• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 1, 2017
I have no inside info or anything, but was just wondering.

From Soft are one of the most consistent and praised developers in the industry. Their games grow the audience with every iteration, and at 12 million units shipped, Elden Ring has really proven their ability to make a mass market, AAA experience. They have made hits under multiple publishes with Demon's Souls/Bloodborne with Sony, Sekiro with Activision, and Souls/Elden Ring with NamcoBandai. Surely, the large publishes or platform holders would love to take them in under their control.

Do people believe their current owners, Kodakawa Publishing are constantly being courted to sell off From Soft, or are people leaving them alone for some reason? Crazy acquisitions seem to be more of a thing with Western companies, so maybe it's East vs. West business culture? I really don't know.

Rosebud

Two Pieces
Apr 16, 2018
Kadokawa is huge and making tons of profit with From, why would they sell?

rude

Oct 25, 2017
very high. insiders are saying google is thinking of acquiring them for exclusive stadia titles.

Mass Effect

One Winged Slayer
Oct 31, 2017
Low chances. Kadokawa seems content with From's output, so why mess up a good thing?

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Very slim. The biggest thing that might happen is another partnership with Sony, unless Sony straight up buys Kadokawa.

L Thammy

Spacenoid
Oct 25, 2017
from named their company specifically to confuse the people who send them acquisition offers because they can't figure out who the sender is

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Why would Kadokawa want to sell From Software? What benefit would they get from losing that golden goose NOW?

Gavalanche

Prophet of Regret
Oct 21, 2021
It's extremely rare for a successful company to sell off a developer they own. Especially one that is doing as well as From. There is just zero reason for them to sell.

Might as well ask if Sony is going to sell Naughty Dog.

vivftp

Oct 29, 2017
I'm still on the train of thought that Sony will try to buy all of Kadokawa at some point.

bob1001

â–˛ Legend â–˛
May 7, 2020
They'd have to buy Kadokawa, not FromSoft. Either way I hope it doesn't happen, FromSoft should stay multiplat unless it's to make Bloodborne 2

Deleted member 14089

Oct 27, 2017
NbZx.gif

boogerbrain51

Nov 3, 2020
I don't understand why y'all want third party studios to be bought everytime this happens the studio either falls off or all the employees leave changing the the whole studio around

Transistor

Hollowly Brittle
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
We really don't need individual threads on acquisition speculation. If evidence comes to light of a potential acquisition, feel free to make a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.