• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoJo'sDentCo

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
I think they should just move on from this game. It's mediocre and not worth the time and effort.

chilleverest

Jul 24, 2019
Scam of the century, i bought physical release day one only to feel disgusted with myself. They rode on Witcher 3's success only to this.

GetDigitized

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think they should just move on from this game. It's mediocre and not worth the time and effort.
If they do that, their already tarnished reputation will be even worse, people won't pre-order if they think their next game won't be fixed. They'd 100% do it if they could without any backlash.

If it's not ready, don't rush it. Delays are 100% ok.

There shouldn't be a stigma attached when something is delayed.

It's not about stigma, it's about getting returns on investments asap. Gaming companies are businesses trying to make profit, not games for people to enjoy, the two are just strongly & positively correlated.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense honestly. No need to really push new updates until you put out the next gen versions next year.

Kalik

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
most disappointing game of all time all things considered- the hype, studio behind it etc

Oct 26, 2017
There's a very good game in there, it just needs a lot of refinement and a solid direction. I would say the bulk of the difficult work has been done, the actual physical space of Night City, they just need to fill it with more compelling gameplay systems.

bonch00ski

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Fuck I might as well just play it now.

I feel so bad for my brother in law I got this for him for Christmas last year telling him "give it a few months and they'll have it upgraded for PS5"…and here we are.

JoJo'sDentCo

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
I thought the game was pretty good despite the crashes and other issues.

Can't see why they should move on when it clearly has a lot of potential.

Maybe it's just me though..
I thought the writing was super clunky and lacked nuance. Also, the interactivity of the world was really disappointing. The AI of cars and cops SUCKED!

WalshyB

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
minus the bugs, it was my favourite game of last year, just wish the story was much longer. Hope they add more, willing to wait.

digitalrelic

Weight Loss Champion 2018: Biggest Change
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know it's easy to rag on the game at this point, but I wonder if they're going to pull a No Man's Sky style "go quiet for a large amount of time and then come out with what amounts to a complete re-release of the title" type thing.

CDPR did great, incredible work with The Witcher 3. I still believe they can churn out a polished, impressive game with CyberPunk. Really curious to see how this pans out.

Nameless

Oct 25, 2017
At this point they should legitimately be working towards a soft relaunch with the next-gen versions. After nearly a year and a half there needs to be a lot more meaningful changes than higher resolution in Performance Mode and Ray Tracing in Quality Mode. This should be a major overhaul that lands closer to their original vision.

I say this as someone who enjoyed Cyberpunk despite my disappointment in the RPG systems, and would still rather play it, as is, than 99% of Ubi Soft open worlds or Ghost of Tsushima.

Pein

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Next gen versions, next gen switch, PlayStation plus, game pass, PlayStation now, sales and deluxe versions, there's still money in it for a long time if it gets fixed. They'd be dumb, well dumber I guess lol to stop now and abandon cyberpunk and ruin their reputation which is already fragile.

N7_Kovalski

Oct 28, 2017
I still believe in the game. I played it at launch on the Series X and, while it has many issues, I loved the story/characters. Would love for them to polish it up and add dlc to the game. No need to rush it though. Get it right.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
I mean, that's like two months I guess.
It's same thing every year. We enter November and December and then publishers / developers announce that a game is delayed until "2022" or "next year" and it's like ... ok that's basically tomorrow and tells us nothing haha

Either way, the game is a dumpster fire, and I don't think any number of updates will ever help it.

The Masked Mufti

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
Cyberpunk-2077-coming-when-its-ready.png

jonah-jameson-laugh.gif

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
I thought the game was pretty good despite the crashes and other issues.

Can't see why they should move on when it clearly has a lot of potential.

Maybe it's just me though..
Didn't sales sink like a stone though? Witcher 3 continues to sell well where as CP2077 basically lost all momentum.

They'll probably continue to work on it, but I can see why they might just pull the plug.

Smokeymicpot

Oct 25, 2017
Good. Don't show it till it is done. Gonna feel like a brand new release by the time they put it out again for consoles.

Rats

Oct 25, 2017
I have a $10 copy from Best Buy ready to go when the game is finally worth playing. I can wait.

StereoVSN

Nov 1, 2017
Eastern US
At this point they should legitimately be working towards a soft relaunch with the next-gen versions. After nearly a year and a half there needs to be a lot more meaningful changes than higher resolution in Performance Mode and Ray Tracing in Quality Mode. This should be a major overhaul that lands closer to their original vision.

I say this as someone who enjoyed Cyberpunk despite my disappointment in the RPG systems, and would still rather play it, as is, than 99% of Ubi Soft open worlds or Ghost of Tsushima.
They should, but that's not likely to happen. They will probably do next gen versions with higher res/faster load/better crowd density/etc... as well as provide some of the updates and improvements to both consoles and PCs and call it a day, IMO.

I even wonder if they will cancel the expansions and work toward next title(s).

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
Meh.. I don't believe they can turn this game into the one they hyped it up as. Cyberpunk lacks the solid base to build on. All it has is a beautiful city you can't interact with in any meaningful way. The non-existent AI and lack of interaction in the world are unlikely to be ever be fixed, because it's pretty clear that the shiny graphics take most of the resources and last-gen consoles will always be holding it back. Adding a story expansion won't fix the game when NPCs can't drive cars and the police appears out of thin air and yet doesn't even chase you in cars.

The game is the definition of superficial and shallow.

Status
Not open for further replies.