• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 27, 2017
i am stressing too much and have too many distractions at home stopping me from study

i have no idea what i am doing as i joined the course in the 5th week and missed most of the beginner tutorial stuff

i need help with radius, arc, angles, i'm just staring at these practice drawings and my mind has no idea how to do any of it

please

thank you

Serious Sam

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
There are a ton of online video lessons that can get you up to speed in a matter of hours. Better ones are of course paid, but it's peanuts compared to university fees.

www.pluralsight.com

AutoCAD Software Courses and Training | Pluralsight

With Pluralsight’s AutoCAD courses, you’ll learn everything from the fundamentals to expert-level execution. Learn more about this industry standard software today!

OP
OP
Oct 27, 2017
There are a ton of online video lessons that can get you up to speed in a matter of hours. Better ones are of course paid, but it's peanuts compared to university fees.

www.pluralsight.com

AutoCAD Software Courses and Training | Pluralsight

With Pluralsight’s AutoCAD courses, you’ll learn everything from the fundamentals to expert-level execution. Learn more about this industry standard software today!
i'm just stressing over the whole damn thing I honestly have no idea how i'm going to catch up when i don't even know how to do it

Cup O' Tea?

Nov 2, 2017
There are plenty of basic free tutorial videos on youtube. Trying to explain autocad tools on a message board is probably not the way to go.

Chaofahn

Nov 16, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Learn your basic commands. "Trim" and "extend" are lifesavers, as is "offset".

And remember, smash ESC several times before moving to the next action.

(YouTube tutorials and drawing your own place in CAD helps.)

Jonnax

Oct 26, 2017
Well break your task into multiple small tasks and figure out how to do them.

Ricky_R

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hello!

I know nothing about AutoCad, but I know Photoshop and I began just like you having no clue how to use it. I taught myself asking myself questions about what I wanted to do and then asking them on Google. From there I began watching tutorials videos about everything I wanted to learn and I eventually got pretty good at it to the point where I made a living out of it.

I just wanted to give you some advice in general. It takes time, mind you, but with patience you will learn what you need to succeed.

Arjen

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I´ve been using AutoCAD for about 15 years, any specific questions, let me know.
If you´re just starting, grab a youtube beginner tutorial.

III-V

Oct 25, 2017
There is no way around watching some tutorial videos. Take a deep breath, set aside a half a day, and watch a few videos.

Status
Not open for further replies.