• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What will be the best action-game in 2019?

• Devil May Cry 5

Votes: 117 33.8%
  • Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Votes: 147 42.5%
  • Kingdom Hearts III

Votes: 25 7.2%
  • Other

Votes: 57 16.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Borowski

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Jun 24, 2018
2019 is shaping up to be a fantastic year for the character action genre

From sequels of some of the most beloved series, to a new IP of one of best studios in the business, fans of this genre will have a lot to look forward to.

Which do you think will be the best?

10475_Devil_May_Cry_5_C_14dfb19d6fe9c98d0130d57c13e579e5.jpg

0*i9mzf3dQpMx1olU9.jpg

kingdom-hearts-3.jpg

Xenosaga

Oct 27, 2017
As for Sekiro and DMC5, I think it would depend on what you focus more on. I expect DMC5 to have better core combat mechanics, but Sekiro to have better level design/exploration.

KiLAM

Jan 25, 2018
All of them are so different from each other but I gotta go with Ninja Souls here.

Last edited:

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Those are all action, but tbh I'm looking for something different in each if that makes any sense.

atlans89

Oct 25, 2017
I think Sekiro will be better at boss fights, while DMC5 is stronger at gameplay. KH3 is action RPG and hard to be compared to those pure breed.

OP
OP
Borowski

Borowski

Using an alt account to circumvent a ban
Banned
Jun 24, 2018
Those are all action, but tbh I'm looking for something different in each if that makes any sense.

It totally does

I'll be playing DMC 5 for the over-the-top action, while Sekiro will give me better level-design and intense boss-fights

Shadoken

Oct 25, 2017
I think it terms of Action combat it would be DMC.

Sekiro might end up being the better overall game.

Deleted member 36622

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 21, 2017
I mean Metroid Prime 4 could be next year and that's action too, Bayonetta 3, Crackdown 3, Ultimate Alliance 3... I vote others just because i don't like this tendency of rewarding games before they actually come out.

Zephy

Oct 27, 2017
Shouldn't Ghosts of Tsushima be here as well ?

Anyway, it's probably going to be DMC5, but on gaming forums we won't hear the end of From Software's latest game.

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
While I can see people voting Sekiro if you're looking at the game holistically, DMC5 is definitely going to have better action gameplay.

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Devil May Cry for me. I don't like how From games play, though their art direction is always so up my alley :(, and I've been waiting so long for a sequel to DMC 4.

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
Wow, I voted for Sekiro but I honestly expected DMC5 to win by a country mile. I guess there're more of us FromSoft fans than I thought.

Where y'all DMC fans at? Show some support dammit!

Last edited:

Blade Wolf

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Taiwan
While I appreciate how exciting and stylish the DMC combat is, I much prefer the FromSoftware approach. It's just more tactical and in my opinion, deeper.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
DMC5 most likely, but there's always the chance it could end up like 4.

sredgrin

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Hades gonna sneak up on y'all.

okay, it probably won't beat DMC and Sekiro, but it's damn good so far

ArjanN

Oct 25, 2017
DMC5 most likely, but there's always the chance it could end up like 4.

To be fair DMC4 still had the best gameplay of the genre. It's just a bunch of the stuff around it that wasn't as good.

It's still a thing. Team Ninja said it's coming.

Source? I mean I think it's probably still a worthwhile brand for them. and it wouldn't surprise me, but I haven't heard anything specific.

monmagman

Dec 6, 2018
England,UK
If we are talking about best as in game design/gameplay then I can't look past Miyazaki right now,he's on another level for me.So........Sekiro.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
Source? I mean I think it's probably still a worthwhile brand for them. and it wouldn't surprise me, but I haven't heard anything specific.

There was an interview last year where they talked about it and said it's coming when the time is right. Presumable that time will be after they are done with Nioh.

Think this is it although the site won't let me view it with Adblock: https://www.usgamer.net/articles/team-ninja-ninja-gaiden-needs-to-be-in-the-shadows-for-a-while

Status
Not open for further replies.