• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden

Joe Biden told a CBS reporter to "calm down" after he asked the former vice president why he had attacked Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), a top rival of Biden's for the Democratic presidential nomination.

"Yesterday, you said you accepted Bernie's apology, now you're attacking him," said Ed O'Keefe, the veteran reporter covering the 2020 presidential campaign for the network. "Why are you doing that? Why wasn't his apology enough, Mr. Vice President? Why attack Sanders?"

After the last question, Biden, who had been ready to leave the press area, turned back to O'Keefe with a wide-eyed expression and walked back toward him.

"Why, why, why, why, why, why, why?" Biden said, waving his hands toward O'Keefe and bending toward him slightly.

"You're getting nervous, man. Calm down, it's OK!" Biden said, putting his hands gently on O'Keefe's shoulder.

"He apologized for saying I was corrupt, he didn't say anything about whether or not I was telling the truth about Social Security," Biden then states, as O'Keefe recorded the conversation.

Biden proceeded to give the reporter a soft tap with his fist before leaving the area.
video of the incident:

just having a completely normal one on the campaign trail

PatMan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Meh, he's under stress. He's preparing to take on Trump. Bernie will soon be behind him.

bluexy

Comics Enabler & Freelance Games Journalist
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
215871-Why-Why-Why-Why-Why.jpg

ZackieChan

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Absolutely shocking behavior. I can't believe such a thing happened.
Actually, the only thing shocking is the weird haircut going on with the back of his hair. He's got a Poltergeist 3 thing going on.

captive

Oct 25, 2017
Houston
if only reporters would treat trump and every single fucking republican like this.

like not saying biden doesnt deserve criticism here, but seriously WTF.

*Republican lies through their teeth*
media: why are the democrats so mean?

lobdale

Oct 25, 2017
Reporter tries really hard to bait politician into giving him something, anything

Gets it

Ziltoidia 9

Oct 25, 2017
Meh, having too many questions within a question can be confusing. Putting "why" at the beginning of everything is annoying, TBH.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
He was being badgered so he jokingly threw it back at him. In the grand scheme of wacky Biden behavior this was exceedingly normal IMO.

Oct 25, 2017
I want Biden to lose the primary as much as anyone but this seemed like a normal response in that chaos. Almost too tempered even. This isn't even close to the average Trump behaviour/response on his best day.

Zelas

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Bernie apologized for one of several issues, not all of them. Why are folks asking for Bernie to get a free pass? Why?

Bobson Dugnutt

Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
this is fuck all by just about any politcian's standards. slightly over the top? yeah. How many interactions happen during a campaign event that get analysed within an inch of their life?

PMS341

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt-account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
The little punch makes it. Like wtf?

Dyno

AVALANCHE
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I really hope Bernie gets the nomination cause this guy is totally gonna lose to trump

Status
Not open for further replies.