• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Other games forgotten to include in the larger poll

• COD Modern Warfare (2019)

Votes: 13 43.3%
  • Kingdom Hearts 3

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • Ori and The Blind Forest

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Anthem

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Division 2

Votes: 2 6.7%
  • GT Sport

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Luigi's Mansion 3

Votes: 7 23.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 19924

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Now with all major releases out of the way and many of them being incredible lookers, it's time to repick the best looking game. The last time we had a poll of this type God of War was in the lead with RDR 2 not far behind.

Deleted member 56266

Account closed at user request
Banned
Apr 25, 2019
RDR2 PC is the most technically impressive for sure (assuming), not sure if that's what you are asking though.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly, I want to give it to RDR, but some of those Modern Warfare levels with ray traced shadows are mindblowing. They're the two best looking games out now, IMO.

Modern Warfare is the first time I've felt that I've gotten a glimpse at what next gen can offer. RDR2 is more consistent overall, and shows the absolute very best that this gen has offered.

Trice

Banned
Nov 3, 2018
Croatia
The new COD is one of the best looking games I've ever seen, if not the best ever. Should be on that list.

Ryuhza

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
San Diego County
Although I'm in many ways more impressed with what other games have accomplished at 60fps on consoles, it's still RDR2 for me. Largely comes down to the scale and lighting, as well as the variety of naturalistic environments. It's just one of my favorite games to look at.

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
rdr 2 with metro with rtx close behind it.

Have you played MW with RTX? I've found RTX to largely be a letdown in Metro. The game looks decent overall, but the lighting feels like a let down. RTX does nicely in a few places (mostly rooms exposed to the outdoors but obstructed from the sun), but overall it doesn't feel like it offers a significant upgrade over traditional lighting to warrant the absolutely massive performance drop. Outside of RTX, the game does not look that particularly great to me. 1080p gives me good performance with RTX, but the AA implementation is very poor to the point where I need to supersample by at least 50% to get acceptable image quality, at which point I'm teetering around 60fps with an RTX 2070 Super. MW on the other hand offers a next-gen level improvement to lighting through shadows with a paltry 20% hit to performance.

OP
OP

Deleted member 19924

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Honestly, I want to give it to RDR, but some of those Modern Warfare levels with ray traced shadows are mindblowing. They're the two best looking games out now, IMO.

Modern Warfare is the first time I've felt that I've gotten a glimpse at what next gen can offer. RDR2 is more consistent overall, and shows the absolute very best that this gen has offered.
The new COD is one of the best looking games I've ever seen, if not the best ever. Should be on that list.
Oh wow, I'm an idiot. Will a mod please close the thread?

Oct 27, 2017
Portland, OR
Why would you release this poll mere days before the definitive version of the game that nearly won last time is released? I mean, maybe it'll have issues and look nowhere near as much an upgrade as it could over the 1X version, but surely it makes more sense to wait and see?

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
It's Red Dead, unless we're counting the RTX version of Metro.

Linus815

Oct 29, 2017
Have you played MW with RTX? I've found RTX to largely be a letdown in Metro. The game looks decent overall, but the lighting feels like a let down. RTX does nicely in a few places (mostly rooms exposed to the outdoors but obstructed from the sun), but overall it doesn't feel like it offers a significant upgrade over traditional lighting to warrant the absolutely massive performance drop. Outside of RTX, the game does not look that particularly great to me. MW on the other hand offers a next-gen level improvement to lighting through shadows with a paltry 20% hit to performance.

unfortunately not, I only played the ps4 pro version of MW. But it still looked great so I believe that rtx makes it next level.

GMM

Oct 27, 2017
Modern Warfare looks like real life at times, the spectral rendering is incredible and the night vision stuff is something else.

Red Dead is still the most impressive achievement in terms of scope.

leng jai

Nov 2, 2017
Why now when RDR 2 PC and Death Stranding come out next week. Poll doesn't even have A Plague's Tale which pretty much beats 90% of that list on PC.

Boy

Apr 24, 2018
I actually just played rdr2 on the base ps4 yesterday, and it still blows me away. I'd still stay Rrdr2

low-G

Oct 25, 2017
Quake 2 RTX, for the most advanced everything-except-materials-and-models in games.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
I swear I see a different game when I see horizon zero dawn then most people, I mean it looks good but not the second best, I wouldn't even put it top 3.

OP
OP

Deleted member 19924

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Why now when RDR 2 PC and Death Stranding come out next week. Poll doesn't even have A Plague's Tale which pretty much beats 90% of that list on PC.
C'mom Leng, I think everyone has seen enough of RDR 2 and DS to know whether the rendering and art style is for them. A Plague Tale looks great indeed, it slipped my mind unfortunately.

ZSJ

Alt-Account
Banned
Jul 21, 2019
Lmao at that poll. A downgraded Ori port is an option but no Gears 5?

Red Dead 2 though.

Status
Not open for further replies.