• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skippy

Alt-Account
Oct 8, 2018
Censored documentary exposes Israel's attack on Black Lives Matter

Israeli operatives and their U.S. lobbyists sprang into action when the Movement for Black Lives came out in support of the boycott Israel movement.

Israeli operatives and their U.S. lobbyists sprang into action when the Movement for Black Lives came out in support of the boycott Israel movement.

Exclusive footage from the censored Al Jazeera documentary, "The Lobby–USA," shows Israeli government officials taking credit for attacks on Black Lives Matter and reveals an Israel lobbyist explaining how his organization shut down a BLM fundraiser

When the Movement for Black Lives released a platform in August 2016 that supported the BDS (boycott, divestment and sanctions) movement and identified Israel as an apartheid state engaged in a project of genocide against Palestinians, the Israeli government snapped into action.

Previously unreleased footage from Al Jazeera's censored investigative documentary, "The Lobby–USA," shows Israeli diplomats complaining about the Black Lives Matter "problem" and boasting about their cultivation of established black civil rights activists as pro-Israel proxies.

The footage also reveals how the Israel lobby orchestrated the sudden cancellation of a Black Lives Matter fundraiser at a New York City nightclub.

Organized as a coalition of the most hardline Israel lobby groups in the U.S., from Christians United For Israel to the Israel on Campus Coalition, the IAC functions as the right-wing, pro-Likud supplement to AIPAC. With a massive cash infusion from pro-Israel oligarchs such as Sheldon Adelson and Adam Milstein, the IAC has emerged as one of the most powerful arms of Israel lobbying in America.

Kleinfeld attended a break-out session at the IAC conference that was packed with Israeli diplomats serving at consulates across the U.S. Their anxiety about the Movement for Black Lives platform statement was palpable.
[/QUOTE]
"The major problem with Israel is with the young generation of the black community—Black Lives Matter starts there," stated Judith Varnai Shorer, the Israeli consul general in Atlanta, Georgia.

Shorer boasted that she and other government officials were taking decisive measures to drive a wedge between established black community leadership and the new generation gravitating towards Black Lives Matter.

"I had last week a sit down dinner at my house for forty people which I considered the leadership of the black community," the Israeli diplomat recalled.

Many very important people [were there]. They can be part of our doing and activities.​
Andy David, the Israeli consul general in San Francisco, California, described how he personally recruited Clarence B. Jones, the former lawyer for Martin Luther King Jr., as an advocate for Israel.

"He's somebody that I reached out to," David said of Jones. "He became a close and personal friend. Because of that relationship he published three articles in the Huffington Post explaining why their agenda was hijacked."

The articles David was referring to were a series of editorials Jones published in the Huffington Post during August 2017. Jones wrote as a civil rights elder concerned that linking efforts against police violence to the Palestinian struggle would disrupt community relations with Jews. He did not acknowledge his apparent relationship to the Israeli government or any input from Israeli officials.

"While the Black Lives Matters Movement may want to encourage the end of Israel's occupation of Palestinian lands, we respectfully suggest that they should not make this a central or major issue in their current struggle for Police accountability for the repeated and successive shootings Blacks across America," Jones argued.

While Jones' editorials had negligible impact within Black Lives Matter circles, he represented an important asset for an Israel lobby that feared losing the support of black communal leadership. In 2014, when Jones was honored at the Israeli consulate in New York City, he claimed that,

Martin Luther King Jr. would have supported Israel today.​
In his comments at the IAC conference, David, the Israeli consul general, claimed the former civil rights lawyer "wrote the draft speech for Martin Luther King–'I Have a Dream.'" Yet the accounts by Taylor Branch, the pre-eminent civil rights scholar and biographer of King, suggest that this was an exaggeration at best.

In the pages of Branch's voluminous history of King from 1954-63, Parting The Waters, Jones is mentioned just once in connection the "I Have A Dream" speech—for his lawsuit against record companies that attempted to sell bootlegged copies of the address.

Branch's accounts confirm Jones as confidant of King, but he appears to have functioned more as a strategist and paid legal counsel than as an ideological influence. The historian described Jones as "a California entertainment lawyer" known for his "handsome ebony face, sports car, tailored suits, colognes, European accessories, and brisk executive style…"

Touting his supposed friendship with Jones, the Israeli general consul, David, proclaimed,

Martin Luther Kind will turn in his grave if he saw the anti-Israel tendencies or policies that are starting to emerge within Black Lives Matter.​
An email from the Grayzone to Jones' account at San Francisco State University, where he works as an adjunct professor, and a call to the Dr. Clarence B. Jones Institute were not returned.

Cancelling a Movement for Black Lives fundraiser
The censored Al Jazeera documentary also reveals how The Israel Project, a major Israel lobbying organization in Washington, arranged the cancellation of a Movement for Black Lives fundraiser at a New York City nightclub.

The fundraiser was to have consisted of a concert directed by Tony award-winning actress Tonya Pinkins at the small Broadway club, Feinstein's/54 Below. However, just days before the show, the owners of 54 Below announced that they were cancelling the event due to the opposition to Israel expressed in the Movement for Black Lives' platform.

Because "we can't support these positions, we've accordingly decided to cancel the concert," the club owners stated.

Eric Gallagher, the development director of The Israel Project, took credit for axing the event. "I don't know if you saw that this club ditched a Black Lives Matter event," Gallagher said to Kleinfeld, the undercover reporter.

One of our donors, we just put in a call to him and he put in a call to the place.​
Al Jazeera cancels "The Lobby–USA," footage leaks out
In hopes of preventing the public from seeing the full breadth of its political subterfuge, including spying on American citizens in coordination with Israel's Ministry of Strategy Affairs, the Israel lobby initiated a pressure campaign to prevent Al Jazeera's release of "The Lobby – USA."

The campaign consisted of visits by high profile Israel lobbyists Alan Dershowitzand Morton Klein to Doha, as well as threats from Congress to force Al Jazeera to register under the Foreign Agents Registration Act if it aired the documentary. Qatar has since donated $250,000 to Klein's Zionist Organization of America and other hardline Israel lobby outfits.

An August 29 article by the Wall Street Journal reported that Dershowitz and Klein were among 250 influential pro-Trump figures targeted by a Qatari lobbying blitz after the wealthy kingdom fell under embargo by Saudi Arabia and the UAE. The Qatari royal family's goal was to preserve its relationship with the Washington by cultivating support within Trump's inner circle, especially among his most hardline pro-Israel political fixers.

Electronic Intifada reported in June that Qatar had decided to nix "The Lobby" over "national security concerns." According to reporters Asa Winstanley and Ali Abunimah, Qatari royals fretted that that release of the documentary could be a factor in provoking the U.S. to pull its Al Udeid Airbase from the Gulf country at a time when it was under diplomatic attack by Saudi Arabia and UAE, both close allies of Israel and the U.S.

Despite the ban, pieces of the documentary have begun to trickle out. This August 27, Electronic Intifada released footage identifying Adam Milstein as a moving force behind the malicious anti-Palestinian blacklisting operation known as Canary Mission. The report came on the heels of a Grayzone exclusive naming pro-Israel lawyer Howard David Sterling as the owner of Canary Mission's web domain.

More recently, the Grayzone released footage from "The Lobby–USA" showing Emergency Committee for Israel executive director Noak Pollak teaming up with the right-wing Hoover Institution to pay protesters to heckle a 2016 conference of Students for Justice in Palestine.

Reporter Alain Gresh has published a detailed review of the censored documentary at Le Monde Diplomatique. He confirmed an Electronic Intifada report from this March that the film revealed Israeli Ministry of Strategic Affairs director-general Sima Vaknin-Gil describing the neoconservative Foundation for the Defense of Democracies (FDD) as an unregistered agent of Israeli intelligence in its war against the BDS movement.

"Data gathering, information analysis, working on activist organizations, money trail. This is something that only a country, with its resources, can do the best. We have FDD. We have others working on this." Vaknin-Gil stated in footage contained in the film.

Haaretz editor Amir Tibon has also covered the exclusive reports on the suppressed documentary by Grayzone and Electronic Intifada.

In a recent interview on The Real News and on the Electronic Intifada, journalist Asa Winstanley called for Qatar to end its censorship of Al Jazeera and release the full contents of the network's documentary investigation into the Israel lobby.

https://mronline.org/2018/09/18/censored-documentary-exposes-israels-attack-on-black-lives-matter/

The obstruction of black people by Israeli and Jewish groups is pretty disturbing.

Mark Lamount Hill needs to get his job back. This silencing of black people is not okay.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Its obvious that when black people expand their empathy and social awareness to other oppressed groups and classes is when they really start to gain scary power.

The status quo do not like groups learning their rights and banding in solidarity with other people who have no rights

OP
OP
Skippy

Skippy

Alt-Account
Oct 8, 2018
Its obvious that when black people expand their empathy and social awareness to other oppressed groups and classes is when they really start to gain scary power.

The status quo do not like groups learning their rights and banding in solidarity with other people who have no rights

Exactly. Since the 70s black people have been punished by white people for speaking out against racial oppression, that occurs outside fo America.

Its 2018. It is not cool to keep suppressing and trying to destroy black voices when they speak out against Israeli apartheid.

Lets not forget Israel supported apartheid in South Africa. Obviously.

Noodle

Banned
Aug 22, 2018
That site is... a little out there. And if you read the article, very little of the text is supported by the quotes they supply. The broad strokes of "The UAE had Al Jazeera spike its documentary on Israeli lobbying practices, which included BLM when it joined the boycott" is true. The most damning is the quote by the lobbyist but it's hard to take it in good faith given how fast and loose that site plays with editorialising.

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news...mentary-on-pro-israeli-lobby-leaked-1.6432835

This link might be better.

Oct 25, 2017

Exactly why intersectionality is the key to bringing all of these scumbags down. All marginalized people need to listen to each other, empathize and organize.

Cabbagehead

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is why we shouldn't cap for anyone. Without looking at the nuance of the power structure. At the end of the day to be Jewish in Israeli is to be white.

Inuhanyou

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
New Jersey
Exactly why intersectionality is the key to bringing all of these scumbags down. All marginalized people need to listen to each other, empathize and organize.

No you dont understand see, fighting for poor people is white supremacy because a percentage of poor people and struggling 99%ers are Trump voters, so....yeah. That's all i got from the opposition lol

Whether its economic and social solvency domestically, or abroad, oppressed people and people diminished by the systems they are in need to congregate rather than falling for the trap of either being out for themselves or pointing their ills at other oppressed peoples

sirap

Oct 25, 2017
South East Asia
I wonder if this will change the opinions of certain members of this site.

Aw hell who am I kidding lol. If kids getting bombed don't ruffle them nothing will.

GrantDaNasty

Oct 27, 2017
Let me get this out of the way: The Jewish faith and people's have their right to their history, culture and traditions and do not deserve any ill intent or derogatory behavior from other people.

There, now let me just say - Israel is run by fascists, and likely has been for almost 50 years. This is nothing new. They will do whatever they can to keep others oppressed because they know they get to keep their privilege.

Oct 25, 2017
Who's talking about any of that? unnecessary pre-face.

The OP mentioned that Jewish groups have been anti-black but I only see pro-Israel and evangelical groups doing this. That preface is absolutely necessary as Jews have a long history of being pro-civil rights and friends to the black community. I see people referring to Jews when they mean Israel all the time and it's not right.

Gaia Lanzer

Oct 25, 2017
rather, right wing nationalists in control of governments that love oppression hate when other oppressed people from other countries speak out against their oppression
Wasn't there that thing about European "White" Jews looking down on the darker skinned native Israeli people and believing they where part-Black, and thus inferior to themselves?

Cabbagehead

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The OP mentioned that Jewish groups have been anti-black but I only see pro-Israel and evangelical groups doing this. That preface is absolutely necessary as Jews have a long history of being pro-civil rights and friends to the black community. I see people referring to Jews when they mean Israel all the time and it's not right.
How many jewish folk openly talk about not supporting Israel? that's the question.

Cabbagehead

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (1 Week): Inflammatory generalizations conflating a world religious population with the actions of one nation
What are you implying? Please speak up clearly.
That was pretty clear. I'm talking about folks that are religiously jewish. Aside from just being jewish and not being religious. How many of those folks in question speak up when it comes to israel's oppressive tactics.

Enzom21

Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if this will change the opinions of certain members of this site.

Aw hell who am I kidding lol. If kids getting bombed don't ruffle them nothing will.
If anything this will bolster their support. Do you really think any of those people have empathy for black people?

OP
OP
Skippy

Skippy

Alt-Account
Oct 8, 2018
I mean, Israels leader, Netanyahu said African immigrants are worse than terrorists. Can you really be surprised with how quickly Israeli and Jewish groups turned on BLM?

Netanyahu says 'flood' of African migrants worse than Sinai terrorists
Prime minister says border wall only thing keeping vast numbers of illegal migrants out of country

https://www.timesofisrael.com/netanyahu-says-flood-of-african-migrants-worse-than-sinai-terrorists/

Israels dislike and discrimination of African and black people is pretty well known.

Powdered Egg

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Black activists already have to deal with the frightful US power structure and hate from their fellow citizens. Let's add foreign agents to the mix because why not?

Juj

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
That was pretty clear. I'm talking about folks that are religiously jewish. Aside from just being jewish and not being religious. How many of those folks in question speak up when it comes to israel's oppressive tactics.

Not a good dichotomy to make between actively religious Jewishness as being some sort of more "real" way of being Jewish.

Has all sorts of (bad) consequences, if you think about it.

There is a lot - especially in America - liberal Jews, left wing Jews, speaking up against the occupation and Israel's actions in the Palestinian Territories.

OP
OP
Skippy

Skippy

Alt-Account
Oct 8, 2018
Black activists already have to deal with the frightful US power structure and hate from their fellow citizens. Let's add foreign agents to the mix because why not?

Israel was a diehard supporter of African apartheid regime.

They are also completely opposed to all African immigration of any manner, as a matter of principal and culture.

Why Israel Supported South Africa's Apartheid Regime
Our ties with that regime are a good example of the Zionist utopia's slide toward tragedy, which was in this case not entirely our own fault.

https://www.haaretz.com/opinion/.premium-why-israel-supported-apartheid-regime-1.5298552

Racial purity is an extremely important part of Israeli and Jewish culture, whether or not you think that is a bad thing.

Kirblar

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So you're saying Jewish Americans need to sign some sort of loyalty oath like Japanese Americans post-Pearl Harbor? The hell is this crap?
Racial purity is an extremely important part of Israeli and Jewish culture, whether or not you think that is a bad thing.
Holy hell.

OP
OP
Skippy

Skippy

Alt-Account
Oct 8, 2018
The pervasiveness of anti-blackness across the globe will never not infuriate me.

Very true.

But there is not doubt certain countries react to black immigrants and refugees far more violently and angrily than others. For example Italy or Israel, who appear to see black people as an existential threat.

DryCreek

Oct 25, 2017
Israel lobby being shitty again, :/

Why should they does Israel speak for all Jews? No, this is akin to demanding that muslims have to speak up when whenever there is an Islamic terrorist attack. Generally treating all members of a religion as the same is frowned upon.

Mr. X

Oct 25, 2017
After what the PM said I'm not surprised but I am disheartened and angered at their active meddling.

Oct 25, 2017
Why should they does Israel speak for all Jews? No, this is akin to demanding that muslims have to speak up when whenever there is an Islamic terrorist attack. Generally treating all members of a religion as the same is frowned upon.

Exactly this.

The Israeli government has a history of being racist andcan go fuck themselves but some people are veering into anti-Semitic territory.

Cabbagehead

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So you're saying Jewish Americans need to sign some sort of loyalty oath like Japanese Americans post-Pearl Harbor? The hell is this crap?

Holy hell.

How about you tone down the hyperbole. You aren't going off the deep end with that false read on my words or meaning. So i have no idea what this has to do with signing a oath or some shit. Miss me with that.

I'm Jewish and I know plenty, thanks.

Israel lobby being shitty again, :/

I mean talk about putting words in one's mouth. Stop jumping to conclusions and maybe answer the question like Gwenpoolshark did.

In either case the truth is there's a shit ton of Israel supporters on this site. Despite the stories.

Exactly this.

The Israeli government has a history of being racist andcan go fuck themselves but some people are veering into anti-Semitic territory.
It's like you guys don't actual read whats written. Given i pre-faced it with the distinction between religious jews and non-religious jews. Nothing "anti-Semitic" about it so maybe don't go down that straw-man.

Last edited:

VectorPrime

Banned
Apr 4, 2018
I mean talk about putting words in one's mouth. Stop jumping to conclusions and maybe answer the question like Gwenpoolshark did.

In either case the truth is there's a shit ton of Israel supporters on this site. Despite the stories.

Oh so all of the Jewish members on ResetEra should make a thread and all individually state for the record their feelings on Israel. That's a good and normal thing to want happen.

JayC3

bork bork
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
This thread was not created in good faith and we're closing it as a result.

Status
Not open for further replies.