• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

?

• Horizon 2

Votes: 415 68.7%
  • Hellblade 2

Votes: 189 31.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SheriffMcDuck

Oct 27, 2017
If I'm not mistaken we haven't seen anything close to resembling gameplay of Hellblade 2. Especially with them announcing the engine for the game isn't even officially available yet.

Both look surreal from what they've shown though.

Oct 25, 2017
Crazy comparison.

Not only does Horizon 2 look a lot better, but it actually showed more of the world instead of an environment shot and a face close up.

Ringten

Nov 15, 2017
Hellblade looks better! But the thing is... its only an in-engine trailer. No gameplay, no nothing.

So by default Horizon wins...

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
One is in-engine linear game, while the other is a gameplay from an open world game. I'm not sure this's the best comparison.

Thera

Banned
Feb 28, 2019
France
I would say Hellblade. But I am pretty sure Horizon gameplay will looks like the reveal while Hellblade won't.

May 26, 2018
Well... Hellblade showed Senua's head.

Horizon showed an entire game world.

I gotta give it to Horizon until Hellblade releases more footage.

Flaurehn

Oct 25, 2017
Mexico City
Horizon showed more enviroments and variety of characters/creatures, but Hellblade had more impressive face details and animation on Senua. Can't decide because I love both games but for now I'll say Horizon 2

Gif

Dec 20, 2019
Hellblade 2 looks way better too me

however I don't think the actual game will look that good - because it's an in engine trailer.

Last edited:

Mugen X

Oct 27, 2017
Colorado
If you prefer realism than I'd say Hellblade, if you prefer style I'd say Horizon. Personally I think Hellblade looked better but was that trailer in engine or CG?

QuantumZebra

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Horizon 1 was the first game in a LONG time that had me honestly taken aback at the graphics. I have never in my life taken so many screenshots. To this day I still think it's the best looking game there is.

Horizon 2 is no exception to this - that engine is a beast.

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
Hellblade is more visually impressive from what little we saw of it, but it's also not a fair comparison at all as it's in-engine vs. in-game.

Ultimately I still I expect Hellblade 2 to look better, but Horizon 2 will arguably be the more impressive of the two as it'll still be competitive despite having to make huge concessions to support its open world.

Skux

Oct 26, 2017
Horizon had what looks like gameplay or at least in-game footage so that gets my tick.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
And here we go with the comparisons😬
Horizon is a Open World Game, Hellblade 2 we assume that it is a linear game or at least very contained as well as the first, so I doesnt make so much sense in comparing the two games.
But if I have to choose...HZD2, precisely because it is an Open World, graphic concessions are usually made, and the game is GORGEOUS.

ToadPacShakur

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Oof that's... Not fair..

Hellblade 2 had a really great trailer... That didn't show gameplay

Horizon 2 also had a really great trailer, maybe not as impressive in certain areas compared to Hellblade BUT it showed gameplay so obviously things are different

This isn't gonna be anything other than console wars :/

TheModestGun

Banned
Dec 5, 2017
I think pure character fidelity maybe Hellblade 2, but if I'm judging by the whole picture then I have to give the nod to Horizon. It seems like it's doing just SO MUCH MORE.

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
Horizon. Hellblade barely showed much, whereas horizon showed a whole world with different characters with lots of different things going on.

JaseC64

Enlightened
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Strong Island NY
Ill wait for gameplay for both but Is Hellblade an open world game? At the end, does it make sense to compare them?

Hellblade devs announced they are switching engines to UE5, correct? So the end product will be different/better depending when both release.

Also we've yet to see Naughty Dog, Sony Santa Monica and Sucker Punch. The generation is long ways off and its a little silly to start having these comparisons. I heard the new Halo is the best looking thing out there. We shall see.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
To me, Senua's face is better.

But Horizon 2 showed a open world.

So the real answer is Bugsnax Ratchet & Clank.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
The one that has the engine that Kojima wanted.

But Demon Souls screenshots won today.

pg2g

Dec 18, 2018
Going solely on the graphics represented in trailers, Hellblade by a landslide. But what they showed wasn't really representative of gameplay so its hard to make a reasonable comparison

MrPink

Oct 27, 2017
Hellblade based off that reveal trailer specifically, but, I guess I need to see something resembling more of a game before I can judge further.

Status
Not open for further replies.