• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 28, 2018
WARNING, SPOILERS THROUGHOUT.

The other day there was a controversy over one of the 13 endings for Catherine: Full Body. There was concern that one possible ending - a happy ending - shows the transgender woman, Erica, having chosen not to transition and instead remain 'Eric.'

Now that I have seen the ending, with a translation I believe this has been quite a large misunderstanding. In the ending in question, Catherine takes Vincent back in time/into a new timeline, so that they can meet in high school... Vincent wakes up in high school and finds his friends looking at him. Everyone is there, except Toby, who doesn't meet them until a few years later. Erika is there, but at this time she is pre-transition. Catherine is also there and her and Vincent enter into a relationship. The screen fades to black and the words 'Several Years Later' appear on screen. It's a wedding party for Catherine and Vincent. Toby is there too and so is 'Eric.' Toby, looking at Vincent and Catherine says "I'm so jealous, a girl who looks like an angel, I wonder if there are anymore girls like that?!" At that point Erica puts her arm around Toby and says "She may be closer than you think." This, to me, shows clearly that while Erica has not made the transition yet it's clearly on the cards.

In another ending, which I have not seen the transcript for yet it, which takes place in the future and Vincent has chosen to be with Rin, it appears that Erica and Toby are together in a relationship.

You can watch this ending here and decide for yourself:
https://youtu.be/kRTx_q8f--4?t=337

P.S If I used any wrong or offensive terms or said something disrespectful I apologise, it's not a topic I've engaged in much. Cheers!

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
I don't really see why you opened a thread for this because of all this was known beforehand and has been discussed at length in their coresponding threads.

Antiwhippy

Oct 25, 2017
Wait, if Toby knew Erica in high school, how come he didn't know about her in the old game while everyone else did?

Dest

Has seen more 10s than EA ever will
Coward
Jun 4, 2018
Work
Toby, looking at Vincent and Catherine says "I'm so jealous, a girl who looks like an angel, I wonder if there are anymore girls like that?!" At that point Erica puts her arm around Toby and says "She may be closer than you think." This, to me, shows clearly that while Erica has not made the transition yet it's clearly on the cards.
If this is accurate, it's as I suspected and it was pre-transition. This shows that she still very much has that desire to do so, just hasn't/hasn't had the means to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.