• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Leona Lewis

Oct 25, 2017
The latest NPD numbers showed an interesting result.

ba68d0b91c.png

Even with Digital not taken into account, the 2017 action-adventure Zelda game originally set for release in 2015 sold better than 2020's own highly anticipated narrative-driven sequel to the game that sold nearly 20 million copies as a new IP.

Is the market not right for a game of such emotional magnitude? Will the multiplayer make a difference, or is that just fucking a chicken?

Or, three years on, is Zelda still an icon, a legend, and the moment?

I await your insight.

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
I mean, one is clearly a game all ages can play.

It's also an open world sandbox. Those games have amongst the biggest legs in the SP genre.

And the Switch is also selling like bonkers. What game would a new Switch owner get?

PS9

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Lots of people buying a Switch for Animal Crossing during lockdown to relax and escape from Covid reality and want a new relaxing game.

On the other hand, Last of Us is a dark story about a pandemic, so...

Oct 25, 2017
México
Breath of the Wild is just a better game and people wants to play it more than The Last of Us 2?

The simplest answer is usually the correct one. No need to overthink it.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
One is an all ages timeless classic meant for amyone to jump in and have joy, the other is a dour game aimed towards an older, more limited demo and leans heavily on having played the first

Jalen

Dec 18, 2017
Cause Switches are still selling like hotcakes and people are probably picking up the best games for it when they purchase one.

thatjesushair

Mar 21, 2019
Switch sales have gone up thanks to increased production and BotW has a pretty high attach rate.

Additionally, anyone who is interested in playing TLOU2 has already purchased it.

ArmGunar

PlayStatistician
Oct 30, 2017
Nintendo games are evergreen titles for those who buy a Switch
Switch beats all records and sold 480k+ in Aug

That's why

Mashy

Oct 28, 2017
Zelda can be for everyone, cant say the same for TLOU2.

Both are great games lol.

Gitaroo

Nov 3, 2017
People that pick up a switch look at the highest rated game then but the highest rated game when you see Nintendo has such amazing lineup of new games in 2020.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
TLOU2 is my GOTY, but not my GOTG. Breath of the Wild is just on a completely different level as far as reach and audience go.

Obsonet

Nov 26, 2019
Because the Switch is selling very well and people want to try the game that everyone raves about on it
Plus TLOU isn't for everyone considering how violent it is

Green

Oct 27, 2017
One is Part 2 of a last gen game for big kids. The other is the best title in a family franchise that's been around for almost 40 years.

Kraid

Oct 25, 2017
Cuck Zone
I presume that a lot of people, like me, have no interest in playing a relentlessly dark game given the uh *gestures* state of things.

Uzupedro

Banned
May 16, 2020
Rio de Janeiro
It is a much bigger IP lol
''Why is (Edited out the ''Paper'', don't know how much it sold)Mario selling more than Ghost of Tsushima?''
And this is a ''X>Y'' takes not-so-stealth thread.

Bandage

Oct 25, 2017
The Internet
Cause it's a much better game?
Because people want to play Breath of the Wild and not The Last of Us 2.
Breath of the Wild is just a better game and people wants to play it more than The Last of Us 2?

The simplest answer is usually the correct one. No need to overthink it.
One is an all ages classic, the other is aimed towards an older, more limited demo and leans heavily on having played the first
Yuuuuup.
BotW is probably the game of the decade/generation/all time.
TLoU2 is simply a good game.

Deleted member 31092

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
I have no doubts about TLoU2 being an incredible game, but BotW could very well be considered the best game of all time. And there are clearly a lot of gamers thinking this going by the sales.

Also Zelda's demographic is much wider.

Dogui

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
It's possible that GTA V is still selling better than both.

Some games appeal for more people than others.

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
Subjectivity and all, but saying BOTW is a better game is not a crazy statement. It's one of the highest reviewed games ever. They're also very different games.

Yeah but one isn't outselling the other because it's better lol. Thats just dumb fanboy talk. They're both great games, but one is for kids as well and one isn't.

Searsy82

May 13, 2019
  • Switch is selling like hot cakes and it remains the best game on the system
  • It is the better game
  • It is accessible to a much broader age range

Witz

Nov 6, 2017
I have a friend that just got a Switch and I'm getting her BotW for her birthday. Never underestimate the power of a Nintendo machine with a Zelda game

Status
Not open for further replies.