• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not one to look too into things, but given everything going on in the US (and across the globe) for the Black Live Matter movement, this loading screen needs some explaining. Is there an explanation for what looks like Black Face? Now I understand why military personal would have face paint to conceal themselves. However, given the white hands and the rest of the gear not looking very concealing, this just feels off to me. Can anyone explain this maybe from a military perspective?

hRBjUlA.jpg

Also, I just want to also call our that they had Black Lives Matter messing up for a few weeks, which I thought was awesome. Especially considering some of the racist BS you'll hear on an open mic.

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Soldiers and warriors have been wearing paint on their faces for thousands of years, it just lets them blend in better. I think it's a bit of a stretch.
d77cgb5-8fee86dc-09c4-4502-a567-e4e03fb6e9a2.jpg

Though unrelated to the OP's declaration, I wonder how effective it really is.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm not one to look too into things, but given everything going on in the US (and across the globe) for the Black Live Matter movement, this loading screen needs some explaining. Is there an explanation for what looks like Black Face? Now I understand why military personal would have face paint to conceal themselves. However, given the white hands and the rest of the gear not looking very concealing, this just feels off to me. Can anyone explain this maybe from a military perspective?

hRBjUlA.jpg

Also, I just want to also call our that they had Black Lives Matter messing up for a few weeks, which I thought was awesome. Especially considering some of the racist BS you'll hear on an open mic.
Army thing
Desfile_Militar_Conmemorativo_del_CCV_Aniversario_del_Inicio_de_la_Independencia_de_México._%2821286968438%29.jpg

wossname

Dec 12, 2017
Call of Duty is full of a variety of highly questionable things, but I don't think this specific instance is one of them

Hogendaz85

Dec 6, 2017
Fucking ridiculous thread...this is the kind of shit that I don't get..like why reach so much? Maybe google 'military face paint' or something you'll have your answers and not need to start a senseless campaign on something that is clearly not promoting racism

OP
OP
MrFrankFontaine
Oct 25, 2017
it's camo, plus some of the face paint looks cool.

yeah and they also would probably wearing gloves, they just aren't on in the pic.

That's what's throwing it off for me. If it was a concealment thing, why the very white hands with no gloves.

Again, not saying it's a racist thing. Just felt off to me and that it came out right after the BLM messages.

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Everyone knows the Predator can't see you if you're in blackface

91cab46ea46aba20d8f97953be68014b.jpg

He can however see you if you're actually black. His visor just isn't calibrated for racism

AllEchse

Oct 29, 2017
That's what's throwing it off for me. If it was a concealment thing, why the very white hands with no gloves.

Again, not saying it's a racist thing. Just felt off to me and that it came out right after the BLM messages.
As others said, you don't stick you hands out of cover, only your head.
So the hands don't need to be painted.

Mr_Nothin

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Dude calm down...
This is nowhere near worth calling out "for the cause"

Personally, I thought this would be more about how stupid the headgear looks

DGxO

Oct 21, 2018
hey OP just to remind you the olympics were delayed to next year, so no need to demonstrate your tremendous reaching skills

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
I'm more surprised to learn that face camouflage is not common knowledge

it's in every army movie ever made

TheHunter

Bold Bur3n Wrangler
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Black face typically doesn't cover the lips up.

Usually black paint on the face breaks up the shadows and makes you less easy to identify as human at night or in general.

OP
OP
MrFrankFontaine
Oct 25, 2017
I searched for a thread on this a couple of days ago and didn't see anything. Just kept bothering me so I decided to get some thoughts

No one is mad. No one is pretending to be woke.

People can have conversations about this sort of thing. From what everyone is saying, nothing to see here.

yumms

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Being outraged nowadays is an addiction....that's the only way to explain the two threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.