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't change the fact people tripped over themselves to shit on Depp when her accusations came out. I don't get why after we saw what she did with his hand we have to both side this shit instead of rightfully calling her out.
Call both out, both are abusers imo. Both need help as this shit is fuck. I am just glad they ended it before it got really fucked up (as in a person dying or nesrly dying).

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona
Clips aside, weren't there supposedly strong arguments before?

Having not delved too deep into everything, I always got the vibe that it was a thoroughly toxic relationship all around.

LordRuyn

Oct 29, 2017
Possible, it could have been a mutually toxic relationship, but is there evidence for that being the case?
In her countersuit to Depp, Heard included pictures of her injuries. Depp had similar pictures of him in his original suit.

This tape corroborates Depp's side, but I think things escalated from here.

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't change the fact people tripped over themselves to shit on Depp when her accusations came out. I don't get why after we saw what she did with his hand we have to both side this shit instead of rightfully calling her out.

She showed pictures of herself with bruises and accused him of injuring himself when he was drunk (we still don't know the truth there). I think there was a lot going on with that relationship that we won't ever know for certain.

Status
Not open for further replies.