• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 3812

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
CBS News has reported on the Amazon Prime Day glitch that allowed people to purchase digital cameras and lenses for just $94.48 each:

On Amazon Prime Day, some customers ran into a glitch that prevented them from loading items into their carts. Others experienced a much more advantageous glitch. Several customers said they bought thousands of dollars worth of camera equipment for a mere $94.48. "Literally everything is 94.48. I have bought like 10k worth of stuff that was like 900 dollars total," one customer commented on a deal website.

Fellow customers thanked their Prime Day Robin Hood for the tip and started searching for similar deals. Many reported back in the comments section with good news: everything was $94.48.

A Sony Alpha a6000 Mirrorless Digital Camera, originally $548.00, was listed at $94.48 during Prime Day, one customer shared on Slickdeals.

A Canon 5D Mark IV, originally $2,799.00, was also listed at precisely $94.48 during Prime Day, another customer shared on reddit. Surely, these price drops were a mistake — and surely customers didn't care.

"Everything with the prime day tag on my account is 94.48. I just bought a 3000$ telescope for 94.48," one customer commented.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3812

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
WaPo has also reported on this:

July 19

A picture may be worth a thousand words, but spotting an apparent error on Amazon Prime Day can be worth thousands of dollars.

Photography enthusiasts mobbed the Internet this week after some people said they had received discounts as high as 99 percent on expensive cameras and equipment sold during Amazon's 48-hour annual marketing event. Photography outlet PetaPixel, which first reported the news, identified customers claiming they had purchased cameras and lenses normally worth hundreds or thousands of dollars for only $94.48. The items included products manufactured by Sony, Fujifilm and Canon. Perhaps most notable was a Canon EF 800 mm f/5.6L IS Telephoto lens that usually retails for about $13,000.

The listings showed the products in question being sold by the e-commerce giant, not through a third party or the manufacturer, leaving open the possibilities that Amazon could have made a pricing error or created an Easter egg as a publicity stunt. Though the deal was available only briefly once it was shared on Slickdeals.net, several people across multiple sites posted photos of the equipment they had received at a highly discounted rate.

Amazon and the manufacturers did not respond to requests for comment.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Can't believe Amazon honored them. I've been denied for a $40 price mistake before from them. But ah well, I'm just a little jealous is all.

OP
OP

Deleted member 3812

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wish I was awake at 3 AM Eastern on the first day of Amazon Prime Day this year. Getting a digital camera for $94.48 would've been awesome since the only camera I have is a phone camera on the Pixel 3 XL.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
"Literally everything is 94.48. I have bought like 10k worth of stuff that was like 900 dollars total," one customer commented on a deal website.
This they allow to go through, but the Echo Spot price error I got in on was immediately cancelled and REMOVED from my order history.

PHOENIXZERO

Oct 29, 2017
I saw this story a couple days ago and damn. Getting a camera and lens worth nearly $20K total for $200 would've been amazing.

Last edited:

docbon

Oct 25, 2017
The shipping for my a6000 got delayed too, but I actually managed to get it today. I was ready to give up too.

ShutterMunster

Art Manager
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Incredible. Congrats to all who came up.

Anyone know if there was any Sony lenses up for grabs at this price?

Ebullientprism

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"So how much do we have to pay to get Amazon Prime day sale mentioned and hyped up on CBS, WaPo etc?"
"Wellllllllll............... I had this idea....."

Big Baybee

Oct 27, 2017
This is kind of infuriating lol. I hate missing out. Would have flipped the fuck out of this stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.