• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

halo117

Jan 6, 2018
When the Wii U came out Nintendo realized they had a dud on their hands. They realized they couldn't just dress up the Wii and add 1080P to it and call it a new system. Yes they innovated with the controller which argumentatively could have been sold as an accessory for any game console. The Wii U flopped and Nintendo and the world knew it. Now I have a Wii U and enjoyed it for a couple months before never touching it again. I also have every handheld and home system they have made in the last decade, each variation even. I love to Love Nintendo...but today I had to step into reality. After months of waiting and drooling over the rumors of a 4K switch, to play BOTW and soon Dread on a 4K display...today I was furious. Who asked for this variation of a Switch? Which focus group did they wander upon that said THIS was the Switch the fans wanted this holiday season? 4 years later and the "innovation" they came up with was an OLED display and a stand? A display the PS Vita had TEN years ago? And don't get me started the feature that is a LAN cable...I actually rewatched the entire announcement video in search a number and letter because I thought I missed it, there was NO WAY they would not have it...and 4K was nowhere to be seen.

How are they getting away with these gimmicks??

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
User Banned (1 week): User Banned: (1 week) Antagonistic drive-by, previous history of similar behavior
grown men crying for fucking toys

Lotus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, blame the insiders if anything, they didn't promise us shit, even if it was disappointing

nanskee

Prophet of Truth
Oct 31, 2017
Nintendo is releasing Wii u games for full price, 6 years later. Ultimate hustlers 🤣😭

Catalyst

Oct 6, 2020
Jesus Christ man this seems like a bit too much salt for something Nintendo literally never said they would do. You act like they lied to your face or something.

Slash

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Sep 12, 2018
This thread is wildly unnecessary considering it's not Nintendo's fault that you believed some rumors that turned out to be false.

G-X

Oct 28, 2017
Nah man your wrong, and their digital scarcity is OK too, and their pricing for their recent efforts is in line with the rest of the industry

Anonymous Tipster

The Fallen
Nov 4, 2017
You hyped yourself up on unverified rumors. You've got no one to blame but yourself for setting those expectations. It's okay to be bummed about the new switch, but Nintendo's not pulling anything and didn't commit a transgression.

AngelOFDeath

Nov 13, 2017
Considering the normal switch and lite versions are still selling like gangbusters, they don't need a 4k version to meet consumer demands. I think an OLED should have been in it since day 1, but this just gonna sell no matter who's angry that it's not a spec'd up version.

srtrestre

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
giphy.gif

Strings

Oct 27, 2017
It's just good business sense (I don't actually think this model makes any sense for the market, but w/e).

ParksCo2

Oct 31, 2017
I'm so confused by this. Nintendo didn't promise anyone anything. Can we close this thread.

Vyse

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Small Brain: Trusting decades of patterns and minor hardware changes
Galaxy Brain OP: Investing everything in rumors and suffering major depression

TaySan

SayTan
Dec 10, 2018
Tulsa, Oklahoma
I was disappointed too with the new Switch not having a spec bump, but to be fair Nintendo never promised anything that was just rumors that you should always take with a grain of salt anyways.

Mar 18, 2020
They "get away with it" because your average person doesn't get furious over these things. At most, they're slight annoyances at luxury entertainment items. It's not even the 80s anymore where they actively muscled out competition, they just decided to do their own thing.

It's not that deep.

OP
OP
halo117

halo117

Jan 6, 2018

I understand this is the "smart reply" to give to any upset person in situations such as these...but it doesn't really check companies on their BS. Lots of companies do this but my focus is Nintendo at the moment. When considering the other 2 competitors, they do not have a track record of doing such things. So why does Nintendo get a pass?

HamSandwich

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't really think anyone thought there was going to be a 4k version of the Switch, just something that increased the performance of the current iteration. Are you sure it wasnt just speculation that people ran with?

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
It is okay to be annoyed that rumours you drooled over did not come true (I guess?) but this is a weird thread.

It's a mild hardware revision/refresh which clearly is not for you.

And it's still not that wild to think a "pro" Switch could come at some later point.

IIFloodyII

Oct 26, 2017
Rumours, regardless of the source are still rumours and should be treated as such. Nintendo never promised a Switch Pro.

Seesaw15

Oct 27, 2017
How do people work themselves up over non confirmed hype then get mad at anyone other than themselves? LOL.

Mar 11, 2021
When the Wii U came out Nintendo realized they had a dud on their hands. They realized they couldn't just dress up the Wii and add 1080P to it and call it a new system. Yes they innovated with the controller which argumentatively could have been sold as an accessory for any game console. The Wii U flopped and Nintendo and the world knew it. Now I have a Wii U and enjoyed it for a couple months before never touching it again. I also have every handheld and home system they have made in the last decade, each variation even. I love to Love Nintendo...but today I had to step into reality. After months of waiting and drooling over the rumors of a 4K switch, to play BOTW and soon Dread on a 4K display...today I was furious. Who asked for this variation of a Switch? Which focus group did they wander upon that said THIS was the Switch the fans wanted this holiday season? 4 years later and the "innovation" they came up with was an OLED display and a stand? A display the PS Vita had TEN years ago? And don't get me started the feature that is a LAN cable...I actually rewatched the entire announcement video in search a number and letter because I thought I missed it, there was NO WAY they would not have it...and 4K was nowhere to be seen.

How are they getting away with these gimmicks??
lol

learn to not jump on the hype train

YasuYone

Feb 17, 2021
Your problem is believing and hyping up on rumors. Nintendo never said a Pro was coming. If someone was mad that Bayonetta 3 got cancelled then they have the right to be mad because platinum announced that the game is in development. This is not the same as this.

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I'm the first person to criticise Nintendo, but this is a classic case of fans whipping themselves into a frenzy over unsubstantiated rumours and then going off when the rumours turn out to not be true.

May 19, 2020
I understand this is the "smart reply" to give to any upset person in situations such as these...but it doesn't really check companies on their BS. Lots of companies do this but my focus is Nintendo at the moment. When considering the other 2 competitors, they do not have a track record of doing such things. So why does Nintendo get a pass?
the real question is why are you upset over a toy or think a toy company owes you anything

Status
Not open for further replies.