• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
I'm currently applying for another job and I have provided all of my information as well as my resume to the possible employer and have also had emails back and forth with the interviewer.

I obviously will not provide the full name, but I referred to her as Ms. *Insert name here* during our last email and she requested that I refer to her by her first name out of friendliness I assume. The problem is that I have absolutely no idea how to properly pronounce her name and I would like to make a good impression by being able to say it correctly on the first try rather than ask her to tell me how to pronounce it.

Her name is "Jatziri". My first guess is "jott-zeeree"? But I have absolutely no confidence in that guess and would rather not embarrass myself if possible. I know this is a really stupid thing to ask, but I could really use the job and I want to make as good of an impression as I can.

Oct 29, 2017
Definitely just ask, as someone who has a first name that is frequently mispronounced I don't think anything of it when people ask how I pronounce my name.

P-MAC

Nov 15, 2017
My first guess would be Jat-zeeree. Why would it be Jot when there's an A? But as others have mentioned, there's no issue with asking and actually it shows you care so can be a good thing

EDIT: according to this page it's Yat-zeeree, sounds right too
www.names.org

What Does The Name Jatziri Mean?

What is the meaning of Jatziri? How popular is the baby name Jatziri? Learn the origin and popularity plus how to pronounce Jatziri

OP
OP
Coyote Starrk

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Why don't you just ask her how to pronounce her name?
I have had bad experiences in the past when I asked people how to pronounce their name and they just look at me with a really funny look. I know it's probably nothing at all and she wouldn't even give it a second thought, but a good first impression is really valuable to me and I would like to do the best I can.

sfedai0

Oct 27, 2017
"I want to apologize ahead of time if Im pronouncing your name wrong." Say name. Profit or get corrected.

OP
OP
Coyote Starrk

Coyote Starrk

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
My first guess would be Jat-zeeree. Why would it be Jot when there's an A? But as others have mentioned, there's no issue with asking and actually it shows you care so can be a good thing

EDIT: according to this page it's Yat-zeeree, sounds right too
www.names.org

What Does The Name Jatziri Mean?

What is the meaning of Jatziri? How popular is the baby name Jatziri? Learn the origin and popularity plus how to pronounce Jatziri
Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.