• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don Fluffles

Oct 28, 2017
Seeing charlatans get destroyed will never NOT be great.

Remember. You can't spell Conservative without 'con'.

Dis

Oct 27, 2017
I really want someone at one of these things to just stand up and ask him if he'll slow down how he speaks so that people can actually pay full attention to what he's saying and see how much of it is ridiculous or if he knows he can't do that because then everyone will realise how he's an idiot instantly.

But yeah love seeing him get destroyed any and every time and the fact college kids do it is even funnier because he'll just his bitching and whining about it online which gives more laughs.

lunarworks

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
uyETGBO.gif

MamaSpaghetti

Banned
Mar 17, 2022
it's funny seeing him get insulted, but i wouldn't call that destroyed, that's a joke everyone has been making for years already
yeah, was also confused... doesn't really seem the title and the vid line up. Kid just calls him a bozo and that he doesn't get any pussy/cant get his wife wet not sure what the DESTROYED aspect is

Truly Gargantuan

Still doesn't have a tag :'(
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
it's funny seeing him get insulted, but i wouldn't call that destroyed, that's a joke everyone has been making for years already
The fact that someone said it to his face and has the receipts to prove it is what makes it hilarious for me.
Also yeah, it's a joke that's been used over and over again towards him but it hasn't stopped being funny yet. Benny Shaps is so obviously afraid of sexuality he ought to be ridiculed for it everywhere he goes.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
OP please choose your words more carefully and only use language like "destroyed" if he actually died/got sent to the shadow realm/blasted back to the negaverse because otherwise you're just getting my hopes up!

Brewm0nt

Dec 22, 2017
Orlando, FL
Yeah I kinda think this stuff is lame, and would much rather someone legitimately try to break down what he's saying and really get to the meat of it so that he talks himself into a pretzel. I've always thought basic insults, while funny, does nothing to show people why these positions are ridiculous.

PAFenix

Unshakable Resolve
Nov 21, 2019
What college wasted money to give this waste of space a platform?

Temascos

Oct 27, 2017
It's funny but it's not DESTROYED material.

For reference, my idea of DESTROYED is for their very ideals to collapse in spectacular fashion. I am talking full on Al Pachino in the ending of Devil's Advocate level of NOOOOOOO! (The explosions aren't required but preferred) as they realise everything they have fought for is for nothing, and all that's left is a pitiful mess that gets mistaken for rubbish in the street.

MechaMarmaset

Nov 20, 2017
100% of my exposure to this guy is liberals/progressives giving him a platform I would have never seen otherwise.

NuclearCake

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm grappling with the realization that Ben Shapiro hasn't destroyed himself yet.

How does someone like him still have a platform?

Zekes

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine declaring to the world that your wife is drier than a 1950 white family's roast

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I was hoping for a Billy Madison type of destruction not just a light burn.

Karateka

Oct 28, 2017
Hbomberguy was really the only time I've ever seen Shapiro adequately destroyed.

100% of my exposure to this guy is liberals/progressives giving him a platform I would have never seen otherwise.
You probably have a pretty contained media bubble then the guy has millions of followers/subs and is on TV all the time for some reason or another.

gimbles123

Oct 27, 2017
Title feels misleading. While, I am hopeful that someone as this event got him to feel stupid for making no sense this is just someone insulting him.

Veelk

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I kinda think this stuff is lame, and would much rather someone legitimately try to break down what he's saying and really get to the meat of it so that he talks himself into a pretzel. I've always thought basic insults, while funny, does nothing to show people why these positions are ridiculous.
No. I can't speak for the efficacy of mocking him, but doing that is worse. It just legitimizes him as a valid side to take seriously. The Right routinely sees a boost in numbers whenever this happens.

I'm grappling with the realization that Ben Shapiro hasn't destroyed himself yet.

Why wouldn't he? He mastered the art of speaking with confidence, aggression, and never backing down or admitting fault. Along with some basic media management competence, that's basically all you need to succeed in this.

Incubuster

Oct 30, 2017
I enjoy Shapiro getting insulted as much as the next but I don't know if this qualifies as him getting destroyed.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017

As far as I know, he's just another standard conservative talking head. They're all rather interchangeable so it doesn't seem to be a particularly competitive space, you just have to avoid getting dropped like Milo.

Thordinson

Aug 1, 2018

Giving him a platform doesn't show that these positions are ridiculous. It just means more people get exposed to his ideology. One can dismantle his points without him being there. If he's there, it legitimizes his views.

His position on gender identity in the full clip is literally "Other cultures are wrong when they have third genders and white colonialist views are correct."

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
A load of people have done this in the past with debate bros and it doesn't work because they're not arguing from a position of logic or reason in the first place.

Aiqops

Aug 3, 2021
I was expecting him getting destroyed through debating not just a simple insult that even my, can't debate for shit, ass could make. Clickbait title. 😆

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
Ben Shapiro has guested with PewDiePIe and shit. He's got millions of YouTube subscribers. He's already a meme with younger people, unfortunately, we're not the ones who get to choose whether or not he has a platform.

Deleted member 25606

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
That was funny.

And I think the destroyed is satire on Bens videos where he "Destroys" everybody in his labeling, but usually is him saying super refutable things with no destroying going on.

Oct 25, 2017
Hbomberguy was really the only time I've ever seen Shapiro adequately destroyed.
*nods* The majority of "destruction" towards Shapiro is self-inflicted.
Whether it was his meltdown with Andrew Neil just because he DARED to ask simple questions, or the whole WAP incident that's still getting mocked today (as seen in the video).
It almost feels like he has a humiliation fetish.

Billfisto

Oct 30, 2017
Canada
The haunted ventriloquist dummy will probably just squeal about it being an "ad hominem because they couldn't rationally counter his ideas with facts and logic" or some bullshit.

Fuck Shapiro, (and I think that everyone should shit-talk him whenever he tries to appear in public), but this isn't a win.

Thordinson

Aug 1, 2018
He has a platform with millions of followers and thousands of racist uncles are posting his 'destroying liberals' clips on whatever platform all the time.

I know he does. But debating with him won't move the needle significantly in any direction. Less exposure to his views is always better. For the millions that follow him, there are millions not yet exposed to his views.

Osu 16 Bit

QA Lead at NetherRealm Studios
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago, IL
There's no point in an argument about if it's better to engage him with and break down his ideas. The premise that if somebody just argued well he'd idk, go away or lose followers or whatever is total fantasy. Nothing serious is going to matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.