• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
I am being your replacement cabot today, he is a busy scotman tonight.

==== DAY 5 VOTES ====
Day Start

turmoil7 (8 votes)
ezekelrage - #3797 #4008
swamped - #3880
absolutbro - #3897
gorlak - #3948 #3952
gorlak - #4014 #4124
thechuggernaut - #4021
ezekelrage - #4024 #4133
melonrabbit - #4060
giant panda - #4115
gorlak - #4159
ezekelrage - #4187 #4191
nin - #4189
ezekelrage - #4191

nin (2 votes)
dcpat - #3785
z-beat - #3907
gorlak - #3952 #3990

melonrabbit (2 votes)
gorlak - #3990 #4014
nin - #3994 #4035
gir - #4006
ezekelrage - #4008 #4024
turmoil7 - #4011

dcpat (2 votes)
thechuggernaut - #3782 #4021
gorlak - #3857 #3948
alexem - #3878
nin - #3947 #3994
giant panda - #3977 #4115
malus - #4003
nin - #4035 #4189

thechuggernaut (0 votes)
turmoil7 - #3767 #4011

Post Counts:
gorlak: 77 ezekelrage: 70 thechuggernaut: 65 nin: 59 melonrabbit: 44 turmoil7: 28 alexem: 19 z-beat: 18 giant panda: 15 dcpat: 14 gir: 11 swamped: 11 absolutbro: 9 malus: 6 grizzly: 4 cabot: 1

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Day 5 Ends

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
The people of Portsmound were very confused.

Where has their MP, Penny Mordaunt gone?

The Cabinet is investigating. Apparently a bear was seen chasing her the last time she was seen.

turmoil7 has been eliminated!

United We Stand.

Stop talking us down.

Brexit Britain is a Global Britain.

Except you. You're not welcome. Or you. Yes, even you.

Welcome to Brexit Phase 2 Mafia!

You are Penny Morduant.

You supported leave, you were in a celebrity diving competition.

*looks at blank sheet*

Guess that's it, then. Another unforgettable Tory minister.

You are aligned with TOWN.

You are Vengeful. During the Day, you can choose a target, this target will be killed along with you in the event of your lynch.. You can choose a target at any point during the day phase, and your most recent choice will be killed. Your target choice will be reset if a new Day phase begins and you haven't been lynched.

The game thread is: HERE

If you have any questions, please feel free to PM cabot.

You win when you eliminate all threats to Town

When you have read this Role PM, please reply to it to confirm acknowledgement.

Apparently Penny Mordaunt, while being chased by a bear, was chasing Ruth Davidson.

Maybe they were going to have a tea time? Who knows.

Ruth Davidson doesn't even like tea! She is a scott, she likes whisky!

The Chuggernaut has been eliminated!

United We Stand.

Stop talking us down.

You are Ruth Davidson.

You are a woman who gets shouty when independence comes up. You used this to your advantage in the 2017 election and won some more seats up in Scotland. You're pretty forgettable otherwise.

You are a Sleepwalker. Every Night, you will visit a random player.

Night 5 Begins

0oyle9idoc

Day 6 Starts
OP
OP
cabot

cabot

Oct 25, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
His body swayed in the wind,

dangling from the noose.

On a Conservative branded bib, scrawled in baby's handwriting...

"I had enough of experts."

Giant Panda has been eliminated!

United We Stand.

Stop talking us down.

You are Michael Gove.

landscape-1467464462-gove.png

'Nuff said.

You are an Ordinary Town. You have no powers other than voting.

11 players remain.

DAY 6 BEGINS

Day 6 Ends:
xnwvvt4vzh

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
So..how about that revenge kill.

I gotta say, the way chugs went about the reveal felt natural so I believed him.

*shrug*

malus

Oct 30, 2017
vote: nin

Either your scum-o-meter is way out of whack or you're scum. Either way it wouldn't be a loss for town.

Also I absolutely hate the interaction between EzekelRAGE and nin at day end. This feels way too enthusiastic for what turned out to be a town lynch.

Oct 27, 2017
absolutbro nin EzekelRAGE Gorlak Alexem melonrabbit gir Swamped malus DCPat Z-Beat

We've got 11 players left. I can identify 3 townies by behaviour/votes/being myself. That leaves 8 more or less suspicious people. Probably 2 scum. I still count 4 lynches before game over.

Can town please work together and put some energy into this? We had a great start, so don't let us fuck this up. We need to find scum and clear town. If anyone is able to find good evidence for someone being town, that would be greatly appreciated.
If you want to lynch someone, please explain the reasons and come up with a case. We have 5 days of the game to build on, so show me why someone is scum.

melonrabbit

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nowhere
absolutbro nin EzekelRAGE Gorlak Alexem melonrabbit gir Swamped malus DCPat Z-Beat

We've got 11 players left. I can identify 3 townies by behaviour/votes/being myself. That leaves 8 more or less suspicious people. Probably 2 scum. I still count 4 lynches before game over.

Can town please work together and put some energy into this? We had a great start, so don't let us fuck this up. We need to find scum and clear town. If anyone is able to find good evidence for someone being town, that would be greatly appreciated.
If you want to lynch someone, please explain the reasons and come up with a case. We have 5 days of the game to build on, so show me why someone is scum.

I think the low energy is more due the the fact the forum is buggy as hell. Your tagging for instance isn't showing up in my notifications.

Oct 27, 2017
So you are verifying Zeke's story?
I'm saying I got invited, my chat partner got invited and we both deny responsibility. We both survived the night. We have no clue who set this up, who else might have been able to listen or anything else. That's about it.

Can you please give me a case on Zeke in a few sentences? Was it solely the Fanto reads? What behaviour do you find especially scummy?

malus

Oct 30, 2017
I'm saying I got invited, my chat partner got invited and we both deny responsibility. We both survived the night. We have no clue who set this up, who else might have been able to listen or anything else. That's about it.
Will be interesting when the partner chimes in. I'm still assuming we are at 2 scum left, so if both of you aren't the initiators at least one involved (participants or initiator) is not scum.

melonrabbit

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nowhere

Can you please give me a case on Zeke in a few sentences? Was it solely the Fanto reads? What behaviour do you find especially scummy?

Okay. I guess my first question is why this much of a gap between a n1 chat and now?

Zeke is scum. His behavior throughout the game has been more noise than solving and direct questions or concerns are met with a shrug or gif. He gets oddly defensive about this when called out but it's true. I still don't like the Fanto reads and I do think it was a ploy to be seen as more towny. He and Soph both disappearing after creating a frenzy around Kalor is not a good look. He doesn't seem to care much that we're down or maybe hammering Turmoil was the wrong call. He's very unconcerned and that's not a mood I'm about.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
vote: nin

Either your scum-o-meter is way out of whack or you're scum. Either way it wouldn't be a loss for town.

Also I absolutely hate the interaction between EzekelRAGE and nin at day end. This feels way too enthusiastic for what turned out to be a town lynch.
Thoughts on melon?

Gorlak cool, chat partner was who? How does this chat make you view me any differently? (It shouldn't really)

I'm going melon today. Either I'm wrong or right. I think I'm right and see no other strong cases for anyone else.

Power role fishing, vote history, deflective or outright ignoring things when accused.

melonrabbit

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nowhere
Thoughts on melon?

Gorlak cool, chat partner was who? How does this chat make you view me any differently? (It shouldn't really)

I'm going melon today. Either I'm wrong or right. I think I'm right and see no other strong cases for anyone else.

Power role fishing, vote history, deflective or outright ignoring things when accused.

tiyJ1Yx.gif

So whose my partner-in-crime, if I'm scum?

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Will be interesting when the partner chimes in. I'm still assuming we are at 2 scum left, so if both of you aren't the initiators at least one involved (participants or initiator) is not scum.
I wouldn't try to judge anything about the alignment. I also don't understand why he is being coy with who was involved in the chat.

Okay. I guess my first question is why this much of a gap between a n1 chat and now?

Zeke is scum. His behavior throughout the game has been more noise than solving and direct questions or concerns are met with a shrug or gif. He gets oddly defensive about this when called out but it's true. I still don't like the Fanto reads and I do think it was a ploy to be seen as more towny. He and Soph both disappearing after creating a frenzy around Kalor is not a good look. He doesn't seem to care much that we're down or maybe hammering Turmoil was the wrong call. He's very unconcerned and that's not a mood I'm about.
This is very weak, especially shrug/gif angle. You have been apart of The gif usage and you initiated the last one gif spam between us two. Why would I be concerned about turmoil? You were on the vote as well and don't seem concerned.

All this reads as surface level things from you. That last bit about turmoil/concern just reads as something you threw in there since you knew your case is weak.

You've been scumreading me since day 3 and that's all you have?

melonrabbit

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nowhere

melonrabbit

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nowhere
I wouldn't try to judge anything about the alignment. I also don't understand why he is being coy with who was involved in the chat.

This is very weak, especially shrug/gif angle. You have been apart of The gif usage and you initiated the last one gif spam between us two. Why would I be concerned about turmoil? You were on the vote as well and don't seem concerned.

All this reads as surface level things from you. That last bit about turmoil/concern just reads as something you threw in there since you knew your case is weak.

You've been scumreading me since day 3 and that's all you have?

Yup. Exactly.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Is this not you?

Really you can't see a single case for any other player? What happened to this:

QUOTE="EzekelRAGE, post: 15537514, member: 30470"]Turmoil- dc/beat-the other one

Win game?

So DCPat and Z-Beat are cleared for you?[/QUOTE]
Focus on your case for me or defending yourself.

Did you miss the "strong" part in my post? Dc was how chug wanted to go, so I didn't mind since I townread chugs.

Zbeat was possible slip.

Both those depended on turmoil being scum.

melonrabbit

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nowhere
So DCPat and Z-Beat are cleared for you?
Focus on your case for me or defending yourself.

Did you miss the "strong" part in my post? Dc was how chug wanted to go, so I didn't mind since I townread chugs.

Zbeat was possible slip.

Both those depended on turmoil being scum.[/QUOTE]

I am focused. I'm confirming you have nothing beyond this tunnel. So, could you actually answer the question please. Do you feel okay about them? Indifference? Or does none of this talk interest you because Turmoil wasn't scum and now you can flip back to me?

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
You think I've been PR fishing and have a questionable vote history?

Why didn't you bring that up in the post you just made that had your "case" on me. This just reads as you being deflective and scrambling.

Um, that wasn't my only post to you. And I noticed you don't seem to have an answer. You seems to have no plan for when this goes wrong for you. Once again.
Why do I need to answer who your partner is?

melonrabbit

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nowhere

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Also she is trying to say hammering turmoil was the wrong call? 😂 🤣

The vote went to end of day basically.

Her case is so weak.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
I think more than 5 scum plus a neutral would be too much for a 21 player game. If 2 scum remain and 3 people are involved in something one of them is by pigeon hole principle not scum. I'm not claiming who among them is the town player.

I also don't see a reason why not to share the chat partner. At first I thought it was to let the partner claim on their own to remove any ambiguity but it really doesn't matter who claims first as long as both parties confirm each other.

melonrabbit

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nowhere
Also she is trying to say hammering turmoil was the wrong call? 😂 🤣

The vote went to end of day basically.

Her case is so weak.

I don't see how continuously not answering questions and choosing to be dense helps town but okay I guess that's the only game you know how to play.

This back and forth isn't helpful with you unwilling to actually discuss. And again, just noise from you.

melonrabbit

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Nowhere
I think more than 5 scum plus a neutral would be too much for a 21 player game. If 2 scum remain and 3 people are involved in something one of them is by pigeon hole principle not scum. I'm not claiming who among them is the town player.

I also don't see a reason why not to share the chat partner. At first I thought it was to let the partner claim on their own to remove any ambiguity but it really doesn't matter who claims first as long as both parties confirm each other.

I don't see how being in the chat clears someone.

If it is a scum power could scum not just choose a scummate?

Also, I'm more concerned about the timing of this chat. We've gone days with no sign of another chat and now this claim. Why now?

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
1. Do you know the definition of deflective and scrambling? Because you seems not want to provide anything beyond me and this tunnel.

2. And yes. Your hammering everyone is sus. And you handling of Kalor equally so. I brought both these points up.
1. You are the definition of scrambling and deflectiveness. I've been providing reads and things besides your tunnel for the last few dayphases. Which is why your summary of my posts being "shrugs" is weak. Maybe you catching up due to your "time zone" issue caused you to skim those?

2. How is the hammering suspect? Post an example of me fishing for a PR. Anything I suspect you of I can go back and quote to back it up. You were way scummy in the kalor eod than me. When he claimed you wanted to hammer(iirc) and thought he was scum.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
I don't see how continuously not answering questions and choosing to be dense helps town but okay I guess that's the only game you know how to play.

This back and forth isn't helpful with you unwilling to actually discuss. And again, just noise from you.
You've been the one being dense and not answering questions. Ive been discussing things this whole game. I've had legit back and forths with various ppl trying to scumhunt.

I've been trying to get you to answer me about scumreading you for 3-4 day phases.

Your responses have been str8 ignoring me, bringing up a game that has nothing to do with this one, or only willing to gif spam.

At least I'm giving you more legit responses than you've ever bothered to give me this entire game.

Alexem

Oct 27, 2017
Essex, UK
Morning, everyone - not feeling so hot today, so I'm having a rest day. (Top tip - never get kidney stones. They really are as bad as everyone says.)

Here are the observations that I noted down at the end of D5:
  • Nin is the only player at this point to have never voted for a player that has flipped as scum thus far.
  • Melon is not far behind, having only voted for Faddy on D3. All of her other votes have been on players that were either town or are as yet unconfirmed.
  • Absolutbro is much the same, except a significant number of his votes have been for players that have now been green-checked.
  • If Nin is scum, did DCPat or Z-Beat vote for him with the expectation that his train would not take off?
From this, I would now consolidate my potential scum pool to Nin, Melon, Absolutbro, DCPat and Z-Beat.

Oct 27, 2017
melonrabbit malus Last night there was a night chat. That means Zeke was probably not lying about N1 chat. My discussion partner hasn't chimed in yet, that person will reveal themself. We don't know who caused it, who can read it, which alignment the participants have, or what goal behind these chats is.