• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
www.bloomberg.com

The Best Video Games of 2020

These were the 10 games that stood out in a crowded field.
While 2020 was a trash fire for most of the world, business was booming in the video game industry. Production was hampered by people working from home, but sales skyrocketed, and the games were as good as ever. For anyone looking for distraction over the holiday season, here's a roundup of the best titles this year.

- Hades
- Final Fantasy VII Remake
- Call of the Sea
- Demon's Souls
- Assassin's Creed Valhalla
- Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout
- Paper Mario: The Origami King
- Bugsnax
- Ori and the Will of the Wisps
- Jackbox Party Pack 7

jawzpause

Nov 7, 2017
Interesting how many people aren't putting tlou2 in their list, even though the story and pacing weren't great the gameplay was incredible, I'd still put it in my top 10

TheGhost

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Long Island
Alot of people got burnt out once that third chapter hit. I definitely put it down at that point.

Bugsnax over animalcrossings though? Eh can't support that one but the rest of the list is great.

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ridiculous that TLoU Part II isn't there. If an indie title had the same plot device as TLoU II, it would be winning every award known to man.

Rodelero

Oct 27, 2017
As a "these are the ten games I liked" list it's obviously fine.
As a "these are the ten games [generic bloomberg reader] should play" list it's pretty meh.

TsuWave

Oct 27, 2017
I remember when he ambiguously tweeted "video games are too long" when TLoUII was dominating conversations. Although he didn't explicitly say it was about TLoUII, I took that to mean that it wasn't for him, which is OK

zMiiChy-

Dec 12, 2017
Haven't played any of those games, although I own one of them on 2 different platforms

I really want to play one of them

Starphanluke

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 15, 2017
Not a big fan of Schrier in general, but he gets some points for including Paper Mario. Wonderful game.

mclem

Oct 25, 2017
Delighted to see Jackbox on there, it's been rather useful while stuck separate from family.

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
I remember when he ambiguously tweeted "video games are too long" when TLoUII was dominating conversations. Although he didn't explicitly say it was about TLoUII, I took that to mean that it wasn't for him, which is OK
It is not the critic who counts, not the one who points out how the strong man stumbled or how the doer of deeds might have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred with sweat and dust and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs and comes short again and again; who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, and spends himself in a worthy cause; who, if he wins, knows the triumph of high achievement; and who, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who know neither victory nor defeat.

Deleted member 51789

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 9, 2019
As a "these are the ten games I liked" list it's obviously fine.
As a "these are the ten games [generic bloomberg reader] should play" list it's pretty meh.
As a ten games people should play kind of list it's also obviously fine.

I like the variety in genres picked as well, lots of different things to appeal to different tastes - rougelike, RPG, adventure, third person action-adventure, open-world, battle-royale, metroidvania/platformer, party and collect-em-up all represented. Pretty nice to see.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty good list still need to play Call of the Sea and Ori 2. FF7 Remake would probably be my GOTY if i was that bothered to make a list.

Ridiculous that TLoU Part II isn't there. If an indie title had the same plot device as TLoU II, it would be winning every award known to man.

2020 on this forum has broke my sarcasm detector so I'll assume this is a joke

Status
Not open for further replies.