• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

collige

Oct 31, 2017
gordongoner.com

Bored Ape Yacht Club is Racist and Contains Nazi Dog Whistles

BAYC is dehumanizing art created by bad actors.

This website came across my timeline yesterday and it seemed important enough to share. While I think a few of the links being drawn are tenuous and the presentation is fairly sensationalist, I think it makes a compelling case that the people behind these NFTs are almost certainly racists deliberately trying to push some kind of weird occult symbolism. The logo comparison is the most damning thing for me, especially because it uses a completely different art style from the actual NFTs.

unknown.png

Between that, the creators being anonymous, all the weirdness around their names, and the designs of the apes themselves, I gotta say that this is really not a good look.

OP
OP
collige

collige

Oct 31, 2017
On top of all this, Rolling Stone put out yet another BYAC article yesterday interviewing the primary artist, who is turns out is actually an Asian woman who got ripped off by the BYAC creators

www.rollingstone.com

The NFT Art World Wouldn't Be the Same Without This Woman's 'Wide-Awake Hallucinations'

The Bored Ape Yacht Club lit up the internet — but its lead designer, Seneca, has been watching from the shadows.

Her experience with the Bored Ape Yacht Club "taught [her] a lot of life lessons," and she urges aspiring creators to make sure they understand NFTs and smart contracts, ask for royalties, and know the potential....Of course, "fine" is relative. While she's not able to discuss financial specifics, her compensation, she says, "was definitely not ideal."

This new article also supports the racism claims since this artist didn't make any of the racist accessories like the gold "hip hop" chain as there's also anonymous artists involved in the creation of those.
To be clear, Seneca was not the project's sole illustrator. "I am the lead artist behind the original collection," she says. The ape body itself, she adds, is "exactly line-for-line" her drawing. Other production artists — "Thomas Dagley, Migwashere, and a couple who chose to remain anonymous," according to Gargamel — handled the traits and environment. However, she points out, she did develop some of the major traits, like the grinning mouth, the popping eyes, and the beanie.

Deleted member 36578

Dec 21, 2017
Theta pretty disgusting.
I wonder how much she did get paid for that work though. Whatever is was couldn't be worth what it's become.

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
There was something pretty god damn unsettling about them. This Nazi bullshit tracks; this is the type of shit they love to do to try to get more Nazi dogwhistles in the mainstream. God, fuck these fucking apes.

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Once I learned that the word "privatization" entered the English language to describe the economic policy of the Nazis, the world started to make way more sense.

Deleted member 1849

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cryptocurrency and the alt right already go hand in hand.

Not at all surprised that would extend to NFT grifting and.... result in this.

RPGam3r

Oct 27, 2017
Grifters who knowingly dont give a shit about people as long as it makes them money not giving a shit even more about specific groups of people? You don't say.

Status
Not open for further replies.