• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
Infuriating.

I know that they aren't at fault to a large extent, but they have avenues for relief and certainly can go harder at Republicans. They mostly are demonstrating that they are inept at governing.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pelosi could bring in Emily, the GSA person who controls transition funding, with subpoena or the incoming Biden admin could threaten legal action against anyone that doesn't want to comply with the transition. Instead they don't do anything and ask for money from supporters.

Typhon

Oct 25, 2017
I fucking give up on fighting for shit anymore. What was the point of escaping 4 years of hell if it's just going to turn to another 4 years hell of at this point? It never ends.

captmcblack

Oct 25, 2017
Don't give a fuck, need the GSA to sign off and let them get their funding. I think they're planning on bringing the person responsible for this in on Monday, so I don't know what else to do.

Also nobody has this smoke for the "Biden Fight Fund" legal defense stuff.

Just don't donate to it...I'm not!

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
It's stupid. It's so stupid.

There are lives on the line. He needs to be able to hit the ground running, but there has to be a better recourse than asking supporters to give more.

Pelosi could bring in Emily, the GSA person who controls transition funding, with subpoena or the incoming Biden admin could threaten legal action against anyone that doesn't want to comply with the transition. Instead they don't do anything and ask for money from supporters.

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
I'd agree this isn't a good look. For one, Biden shouldn't be in this position. This is 100% a failing of the American government. It fails at a lot of things due to bad actors trying to actively break it.

But the Biden campaign raised a shitton of money. They should have $9m or whatever to float this until that lady at the GSA gets her Kim Davis looking ass out of Trump's ass. They shouldn't be asking supporters for this.

BoboBrazil

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's stupid. It's so stupid.

There are lives on the line. He needs to be able to hit the ground running, but there has to be a better recourse than asking supporters to give more.

This answer doesn't stand up to scrutiny. They can threaten her with legal action under the incoming Biden DOJ if she doesn't comply.

Oct 25, 2017
Where's Bloomberg? Let him foot the bill. And you're telling me that there is no leftover cash from election season? Besides, every penny right now must go to the Georgia Senate races. I'll take a rocky transition into the Whitehouse over losing two Senate seats.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
I'd agree this isn't a good look. For one, Biden shouldn't be in this position. This is 100% a failing of the American government. It fails at a lot of things due to bad actors trying to actively break it.

But the Biden campaign raised a shitton of money. They should have $9m or whatever to float this until that lady at the GSA gets her Kim Davis looking ass out of Trump's ass. They shouldn't be asking supporters for this.

Yeah, it's Biden's record takings that make it so suspect/outrageous.

They need to open their books and show us that they need the money and not that it's just going to the DNC (which some of it from this fundraising effort explicitly is).

Even still, it makes them look inept.

KtotheRoc

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This is a perfectly normal transition and obviously not a giant red flag over a failed nation.

dalq

Feb 13, 2018
time to make that gofundme like millions of us citizens without healthcare

Beignet

alt account
Banned
Aug 1, 2020
Why don't you ask one of your several dozen billionaire donors to pitch in. Fuck off, Joe.

Zip

Oct 28, 2017
Do they not have millions left over from the campaign? Last I heard they were flush with cash.

Ridiculous that Trump and lackeys are gumming things up either way.

May 26, 2018
wtf are they doing? what is even the direction here? how did this make it down the chain and get approved?

someone needs a good slappin'

Volimar

volunteer forum janitor
Oct 25, 2017
I have to wonder if this is some ill conceived plan where they think if people get angry enough it will somehow force the GSA's hand.

Jeremy

Oct 25, 2017
Do they not have millions left over from the campaign? Last I heard they were flush with cash.

Ridiculous that Trump and lackeys are gumming things up either way.

Ultimately it's not just a fucking money issue, which makes this outrageous.

It's things like Trump instructing his COVID team not to work with Biden's COVID team. It's Biden not getting security briefings.

Biden is trying to make this our problem, or he's straight up trying to grift.

Infuriating.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This was probably brought to us by the same consultants that conjured up Kamala Harris' student debt forgiveness plan during the primary.

skullmuffins

Oct 25, 2017
FYI it is normal for campaigns to raise money from donors for the transition. it's a separate pool w/ a $5k individual cap

Deleted member 34169

User requested account closure
Nov 23, 2017
Yeah, it's Biden's record takings that make it so suspect/outrageous.

They need to open their books and show us that they need the money and not that it's just going to the DNC (which some of it from this fundraising effort explicitly is).

Even still, it makes them look inept.
LOL it makes THEM look inept? They literally can't do anything. What are they gonna do, "force" the GSA to come to the house. Subpoena them so they can ignore it? Please, tell us what exactly you would do right now. How you can make the jump to the party that is being fucked with as inept is beyond me when they have zero legal power to do anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.