• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 5, 2018
My Xbox one x is saying my tv setup doesn't support hdr10 gaming which upon looking into it isn't the case, I've looked up the tv manual and I'm none the wiser as to whether it's a setting issue or the hdmi2 just doesn't have the capability, was hoping someone might be able to shed some light on this for me.

Model is a LG49uj630v

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
Worth mentioning some TVs support advanced features only on some inputs not all. Yours might be one of those, but without a model, none of us know.

Haint

Banned
Oct 14, 2018
Might have to flag that HDMI port as supporting HDR or WCG in the TVs menu. Many default to legacy setting for compatibility with old devices. Some older TVs did only support HDR on 1 input though.

CNSBarry

Oct 27, 2017
Settings-->General-->HDMI Ultra HD Deep Colour.

Check its on for all inputs.(Switch to each Input to check)

AndyD

Mambo Number PS5
Oct 27, 2017
Nashville
From the manual:

Connect your TV to external devices. For the best picture and audio quality, connect the external device and the TV with the HDMI cable. Some separate cable is not provided. • General HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Colour - On : Support 4K @ 50/60 Hz (4:4:4, 4:2:2, 4:2:0) - Off : Support 4K @ 50/60 Hz 8 bit (4:2:0) If the device connected to Input Port also supports ULTRA HD Deep Colour, your picture may be clearer. However, if the device doesn't support it, it may not work properly. In that case, connect the device to a different HDMI port or change the TV's HDMI ULTRA HD Deep Colour setting to Off.

OP
OP
Multievolution
Jun 5, 2018
Settings-->General-->HDMI Ultra HD Deep Colour.

Check its on for all inputs.(Switch to each Input to check)
This seems to work! Thanks for the assist with this, I'll remember this for next time.
edit: it shows up as ok in the Xbox settings so the only thing is it doesn't show up on my tv as active, either way I think its working.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.