• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

boi

Nov 1, 2017
Tweet speaks for itself. The actual reveal will likely be a bit earlier than the below mentioned times.

mod edit- tweet removed

(I am affiliated with this outlet)

Last edited by a moderator:

Jalen

Dec 18, 2017
I can't support Activision right now.

With that being said, I would've been checked out of Call of Duty until Infinity Ward's next game anyways.

Dimple

Jan 10, 2018
343 waiting to see if they give a release date

245.gif

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I stopped caring about COD even before the Activison/Blizzard scandal, but unless CharlieIntel tweets this, I won't believe it.

m4st4

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Finally!

I just want this out of the fucking way so 343 can announce the Halo date during Gamescom on 24th!

Jroc

Banned
Jun 9, 2018
After binge-watching the Time Ghost WW2 series I'm thirsty for a next-gen WW2 experience.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Yay, another COD to make Kotick more rich and reward Activision Blizzard for abusing people.

tomofthepops

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if they are gonna make gimped versions for last gen, what was the situation via that last year ?

zoltek

Oct 25, 2017
I can't keep track of these things anymore.

Which dev is it? Sledgehammer?

And what did they do last? Advanced Warfare? Infinite Warfare?

And will this have a single player campaign?

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
All the heinous stuff going on at Acti-Blizz aside, I just don't have it in me to care about another WWII CoD. Especially with Halo and Battlefield this year.

Agni Kai

Nov 2, 2017
I was 100% sure this game already existed, but the one I played was Medal of Honor: Vanguard.

Vertpin

Oct 27, 2017
Supposedly this game is running on the MW19 engine. I'd be excited to see this...but WW2, again????? Ugh.

Duffking

Oct 27, 2017
I swear everyone was tired of modern/near future settings and welcomed the change to past settings, then like 2-3 games come out in that setting and now everyone is sick of it again?

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
Supposedly this game is running on the MW19 engine. I'd be excited to see this...but WW2, again????? Ugh.

I've been holding up the banner of a World War I COD for years after Battlefield 1 was so good, but I'm not sure It'd work for COD's more balls-to-the-wall action gameplay.

I swear everyone was tired of modern/near future settings and welcomed the change to past settings, then like 2-3 games come out in that setting and now everyone is sick of it again?

I think it's more that they don't want to do anything earlier that WWII. WWI is right there as a perfectly valid option. Or they could go really crazy and do Civil War or the Revolution. I know that the style of combat in those conflicts is far different than the typical COD gameplay, but I argue they could slap the COD name on a bag of shit and it'd still sell 5 million first day, so why not experiment a little?

That1GoodHunter

My ass legally belongs to Ted Price
Oct 17, 2019
Yay for Halo finally being able to reveal their launch date

Fuck Activision-Blizzard

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
That's quick to judge. We've never been wrong. You can look at our Tweet history yourself.
No offense but that means nothing on Twitter. People often throw a bunch of guesses out and then delete the wrong ones.

Also, this thread should be noted as a rumor at least, there's nothing about the title that signifies this being an "insider leak" rather than an official announcement.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
In an ideal world, Infinity Ward would put out a modern warfare (lowercase intentional) game every three years, Treyarch would put out a futuristic game (under the Black Ops name) every three years, and Sledgehammer would put out a historical warfare (like WW2, Korean War, etc) every three years.

Jun 17, 2018
Activision can fuck off. I'm not buying into their games anymore. When they can remove Bobby Kottick and all the other shit from senior leadership, I'll consider buying their games again.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
That's because those games are just modern games with a WW2 skin on top of it. You know how WW2 movies and series often depict soldiers with the M1 Garand and other weapons which by today standards are shit? That's what a lot of people asking for WW2 games want, but instead we just get another pile of high fire rate Assault Rifles and Submachine Guns with 30+ bullets per magazine, as well as all types of vehicles which didn't exist during WW2 but they just throw in there because they feel the need to have them. When you look at Call of Duty games such as WWII, Black Ops Cold War and Modern Warfare the setting themselves don't actually impact gameplay, they're just a skin.

Duxxy3

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I was guessing sometime before gamescom, so this works out.

I'm pretty sure this game will be dogshit. With all of the stuff going on with Sledgehammer and the world in general the past year+, it would be remarkable if it were anything other than dogshit.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
In an ideal world, Infinity Ward would put out a modern warfare (lowercase intentional) game every three years, Treyarch would put out a futuristic game (under the Black Ops name) every three years, and Sledgehammer would put out a historical warfare (like WW2, Korean War, etc) every three years.

I always felt that Sledgehammer would do 40s, Treyarch would do 60/70s (with some modern stuff), and Infinity Ward would do Modern/Futuristic stuff. But I really want to see some experimentation, maybe a smaller team from Beenox or Toys for Bob doing a World War I game.

Then again, none of that matters, because Fuck Activision.

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
I uninstalled Warzone a few days ago. I just can't stand the Battlepass model anymore. It feels like a job to play, sometimes.

Y'all saying it will be dogshit, prolly, but most people I know already bought Cold War as a Weapon Pass for Warzone and this will be the same.

Finaj

Oct 25, 2017
As others have already said, I'm excited to see a Halo Infinite release date xD

Demon_Ice

Alt-Account
Banned
Jan 18, 2021
Is it really going back to WWII? Yawn

Can't believe they peaked so hard with MW2019. Guess I'm just waiting for IW's next game.

Status
Not open for further replies.