• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

texhnolyze

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
First, they never showed off the PS4/XB1 version of the game pre-release, ever. They showed off some PS4 Pro and XBone X footage, but they're heavily edited. Second, they only sent reviewers PC codes, the best looking and most stable version of the game. It runs and looks fine on next-gen consoles, but it's an entirely different game on base PS4/XB1. Here's some selected articles I found today, besides the countless tweets and reddit posts you can find in the internet.

Cyberpunk 2077 on PS4 and Xbox One has major problems - Polygon
Polygon watched a couple of dozen Livestreams showcasing base PS4 and Xbox One gameplay, along with the beefier versions of each console, and we saw a number of crashes, choppy gameplay, freezes, strangely geometric NPCs, and more. While some of what's most visible on social around right now showcases fans who aren't playing with the day one patch, technical hiccups of some variety or other seem pervasive on all versions of the older consoles based on what we've seen on platforms like Twitch and YouTube Live. Reports on forums like Reddit further corroborate the existence of last gen woes.

Cyberpunk 2077 Is Looking Rough On PS4 And Xbox One At The Moment (kotaku.com)
I've spent an hour playing Cyberpunk 2077 on Xbox One, and it hasn't been pretty. Sometimes it's been straight up ugly. Based on screenshots and footage other people are sharing online, I'm not alone. There I've had framerate drops, UI and texture pop-in, and an overall layer of fuzzy lighting and jagged reflections that made it hard not to feel like I was playing a PS3 or 360 game, or at least a modern one on ultra low graphics settings.

Things that are off in the distance mostly look fine, until you start to move the camera, or begin walking, at which point they dissolve into a low-res haze. People's faces look flat unless you're standing a foot away from them, and even then there's something off about the lighting and texture, as if an entire layer of graphics is missing, or out of sync with everything around it.

Cyberpunk 2077 Early PS5/PS4 Hands-On Impressions - Grand Theft Auto On Steroids, An Engrossing World, With Horrific PS4 Performance - PlayStation Universe (psu.com)
However, let's talk about PS4. Before we start, I played on a launch model PS4 and I didn't get the chance to test PS4 Pro as I don't have access to one. But, my god, does the PS4 version look like an absolute pile of trash. The graphical downgrades here are significant and make the game almost impossible to play. I don't have the sharp eye or the technology to find out, but I can't imagine the game is running at 1080p. It might not even be at 720p. Draw Distance is incredibly short and the entire screen has the muddy smeared look I mentioned above, with this only being exacerbated in combat sequences and high-intensity action.

I struggled to make out targets 30 meters away from me on PS4 and explosions, gunfire, and all the effects that are in the game blur that screen even more effectively meaning you just aim at the red icon and hope for the best. Sure, it is playable if you really want to, but it is not enjoyable. The state of the PS4 version is pretty dire and it makes me wonder if the game ever looked or ran well at all on the console, because with so much toned down and so many restrictions in place I don't see how you can make this game perform any better.

If their blatant transphobic and heavy crunch culture didn't stop you from getting the game, this probably should. Stay away from this game.

sappyday

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Ima gonna endure it cause I don't when I'm gonna get my ps5 and either way I'll play it a second time once I do get it.

Armadilo

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well it seems that people are going to move onto the current gen consoles sooner than ever before, these games are going to be unplayable at most on last gen.

Status
Not open for further replies.