• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morrison71

Oct 27, 2017
I know it's Bill Maher and he's an idiot but I think it's worth talking about because like it or not this is how some dems feel. What can possibly be done for the trans community when one political party and practicality half of the other are against them?
www.youtube.com

New Rule: Along for the Pride | Real Time with Bill Maher (HBO)

Subscribe to the Real Time YouTube: http://itsh.bo/10r5A1BIt’s okay to ask questions about something that’s very new and involves children.Connect with Real ...

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I am aware there are a lot of transphobic pieces of shit on the left. I don't need to listen, or give clicks to, a dumb fuck like Maher.

echoshifting

very salt heavy
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The Negative Zone
It's always unsettling to me how many people on the left still think this guy is worth listening to. I had a friend talking him up in a group chat just this morning.

Anyway vile stuff and I want my ten minutes back. Typical old cis straight white dude bullshit. Maher is the original galaxy brain nincompoop.

Bionic

Oct 27, 2017
You can not give them attention and instead give attention to trans people whose voices you want to lift up.

Zeliard

Jun 21, 2019
Bill Maher is a Dem like Sam Harris is a Dem.

That is, they probably do vote for one side but also do as much to harm it as any Republican could ever dream to. They're wolves in sheeps' clothing, and susceptible to far too many college-aged kids without a clue who are happy to proudly parrot the stupidity and bigotry.

jackie daytona

Alt Account
Banned
Feb 15, 2022
It's crazy how much people worry about this stuff.

Like, ok, you have a poor understand of the subject and you don't like it. How in the world do so many people feel like it's directly affecting them?

cDNA

Oct 25, 2017
I know it's Bill Maher and he's an idiot but I think it's worth talking about because like it or not this is how some dems feel. What can possibly be done for the trans community when one political party and practicality half of the other are against them?
www.youtube.com

Subscribe to the Real Time YouTube: http://itsh.bo/10r5A1BIt’s okay to ask questions about something that’s very new and involves children.Connect with Real ...
Bill Maher is clearly not supporting Democrats anymore and the position of the majority of the elected Democrats and the judges appointedby Democrats is not same as the Republicans in relation to Transgender rights.Falsely Equating the Democrats to Republicans in this issue, don't help in any way.

lenovox1

Oct 26, 2017
www.youtube.com

Many? Half?

Where's the data on this?

Jersey_Tom

Banned
Dec 2, 2017
It's easy to simply dismiss Maher here, but honestly people should be taking this for what it is; a new direction in the right's playbook on how to talk about trans issues.

In this case we're moving into a dangerous territory of ascribing being trans to trying to fit into a "fad" and that being trans is akin to likely the same as what people thought being gay was 10-15-20 years ago. That is to say that being trans is something that could be prayed away or something you could just be talked out of being if given the "right guidance."

You may have noticed this trend earlier, but it's becoming more and more prominent that the right is not just attributing being transgender to being a mental illness that requires corrective treatment, but that also a not insignificant portion of people who identify as trans are doing so simply for clout, because I guess the right thinks that being trans is some sort of privileged status?

This is all normalizing stigmatizing transgender individuals and denying them their agency. And HBO promoting this kind of shit should seriously be called out.

Status
Not open for further replies.