• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bear

Oct 25, 2017
Saw this blowing up on Twitter and needed to share. Read the subsequent comments because they are gold.

Long and short of it is that a bride and groom canceled their wedding after receiving $30k in "donations" then bragged about using it for a pre-wedding honeymoon and "regaining financial stability". Incredible how fucked up some people are.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I saw this last night. The audacity of that couple is just absurd. The family members are absolutely right to shit on them for the stunt they tried to pull.

Burt

Fight Sephiroth or end video games
Oct 28, 2017
YRwNG18.gif

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Yep, I saw this titter thread earlier, hopefully they get sued by their family. They even go on to say the people wanting their money back are blinded by greed...when the family members were the ones who gave the bride the money for very little in return.

Oct 25, 2017
So I guess the question is what are the odds they saw a romantic comedy where people fake getting married to make money in a Producers-style scheme, and decided to do it for real?

Amazing how the bride to be (and presumably the groom) did not think about how this would obviously blow up in their faces. The shock in their FB comments is amazing.

Border

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't be more fair to say they rescheduled the wedding?

The headline makes it sound like they aren't even going to get married, but that is still the plan.

Icarus

Oct 26, 2017
Raised $30,000 for the wedding fund yet complain about it being expensive....this does not compute. The guests have every right to be pissed, I know I would be.

NinjaScooter

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure why you'd donate money to someone for a wedding anyway. The entire thing seems dumb from end to end, as does that particular twitter users fascination with the whole thing.

the way these fairly inncocuous or unremarkable stories go viral (or are pushed in attempts to make them go viral) is strange. The whole thing is starting to feel like a set up.

Emergency & I

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wife and I are just finishing paying off a $40k wedding that we saved for for a year. This makes me mad.

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Wouldn't be more fair to say they rescheduled the wedding?

The headline makes it sound like they aren't even going to get married, but that is still the plan.
They're using the money on a Honeymoon and are re-opening their funding for their rescheduled wedding. AKA, the money is being spent on the honeymoon and she wants more for the rescheduled wedding.

Prophet Five

Pundeath Knight
Nov 11, 2017
The Great Dark Beyond
Trashy.

We got married in 2018 and got exactly zero gifts. We asked for nothing because it felt wrong to "obligate" people who could possibly not afford the extra expense. I'm not saying it's the way everyone should do it but, guess what, it didn't lessen the experience for either of us.

Tfritz

Oct 25, 2017
The wedding industry is already a scam, snaps to them for elevating the grift

Oct 29, 2017
I love the ending

"Dont be sad!...."

bitch, nobody wants to go to your fukin wedding.

EDIT: this is faker than fake.

Slappy White

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure why you'd donate money to someone for a wedding anyway. The entire thing seems dumb from end to end, as does that particular twitter users fascination with the whole thing.

the way these fairly inncocuous or unremarkable stories go viral (or are pushed in attempts to make them go viral) is strange. The whole thing is starting to feel like a set up.
That's exactly how I feel when I read things like this. They never seem real. Just created for the story of it.

moblin

Oct 25, 2017
Москва
comments sorta expose the saga for what it is imo

even if real idg what the issue is, she's taking Live Laugh Love seriously, fuck the haters

Oct 27, 2017
It would still be shitty of them even if they were using the money to help themselves out (if they were financially in bad footing), but at least it would be understandable. But to use it on a trip...

Oct 27, 2017
That's exactly how I feel when I read things like this. They never seem real. Just created for the story of it.

I kind of get it. Where I live (Canada) cash is probably the most common gift at a wedding now, and is usually asked for in place of physical items (excluding small registries). So I could see how someone might just ask for it in advance to pay for the wedding, rather than afterward to recoup costs. The standard cash gift here seems to be between $50-$100 for a person/couple, depending on the size of the wedding, etc.

pizoxuat

Jan 12, 2018
"You can contact my financé," is both completely hilarious and a massive tell that this is completely fake.

Status
Not open for further replies.