• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SilentPanda

Nov 6, 2017
Earth
Boris Johnson was forced into self-isolation on Sunday night just as he embarked on a crucial week designed to restore calm and project an air of competence after a vicious No 10 turf war.

There were concerns that Covid-19 had returned to Downing Street as the result of a 35-minute meeting between the prime minister and a group of Tory MPs at No 10, one of whom subsequently tested positive for the virus.

Johnson was pictured standing next to Lee Anderson, MP for Ashfield in Nottinghamshire, inside Downing Street on Thursday. The men appear to be less than 2 metres apart and neither is wearing a mask.

With a decision due as early as this week on whether a Brexit deal with the EU is achievable, a Downing Street spokesperson had been forced to insist on Sunday that the prime minister would not "veer off course" after days of turmoil.

He was also planning to work on England's emergence from national lockdown restrictions in two weeks' time, after Sage (the Scientific Advisory Group for Emergencies) warned that a return to the tiered system of controls would let the virus surge again before Christmas.

www.theguardian.com

Boris Johnson forced to self-isolate again as crucial week begins

PM’s plan to try to take back control after days of chaos put in peril by news he had met MP later found to be Covid-positive

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
It almost killed him last time around. Maybe he's still immune.

If he does get it again though Trump is going to freak out.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hate this shit, man. Good people who follow the rules to a T are catching this shit because of selfish assholes and pieces of shit get to catch it twice and live. And he will, because evil always fuckin' does.

Chris.

Oct 27, 2017
Will be interesting to see if he has it again.
Never really looked like he recovered from the first time IMO

Chris.

Oct 27, 2017
It almost killed him last time around. Maybe he's still immune.

If he does get it again though Trump is going to freak out.
What do you mean almost killed him? Lol

Because he was put on oxygen etc? Not sure that equates to "almost killed him"

Although he's certainly not looked the same since

Wrexis

Nov 4, 2017
What do you mean almost killed him? Lol

Because he was put on oxygen etc? Not sure that equates to "almost killed him"

Although he's certainly not looked the same since

www.nbcnews.com

U.K.’s Boris Johnson says doctors prepared to announce his death as he fought COVID-19

Johnson said he was "in denial" and he initially brushed off the seriousness of the situation when he tested positive for the virus in late March.

He was 50/50 to be put on a ventilator and the British tabloids have been reporting he's got some medical issues ever since then.

Chris.

Oct 27, 2017
www.nbcnews.com

U.K.’s Boris Johnson says doctors prepared to announce his death as he fought COVID-19

Johnson said he was "in denial" and he initially brushed off the seriousness of the situation when he tested positive for the virus in late March.

He was 50/50 to be put on a ventilator and the British tabloids have been reporting he's got some medical issues ever since then.
To be honest not sure I buy that, sounds a bit hyperbolic , like when you go into hospital for a broken leg and say "damn I almost died" kinda thing. I get that his case was serious but I'm not getting the whole life or death thing from what was written in there. I feel like there's a big line between needing a ventilator and literally being 50/50 life or death because of covid. If being on a ventilator meant 50/50 we would see a lot more ICU/hospitalisations turning into deaths which isn't really the case.

the drs preparing for the worst case scenario is probably routine for a prime minister? Not sure on that, but it would make sense and they'd want to be ready just incase to avoid any rumours spreading etc.

One thing I will agree with though , which may add credence to the 50/50 thing, is I certainly don't think he's been the same since. I was actually talking about it recently, I think once covid and Brexit is done I reckon he will step down due to health issues, and then he can focus on his newborn.

Status
Not open for further replies.