• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BladeX

Oct 30, 2017
I cant believe this game is about to be released in 1 month and I have NO IDEA how it plays in my system of choice. Preorders have been made, new consoles are arriving and I am right here having no idea where to play this game. And please dont mention PC to me, I am a console gamer so there is no point debating that.

CDPR are always claiming to be consumer friendly. And yes a lot of times they are. But right here and right now I dont think they are particularly consumer friendly towards me and maybe other console gamers out there. Let me explain a bit.

At the moment I have a PS4 Pro system. And I have preordered Cyberpunk.

And I have no idea how it plays. None at all.

As I see it I am lost when it comes to when I will play this game and my potential purchase of a PS5 system. And that is because CDPR has me in complete darkness. All I know is that it plays "great" on PS4, that PS5 will support it from day 1 and that a reworked version will come out somewhere around 2021.

What kind of enhancements does PS5/XSX have over PS4/XB1 versions? Are there any graphical upgrades? What about framerate? Are there any options for higher framerates?

No idea.

If CDPR gets clear with this stuff I will be able to either get a PS5 and play this game on release, or decide that I am not playing this on release and I will buy the remastered version on PS5 in 2021. If CDPR claims that they are consumer friendly they will clear this up because buying the game in 2021 also means I get to buy it cheaper.

Look I am not trying to shit on the guys. I love them. I literally dont think about any next gen game other than Cyberpunk. I am willing to buy a next gen console just to play the enhanced version of this on day 1.

But I need to know some things. I am not asking much, just tell me what enhancements I should expect from a PS5 release so I can arrange my purchase accordingly. It is not easy to get a hold of a new console on release so the least they can do is help us out. And I mean soon, very soon. Not 1 week before release or whatever. Besides they certainly must have a very good idea by now of what improvements there will be for next gen consoles...

Sorry for the rant and in hope that this helps shed some light on this.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
Not to sound dismissive, but if you've been waiting this long to purchase a PS5 contingent on the differences between the PS4 Pro and PS5 versions (they're going to be significant), it's too late anyways. You're not going to get a PS5. People have been battling for those since pre-order day.

Jurec84

Oct 27, 2017
Wait for reviews? Judging from previous experience (Witcher 3) I think it will be fine.

Deleted member 50232

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 3, 2018
We should find out about console versions shortly, they have stated they will show off gameplay before release.

Deleted member 9584

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Uncapped framrates galore. Game with run like hot trash on PS4 / Xbox One, but it'll run great on XSX / PS5 as a BC game.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
You pre-ordered the game. They already won.

Vuze

Oct 25, 2017
Easy fix: Don't pre-order something that is available in infinite quantity.

OSHAN

Oct 27, 2017
Not to sound dismissive, but if you've been waiting this long to purchase a PS5 contingent on the differences between the PS4 Pro and PS5 versions (they're going to be significant), it's too late anyways. You're not going to get a PS5. People have been battling for those since pre-order day.

I was going to say I think the preorder ship has sailed.

Plinkerton

Nov 4, 2017
It sounds like you need to just not pre order it and wait for reviews? Doesn't seem that complicated.

Chamon

Feb 26, 2019
Yeah, I won't ever buy something without even seeing it before xD. If I were you, if the day before release I haven't seen any footage, I would cancel the pre order...

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Everything has pretty much already been said above. No one is forcing you to buy this on day 1. Wait for reviews or impressions and base your purchase on that. I'm sure we'll have some info on it in the week before launch, either from official sources or copies that have been sold before release.

Favio Bolo

Banned
Aug 17, 2020
just wait and see how it performs. and if it's not up your standard wait for the next gen patch i guess.
you're not gonna die if you play your hobby a couple of months later you know
you guys make it looks like your life depends on it. it's not even a multiplayer game so it's not like you're getting left behind on the content

shodgson8

Aug 22, 2018
As said above....it will probably be fine. If you are unsure then just don't pre-order I guess?

Also this is pretty normal.

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I predict the game will run like shit.. be buggy as hell.. and not like anything you have seen in the first preview videos.. on console that is..

ThreepQuest64

Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
Germany
Welcome to the PC world. In 90% of all other games, they constantly show console gameplay, show some required specs that say nothing about target fps and resolution. And more often than not it seems like they thrown some dice and wrote down the result as minimum or recommended specs and don't bother with any fps or resolution info they technically can't be "wrong".

Anyways. You don't need to pre-order because they won't run out of keys and probably not out of physical copies too soon so you can easily wait for reviews and tech videos on YT.

Kyrios

Oct 27, 2017
If you're that worried then cancel your preorder and wait for press impressions or player experiences after release.

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
Jokes on you, they've got your money even if it's a 5 FPS B&W novel on PS4. Pro.

(Anyway, of all the upcoming games you might preorder it's one that might turn out to be, let's say, extremely ambitious and potentially missing the mark by a long shot?)

RobotVM

Oct 27, 2017
meh like someone else said as long as there is an uncapped framerate mode I am all good.

ghostemoji

Oct 27, 2017
Maybe you should cancel your pre-order and wait until you're satisfied it will run to your satisfaction. It will not be hard to track down anytime soon.

Brat-Sampson

Nov 16, 2017
Are there even many games that do announce this stuff publicly? I figure we pretty much always wait for copies in the wild or a DigitalFoundry breakdown of everything post-release.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
"I have no idea how it plays"

"They haven't shown anything on consoles"

"I have already pre-ordered the game"

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
Look I am not trying to shit on the guys. I love them. I literally dont think about any next gen game other than Cyberpunk. I am willing to buy a next gen console just to play the enhanced version of this on day 1.

It's kinda cute that, on a forum that has a ... let's say ... complicated relationship with CDPR right now, you're stating that you love them, but it's their way of not being transparent about the pixel count of their upcoming game that might just sour you on them šŸ¤£

Hong

Oct 30, 2017
Worst case you'll have to wait for launch day impressions, best case CDPR will release some console footage before launch that'll answer all of your questions. Either way, there's no rush and you'll just have to wait. If you're that worried, cancel your pre-order.

Status
Not open for further replies.