• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Booker.DeWitt

Oct 25, 2017
Hello Era Friends,

I have a group of friends (we are 10 in total) that like to get together, drink some beer and watch sports.

We created a facebook group for us and we were thinking about creating a logo (maybe print some shirts with it, glassware, etc..)

The logo would be simple: The Cubs logo, but instead of the "C", we would like a "K"

like "Kubs"

chicago-cubs-logo-png-open-2000.png

kubs.jpg

This is the mock up I created, just to give you guys an idea. Same color scheme.

If this is something very simple to do, I would really appreciate your help since we are ignorant in this area. However, if this take some time, I would be glad to offer some form of compensation. Just PM me your info and we can sort it out.

Thank you again ERA, you guys are awesome!!

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If it's simple then do it yourself, since you can't, pay the artist.

Deleted member 9241

Oct 26, 2017
I'm sure there are plenty of artists on Era that would do it just for the exposure!

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
And that is why I posed the question. I have no idea if it is simple or not since I don't do that. I also offered compensation. Thanks for your insight though

I'm just saying whether it's simple or not doesn't make a difference. I'm sure for an experienced graphic designer making a repurposed cubs logo is simple, but it's not simple for you otherwise you'd do it yourself. So simple or not doesn't matter, people should be compensated for their work.

Wackamole

Oct 27, 2017
The whole design works because these are two circles. Consider flattening the left side.
Otherwise you'll be left with a lot of ugly rest space.

Oct 27, 2017
The issue is that this is a more involved request than it seems. To attractively integrate a different letter to this shape will not be as simple as replacing the glyph. It will take iterations and time.

Crispy75

Oct 25, 2017
Could you call yourself GUBS instead?
OUBS or QUBS might also work in a pinch. Otherwise, consider a different design.

Sounds

Oct 27, 2017
nice skills. Maybe my idea does not work, because you did exactly like I wanted but it does not really look like a "K".

do you have any suggestions to make is look more like a K? Is there a way to keep the blue circle?

Like someone mentioned above, you could spend a few hours perfecting a design to nail what you want... but this is the cheap 5-minute, era-request version.

Oct 25, 2017
no one in this thread has really gotten to the heart of this issue: why does a group of friends need a special name and logo? this some corporate team thing? or are you really gonna buy your own merch then regret it later after your group splits up over some dumb argument

Deleted member 2625

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
no one in this thread has really gotten to the heart of this issue: why does a group of friends need a special name and logo? this some corporate team thing? or are you really gonna buy your own merch then regret it later after your group splits up over some dumb argument

have you seen Discord

everybody got a brand now

OP
OP
Booker.DeWitt

Booker.DeWitt

Oct 25, 2017

no, not at all. It is just an inside joke.
no corporate team at all

Status
Not open for further replies.