• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alandring

Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Switzerland
Nintendo has revealed yesterday the best selling games on Nintendo eShop in 2019.

In the US:
  1. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
  2. Minecraft
  3. Cuphead
  4. Untitled Goose Game
  5. Pokémon Sword
  6. Fire Emblem: Three Houses
  7. NBA 2K19
  8. New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
  9. Dragon Ball FighterZ
  10. Pokémon Shield
  11. Super Mario Maker 2
  12. Overcooked 2
  13. Hollow Knight
  14. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
  15. Luigi's Mansion 3
  16. Cadence of Hyrule: Crypt of the NecroDancer Featuring The Legend of Zelda
  17. Super Mario Party
  18. Final Fantasy VII
  19. Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 for Nintendo Switch
  20. Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order
  21. Undertale
  22. Crypt of the NecroDancer
  23. Mortal Kombat 11
Source

Last edited:

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
Man Europe has such better taste than the US. Yooka and Crash at #4 and #5 <3

Yuntu

Prophet of Regret
Nov 7, 2019
Germany
Luigis Mansion seems to be more physical than some of the other bigger Nintendo releases (of course without hard numbers these rankings don't really mean much).

RBH

Official ERA expert on Third Party Football
Nov 2, 2017
NBA 2K19 did better than I would expect

Grapezard

Nov 16, 2017
19. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy
4e2ced108cc707991af7e3de5bb9dda6.gif

Nice.

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017
The US one has been posted back on December 24th here on Era, it's not new. A brief comparison between the ranking posted here - https://www.resetera.com/threads/nintendo-eshop-top-sellers-of-2019.161161/ and the one in NintendoLife's article will show they're exactly the same. The OP excluded both Fornite (1st in the US ranking) and Warframe (24th) from the ranking in his post, that's where the difference lies.

I can't see the European one yet, but that may just be my own Switch which is late with Nintendo News updates.

Eoin

Oct 27, 2017
Without a real source for the EU list I'm calling bullshit in this tbh.
Agreed. There is not the slightest chance that the European eShop charts for 2019 look like that. No Smash (it's not as popular in Europe as it in in NA, but it's popular enough that it will be on the charts), no MK8, SMM2 and Luigi's Mansion 3 below Astral Chain, no Stardew Valley (which lives up near the top of the charts every time I check them), no Untitled Goose Game, no Hollow Knight... it's definitely wrong.

Maybe it's a single country's chart, but definitely not Europe.

cyba89

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The european list is false. I can see the news post OP is referring to on my Switch and this is just an unordered list of notable 2019 releases.

hyouko

Oct 27, 2017
I'm kind of shocked Stardew Valley isn't on there; I remember seeing it pretty regularly on the top list over the year. (And also surprised that Undertale, which I don't remember seeing, making the list - though it's well deserved, that's a great game.)

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Seems like Switch owners like their Dragon Ball games....now if Bamco got the message as well.

ultramooz

Oct 27, 2017
Paris, France
Dragon quest XI and builders 2 in europe makes me very happy, phoenix wright is surprising but nice.

Lol at americans discovering Dragonball 32 years too late.

K Samedi

Oct 27, 2017
The European Switch list seems more like a most played list. I can't believe that Astral Chain would outperform Mario Maker 2 on the e-shop

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
Great to see Astral Chain and Dragon Quest in the europe list. I bet the latter is mostly because of France. God bless you, you're probably the reason we still get overseas DQ releases at all

benzopil

Oct 25, 2017
It's literally impossible for Divinity to be on a second place no matter how fantastic the game is

Raijinto

self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
We need a better source I think OP. The list is questionable to say the least. I mean I love YL but it absolutely wasn't the 4th best selling game of the whole year, even digitally.

LBsquared

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 22, 2019
I love my Switch, but I only own 3 of the top 20 and I hate one of them (NSMBU, Hollow Knight, Mario Maker 2 - hate it and wish I went physical so I could sell it). Surprised Mario Kart wasn't there.

Edit: looking at the Euro list, I call bullshit on both lists. There's no way Yooka was the 4th best selling game.

Gotdatmoney

Oct 28, 2017
Great to see Astral Chain and Dragon Quest in the europe list. I bet the latter is mostly because of France. God bless you, you're probably the reason we still get overseas DQ releases at all

The EU list isn't correct.

Every single game in the EU list launched in 2019. Compare that to the Americas list.

It's impossible.

I love my Switch, but I only own 3 of the top 20 and I hate one of them (NSMBU, Hollow Knight, Mario Maker 2 - hate it and wish I went physical so I could sell it). Surprised Mario Kart wasn't there.

Edit: looking at the Euro list, I call bullshit on both lists. There's no way Yooka was the 4th best selling game.

The NA one is absolutely true. Europe list is not a best selling list.

Mario Maker 2 is great >:(

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
The US one has been posted back on December 24th here on Era, it's not new. A brief comparison between the ranking posted here - https://www.resetera.com/threads/nintendo-eshop-top-sellers-of-2019.161161/ and the one in NintendoLife's article will show they're exactly the same. The OP excluded both Fornite (1st in the US ranking) and Warframe (24th) from the ranking in his post, that's where the difference lies.

I can't see the European one yet, but that may just be my own Switch which is late with Nintendo News updates.
And why exclude them? Because they're free? And this claim that this went up "yesterday" is very odd indeed. The OP is not very compelling.

Mpl90

Oct 25, 2017
And why exclude them? Because they're free? And this claim that this went up "yesterday" is very odd indeed. The OP is not very compelling.

Don't ask me why he excluded them :P
The only thing that went up "yesterday" was the article from NintendoLife. The OP probably assumed the ranking was published at the same time.

Still, the OP gets less and less compelling given what others said about the EU chart XD

EDIT: I like how you still use "compelling" for what was said about MH3G's textures over 8 years ago...and how I still get that reference.

Last edited:

Gnorman

Banned
Jan 14, 2018
I find D:OS at number 2 in the EU extremely hard to believe. Would be awesome if true though.

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
The EU list can't be right. Yooka-Laylee barely made the top 30 in Europe when it came out and certainly didn't sell better than Pokemon, Fire Emblem, Luigi's Mansion and Mario Maker, no Smash or Minecraft is straight up impossible, Luigi's Mansion definitely sold better than Overwatch or Dragon Quest, Divinity ahead of Pokemon...list is complete bogus.

sir_crocodile

Oct 25, 2017
The EU list isn't correct.

Every single game in the EU list launched in 2019. Compare that to the Americas list.

It's impossible.

Because you said this, I checked my own switch (i'm in the uk)

I couldn't find a best selling list....but I did find another list that matches the OPs perfectly, OP's list is "Gems of 2019", a list of notable games available in the news feed. :(

Alandring , you should remove the europe one from the OP.

OP
OP
Alandring

Alandring

Banned
Feb 2, 2018
Switzerland
Sorry for the mistake, I removed the European chart. Sorry also for the US chart, the article is from yesterday, so I thought it was new.

First, because free games aren't include in european and japanese charts, so it would be a bad comparison. Second, because I don't see the interest to make a list of most popular games with free and paid games.

About the mistake, the article for the US chart is from yesterday, and we have a news called "The biggest successes of 2019 on the Nintendo eShop" from yesterday in Europe, so I thought it was the same thing.

Last edited:

Aniki

Oct 25, 2017
Divinity charting so high in Europe warms my heart. Best CRPG of the last few years.

Hollow Knight nowhere to be found in the european charts.... at least it charted in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.