• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Microsoft Corp. said a new service that will let users play video games from their Xbox consoles on their smartphones will be offered for free.

Booty declined to disclose the pricing of the second part of xCloud, except to say that it will be competitive with offerings from Alphabet Inc.'s Google, whose Stadia game-streaming service will go for $10 a month, and Ubisoft Entertainment SA, which unveiled a $15 monthly service.

Edit i think misinterpreted the answer. Thought they meant full streaming
But its console streaming to the phone. My bad can close if needed.

Bunkles

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
This is basically MS saying they are offering Remote Play for free.

Wereroku

Oct 27, 2017
So remote play is free? Makes it sound like your own console runs the game. The option that uses a server would be a paid service.

Garrett 2U

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The portion that is free is streaming a game from your home console to your phone.

The portion that has an unknown price is streaming from the cloud. That is what we are all waiting to find out more about.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope using MS' data centers is included in Game Pass Ultimate. Hopefully overtime, the focus becomes a single subscription, as opposed to 4 separate ones.

xMaximusx

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I read the interview they pulled this from - they're talking about streaming from your box to your phone is free but Phil says they're looking at a subscription for the actual xCloud part

Oct 25, 2017
Can't the Xbox already do streaming from the console? I guess just to PC? Was confused when they brought it up in the presser. Both PS4 and XBO can already do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.