• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thirteen Billionaire Donors that is:

Joe Biden extended his lead over Donald Trump in the race for the most billionaire donors in May, according to a review of documents filed with the Federal Election Commission. The former vice president, who has received donations from 106 billionaires and their spouses, added six new donors last month. President Trump, meanwhile, got just one new donor, bringing his total to 93.

My guy got a classic in his stable now

The Biden campaign added support from a few Democratic megadonors. Haim Saban, who Forbes estimates is worth $2.8 billion, made his first contribution to Biden's campaign in May. During the 2016 campaign Saban was one of Hillary Clinton's largest donors

Source: https://www.forbes.com/sites/michel...billionaire-donors-trump-has-93/#520465262341

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
of the rich want to cowardly crawl us back to being a nation of sanity then whatever but goddamnit should we tax the fuck out of them

Oct 25, 2017
Saban?
Sneak peak and Biden's next campaign ad:
kvJXchD.gif

Mariolee

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Oh you.

In other words, this is fantastic. Maybe the fears of him admitting higher tax rates over the rich were not as warranted? We'll see though, still too soon to tell.

OP
OP
Sou Da

Sou Da

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Biden got Power Rangers energy now???
sure does

"I'm not suggesting we put Muslims through some kind of torture room to get them to admit they are or they're not terrorists," he is quoted as telling The Wrap in a story posted Wednesday, "but I am saying we should have more scrutiny." Suggesting that some civil liberties may need to be suspended in the face of security threats, he asked rhetorically: "You want to be free and dead? I'd rather be not free and alive."

"It's a wake-up call. I fully believe we're in a different kind of World War III," said Saban, who is a major supporter of Hillary Clinton in her bid for the White House. "

Pendas

Oct 28, 2017

DrROBschiz

Oct 25, 2017
When the alternative is a completely broken economy because of how COVID-19 is being handled, I think companies would rather take the tax hike.

Fuck em

THey should have been on the side of a stable society from the beginning if they had half a brain but apparently being wealth makes you think that selfish isolationism and tax evasion/theft is somehow a viable way to move forward

It shouldn't take the crumbling of America to see fucking reason but here we are

Deleted member 4346

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Biden is beholden to these billionaire donors for sure. He'll have their best interests at heart should he win in November. I wish American workers could say the same.

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Always "loved" how Saban has all these billions but always paid his actors peanuts on Power Rangers. Fucking asshole.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Huh!!! That Forbes article linked in OP says one of Biden's donors is the wife of Fox News' Rupert Murdoch:

Biden's newest donors:

Jerry Hall, wife of Rupert Murdoch

Spouse's net worth: $16.7 billion *

Source of wealth: Newspaper, TV network

Contributions: $500 **

David and Beth Shaw

Net worth: $7.3 billion

Source of wealth: Hedge funds

Contributions: $11,200

John and Virginia Sall

Net worth: $4.4 billion

Source of wealth: Software

Contributions: $5,600

Haim Saban

Net worth: $2.8 billion

Source of wealth: TV network, investments

Contributions: $5,600

Disco

Oct 25, 2017
Saban is a piece of shit and tbh Power Rangers sucks ass too unless you're 12 years old.

beansontoast

One Winged Slayer
Jan 5, 2020
Huh!!! That Forbes article linked in OP says one of Biden's donors is the wife of Fox News' Rupert Murdoch:
Tbf I think old Rupie's numerous spouses over the years have just been engaging in a nice bit of wealth redistribution, rather than any great love for that prune. Fair play to them I say.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
kinda surprising

www.cnbc.com

Biden tells donors: I'm going to get rid of most of Trump's tax cuts 'and a lot of you may not like that'

Biden's warning to his backers came as the candidate laid out an ambitious suite of policy goals during a virtual campaign fundraiser on Monday.

Biden also said he would raise the corporate tax rate to 28%, which he said would raise an estimated $1.3 trillion over the next decade. The Trump tax cuts had shrunk corporate taxes to 21% from 35%

Not that surprising.

fontguy

Avenger
Oct 8, 2018
I think there was bipartisan consensus to drop the rate, but not by as much. And of course, Dems also wanted to tighten up the code so there are fewer loopholes to lower liability.

I'm sure there are plenty of Dems who also wanted to enact a portion of this corporate giveaway. They are also trash.

Pendas

Oct 28, 2017
Fuck em

THey should have been on the side of a stable society from the beginning if they had half a brain but apparently being wealth makes you think that selfish isolationism and tax evasion/theft is somehow a viable way to move forward

It shouldn't take the crumbling of America to see fucking reason but here we are

Yup, I completely agree.

Oct 30, 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.