• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
Happy for those who can't access Rare Replay. Personally I hope DKR and DK64 gets added ASAP as I currently don't have an easy way to play them outside of emulators.

I guess that Rare Replay on Switch isn't happening then ?
That was always a pipe dream, to be honest. Nintendo Switch Online was the most realistic way for them to bring Banjo Kazooie / Rare games to the Switch.

Jan 4, 2018
It never was going to happen. Several of the games in the collection are not even ports, they are directly the Xbox 360 games.
That was always a pipe dream, to be honest. Nintendo Switch Online was the most realistic way for them to bring Banjo Kazooie / Rare games to the Switch.

Yeah it was highly unlikely from the start but I guess it basically confirms it's not happening now (I often saw people on Twitter asking for it so that's why).

Diogo Arez

One Winged Slayer
Oct 20, 2020
Finally I'm excited about Switch Online, just wish they let me change controls in the service, N64 controls are a bit weird for me in modern controllers

Babu93

Feb 9, 2021
Nintendo and Microsoft seem to have a great relationship, nice to see. Great news for the fans that have wanted this for so long.

Eddman

Oct 27, 2017
Mexico
I love Banjo, but I already played the remastered version on Xbox, so I hope this announcement also means Diddy Kong Racing. I need a palate cleanser from the horrible DS remake

Bear and bird

Oct 27, 2017
Why not the HD remaster?
I would guess they're not that involved with the emulated NSO releases aside from legal stuff.

Xbox is weird about porting its old games to new platforms. Even when it comes to its own platforms. One would think there was a market for a 4K/60FPS port of Banjo-Kazooie to Xbox and PC, but here we are 13 years after the original XBLA remaster. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The same goes for non-Rare games like Fable II, Gears 2/3 and Lost Odyssey as well.

SchuckyDucky

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
Loved how they showed that real casual like haha.

Hope Nintendo, Microsoft, and the Bond License holders can somehow workout a way to get Goldeneye on there as well.

roguesquirrel

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Too bad its not going to have the changes from the Xbox version, having to collect all the notes in one go is not particularly fun in the later stages.

Tom Nook

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
This is bigger news to me:
91LdvKKdFcL._SL1500_.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.