• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Alexem

Oct 27, 2017
Essex, UK
I find it interesting that there was a four night gap between chats being given. Not sure if there's anything to actually read from it, but it does surprise me a little that it's taken this long for there to be another one.

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
I find it interesting that there was a four night gap between chats being given. Not sure if there's anything to actually read from it, but it does surprise me a little that it's taken this long for there to be another one.
Probably either afraid of being tracked or trying to use it to throw suspicion on Zeke.

Swamped

Oct 25, 2017

Fair enough, although your Faddy read smells scummy to me lol. It's so 'both sides'. It looks like your read on Melon went from null to scum between D3 and D4. I've asked you for an explanation before and you gave me one. I'll go back to that to double check.

Probably either afraid of being tracked or trying to use it to throw suspicion on Zeke.

So, do you think the chat is a town or scum power? How does this make you feel about Zeke?

absolutbro

Oct 25, 2017
So, do you think the chat is a town or scum power? How does this make you feel about Zeke?

I think it's almost certainly a scum power. I would gave to double check day 2, but I don't remember any claims or anything that would make a town player stop using their power for multiple days. If anything I would think the opposite. IIRC D2 we got the scum ninja? That should hint a town player into a town motion detector existing and the more players come forward with chats the likelier it gets seen as a town power.

Not town mention the whole "not speaking in their own night chat" part, which doesn't seem town at all.

I'm leaning town on Zeke, but only just. The weird hammer obsession (to the point of unvoting) is probably just for fun, but the constant shade at every side of a decision still rubs me the wrong way. I'm not talking about seeing both sides, I mean just constantly saying someone is wrong for a decision while someone else is wrong for the OTHER side of that decision. See: voting/pushing kalor. Scum is you do, scum if you don't type of thing. Makes it easy to CYA when something goes wrong.

Also holy shit does mobile ERA fuck up anyone else's autocorrect hardcore?

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Fair enough, although your Faddy read smells scummy to me lol. It's so 'both sides'. It looks like your read on Melon went from null to scum between D3 and D4. I've asked you for an explanation before and you gave me one. I'll go back to that to double check.

Thats the thing about alex. He says I scumread him due to Melon, when I scumread him before I even had a good read on melon.
Scumread on melon was a result of the cs gambit thing. PR fishin at first.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
Has there been any significant downtime during this phase?

I don't remember any.
There were some hiccups at the day start but I don't think anything major.

Forgot to post the claim list yesterday so here you go:

This is the Claim List.
All Confirmed roles are listed first, split between Town and Scum.
Then among the people still alive, the list is split between who has claimed and who has not.
Claims not about their own role are listed in the miscellaneous section.
All claims are in chronological order to the best of my ability.
There is a link to the post with either their Role PM if they are dead, or their claim if they are still alive.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Confirmed Town Due To Death:
Fantomas - Ordinary - Died N1
Kalor - Backfire Override - Died D2
Stuart444 - Ordinary - Died N4
turmoil7 - Vengeful - Died D5
TheChuggernaut - Sleepwalker - Died D5
Giant Panda - Ordinary - Died N5

Confirmed Neutral Due To Death:
Grizzly - Mentor - Died N2

Confirmed Scum Due To Death:
ExtremeTactician - Goon - Died D1
Faddy - 1-shot Ninja - Died D3
Lone_Prodigy (Sophia) - Roleblocker - Died D4

Still Living And Role Claimed:
Nin - Ordinary - Claimed D1
CoolestSpot - Bomber Ordinary - Claimed D1, unclaimed D1, claimed again D1

No Role Claims:
absolutbro
EzekelRAGE
Gorlak
Alexem
melonrabbit
gir
malus (B-Dubs)
DCPat
Z-Beat

Miscellaneous Claims:
EzekelRAGE - Was invited to a night chat with Fantomas by a 3rd party - Claimed D2
CoolestSpot - Received Note that EzekelRAGE visited TheCuggernaut N2 - Claimed D3, fake D3
Gorlak - Was invited to a night chat with Swamped by a 3d party - Claimed D6
Swamped(CoolestSpot) - Was invited to a night chat with Gorlak by a 3d party - Claimed D6

Alexem

Oct 27, 2017
Essex, UK
It's been pretty quiet lately, hasn't it? Anyone for a round of Protect/Investigate/Kill choices? For myself:
  • Protect - gir. Good record of voting, seems unlikely to be bussing with that many scum votes in a row.
  • Investigate - DCPat. I'm still concerned over D4's votes and still hold the suspicion that one out of him and Turmoil may have been scum. Also received votes from six different players yesterday (even if only two stuck), two of which are confirmed town (Chuggernaut and GP.)
  • Kill - nin. Erratic (perhaps evasive?) voting pattern thorughout the game, flipping could shed more light into interactions with DCPat, AB, Z-Beat and Melon.
Any other takers?

Oct 27, 2017
Yesterday I was sleep deprived and didn't have much energy. I took a look at DCPat and probably have missed some things. I still can't get a useful read on DCPat. He's been around, giving his views, being consistent. He questioned Alex D1 and was wary of him all game, what do you think now DCPat?
Indecisive EoD1, votes ET because he can't see scum!coolest doing this. Faddy comments with opposition. He was firmly on GP not being scum, that surprised me and I don't know where he got that from.

Stu highlighted this:
Lol I actually forgot this question, because I went on to respond to Turmoil. So actually not the best opportunity. Sorry.
Upon yesterday I didn't really see the Faddy I know (which is town Faddy). People have mentioned this and Faddy was a bit annoyed by that. Last days I've recognized him a bit more. He created his little town core and went into it with you. Faddy does this. I like his vote on ET D1. It's a pretty strong vote either which he didn't move. I remember somebody (maybe it was even you?) saying that Faddy's vote and my vote on ET were the easiest vote so we shouldnt get to much, if any, towncred for it. I'm not going to judge for myself, but I think Faddy deserves some credit there.
You have your vote on Faddy. What do you think?
Faddy was supiscious, but isn't now. He deserves town credit. It looks like a glaring Red flag.

This here is Stu's case D3. It basically only refers to the quote above and says that deserves a look + the late vote on ET.
So my main things are your vote on D1 combined with you bringing it up and saying Faddy should get some town credit for it.
It looks suspect. I've still said you're just a possible scum though, but if Faddy flips scum, it means town should do a deeper look into you.

Here DCPat describes how D3 must have been scum vs. town, and I'm not sure I can follow. Because 2 town and at last Faddy voted Alex it was impossible for other scum to join that wagon. So Alex is town because Faddy stifled the wagon?

Oct 27, 2017
One of the most puzzling things is the following: EoD3
Z-Beat had the weird comment "slip". I build up pressure, because I thought that was scum making a mistake. Stu defends Z-Beat and I drop the matter at 10:35. Stu tries to pull Z-Beat into the game and get him to vote LP. Z-Beat misspells Lone_Prodigy, multiple people correct him:
Don't forget the underscore.
you forgot the underscore L_P

And yet DCPat comes in with this:

Oct 27, 2017
I had the slight feeling that DCPat tries to please me to be on my good side. He's been townreading me from the start, looked into Donna when I found her suspicious and made that comment above when I was just shortly before suspicious of Z-Beat.

Oct 27, 2017
I also find it interesting how we've not heard much from DCPat today. Just saying.
Stu mentions how quiet DC was during D3 (thanks for doing that 3 times).

20 minutes before EoD he comes in with this:
Yea I will. I was debating if I wanted to try a late push for nin after he voted Turmoil. I liked the idea of a viable second option, but I don't like it to be Turmoil with Nin and AB on the lynch together with my townread Gorlak and confirmed Panda. It seems a shady wagon I don't want to be a part of. Makes me feel better about Turmoil and not so good about Nin. But I will keep looking and probably vote LP.

If people think there is enough for a nin lynch I'd be happy. But I guess not.
Alternatives for Faddy.

And the following:
I'll be here refreshing the page. No need to worry about me.
Just meant to say I'm here now and won't look away anymore.
which was pretty self-conscious, trying to ease doubt on him

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Protect - ezekel, I have been town reading him for the last couple of days.

Investigate - Gorlak. He might be in bed with ezekel

Kill - malus not sure where he is at

Oct 27, 2017
Oct 27, 2017
And as expected I fail to make up my mind about DCPat. I see someone playing the game not being overly involved.
The "faddy deserves town cred" is alarming. EoD 4 weird. I'll go look what Chugger posted.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Everytime nin... everytime.

Okay okay.

I said early in the game that I did not like melons ballsy attitude. I though and Stil lthink that she might be hiding something. Her gif game has been rather annoying but that's another thing that made me vote for her the last couple of day phases.
You are correct about the wind thing. Not sure where to go atm but I am still hopeful.

To be fair even though I was wrong so many times with my votes I still did not get as much heat as I expected. Prior games were a lot more heated.

malus

Oct 30, 2017
Putting a vote down for now, still want a sophia/malus flip. Nothing malus has done has changed my mind.

Vote: malus
I want' to get back to this quote from Day 3 because we now know that sophia was scum. Gir mixes up me and L_P as the replacement for sophia, which pretty much confirms Gir as town for me now since scum should probably know who replaces their team mates. Unless it was on purpose but I don't think it was.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Has there been any significant downtime during this phase?

I don't remember any.
I know it was a to up on mobile for a bit. Thought maybe that was reason game was going slow. I'm probably wrong.
Protect - ezekel, I have been town reading him for the last couple of days.

Investigate - Gorlak. He might be in bed with ezekel

Kill - malus not sure where he is at
In bed with me?

DCPat

Oct 28, 2017
Yesterday I was sleep deprived and didn't have much energy. I took a look at DCPat and probably have missed some things. I still can't get a useful read on DCPat. He's been around, giving his views, being consistent. He questioned Alex D1 and was wary of him all game, what do you think now DCPat?
Indecisive EoD1, votes ET because he can't see scum!coolest doing this. Faddy comments with opposition. He was firmly on GP not being scum, that surprised me and I don't know where he got that from.

Stu highlighted this:

Faddy was supiscious, but isn't now. He deserves town credit. It looks like a glaring Red flag.

This here is Stu's case D3. It basically only refers to the quote above and says that deserves a look + the late vote on ET.

Here DCPat describes how D3 must have been scum vs. town, and I'm not sure I can follow. Because 2 town and at last Faddy voted Alex it was impossible for other scum to join that wagon. So Alex is town because Faddy stifled the wagon?

About Alexem, I still dislike the start of the game. There are a few comments, but all in all they don't mean anything, because he doesn't take a stance about things. I've called out his call-out of Donna and Kalor being inactive. But the latter days he's been more active, not afraid to take a stance on things and also has a pretty good voting record. I lean town on Alexem. Yeah, I think EOD was Town vs Scum.

About that quote about Faddy; I still agree with myself there. What was exactly wrong with Faddy's ET vote?

melonrabbit ??? pls respond

Anyway time to actually make a real read. I think Extreme Tactician is my top scum read right now. He was very fluffy in his interactions with me and asking nothing questions to look like he was engaged. I've seen a few other people scum reading him but no one else putting a vote down. Stuart seems particularly interested in giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Vote: Extreme Tactician

On top of nin, I like Fantomas as town (again).

I know it's early and all, but he basically put ET up there. He basically invites people to join him on an ET vote. What are the odds ET became a lynch target without that. I don't know, but lower at least.

DCPat

Oct 28, 2017
One of the most puzzling things is the following: EoD3
Z-Beat had the weird comment "slip". I build up pressure, because I thought that was scum making a mistake. Stu defends Z-Beat and I drop the matter at 10:35. Stu tries to pull Z-Beat into the game and get him to vote LP. Z-Beat misspells Lone_Prodigy, multiple people correct him:

And yet DCPat comes in with this:

This is nonsense. I'm not going to defend myself for this.

DCPat

Oct 28, 2017
Why did you accuse him of trying to put out a SNEAKY FAKE VOTE?

Because I thought he was scum who would get an extra night kill when he ended the day without a vote.

No it was a joke. Off course I knew it was just a mistake. C'mon.
Now I have defended myself over this and feel like a clown. I also thought you were joking when you called it out at the time.

DCPat

Oct 28, 2017
It was scum bussing scum? Faddy was around, trying to get everyone to vote CS? You didn't notice the incoherency in his behaviour/vote and wanted to paint him as town for his vote only. The reasoning for his vote was weak.

"wanted to pain him as town for his vote only" is just wrong. Yea, it was scum bussing scum, but I didn't see it that way. So you disagree he not only bussed, but also invited others to vote ET?

"I've seen a few other people scum reading him but no one else putting a vote down." This was at least the reason Fantomas voted ET.

Oct 27, 2017
"wanted to pain him as town for his vote only" is just wrong. Yea, it was scum bussing scum, but I didn't see it that way. So you disagree he not only bussed, but also invited others to vote ET?

"I've seen a few other people scum reading him but no one else putting a vote down." This was at least the reason Fantomas voted ET.
Yes, he voted there and wanted to look super townie by calling for more votes. But he also goes around and screams at everyone vote CS. To call it a strong vote is bullshit. Again, you tried to give him towncred for incoherent behaviour. He even directly tried to persuade you off of ET. That's why giving him towncred in that situation seems weird.

Oct 27, 2017
Call it how it is:

gir is afk by now
swamped plays the "I just subbed in, pls continue to townread me" - role
zeke comments on everything, and sucks the joy out of the game
nin is writing whatever comes to his mind
dcpat is happy chugger and stu are dead
alexem is cautious
malus likes handing out summaries more than actually contributing
melon coasts & tunnels
z-beat is here
ab is not here

Oct 27, 2017
whoever the 8 townies above are, I need your help... I try to look into stuff, I try to find you, but it's hard and tiresome. please help me. please

Oct 27, 2017
I present you my towncore:
Gorlak, Swamped, gir, (Zeke? who the f knows with that note pr fishing shizzle)
[if members of towncore are alive in endgame, forget towncore, everyone could be scum]

maybe townies:
alexem, z-beat
[get a pass for today]

the rest:
nin, melon, malus, ab, dcpat
[valid lynch candidates]

dcpat is pending on chugger's case and other input
nin would be a great lynch just to have him out of here
melon is giving me scummy vibes since forever this game, I've been going back and forth, want to see her flip
malus the graphs and lists look like busywork, would need a reread...
ab I just don't have the energy to go after every low activity coaster...

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
If you are town can you please try to move the game forward instead of sideways?
What do you think of the 9 other players next to melon? We ALL know you want her dead. But the game doesn't end there.
Yea the game doesn't end there. So I'll be happy to continue when I see the flip, then act accordingly.

Apparently I'm commenting on too much and creating noise.

This is actually funny to me the "woe is me, I'm the only one trying to figure out the game!" Kill that noise. Reads fake. If it's not fake then post your thoughts and keep it moving.
Vote: melonrabbit
There, happy? Who else is scum? If you are so determined on melon? Who is in your town list?
Don't know, can see how the melon flip goes.

Better question is why am I in your "town core"? You just said last day phase that you lied about townreading since day 2. That I've been scummier and scummier everyday. But I'm in your town core?