• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

scare_crow

Oct 28, 2017
She wasn't actually involved in the verdict, right? Not sure that would have any impact on a potential mistrial (which would be fucking awful).

Azerth

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
It may have them bring the jurors and ask if they came to the outcome out of fear or because they thought he was guilty

entremet

You wouldn't toast a NES cartridge
Oct 26, 2017
why the clickbait?

And why are we quoting a fitness personality?

Rockets

Sep 12, 2018
She's a Karen looking for attention. Did a ton of interviews with every outlet and said she felt he was guilty on "some level" but was "surprised" he was convicted on 2nd degree murder.

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
That's pretty clickbaity on what she said: https://www.startribune.com/chauvin-trial-was-life-changing-says-alternate-juror/600049142/

"We didn't want to do or say anything to jeopardize this process … so we were very careful. We were responsible. We took it seriously," said Christensen. "I felt everybody was coming from a good place, a good heart. I felt everyone was genuine. I don't think there were any ulterior motives at all."

Christensen said the worldwide attention focused on the case initially made her concerned about her role and possible backlash. But, she added, she didn't believe she or her fellow jurors would have been influenced by such issues in their deliberations.

"I know you can't please everybody," Christensen said. "We just wanted to get it right; that was the priority. That was the focus and that was the agenda."

The jurors' safety was of such concern that per a judge's order, they secretly met with Hennepin County sheriff's deputies at different locations and were driven to the courthouse in downtown Minneapolis, where 10 to 15 armed National Guard members greeted them at a fenced-off entrance to an underground parking garage.

They heard from 44 witnesses over 14 days of testimony that began March 29. Early testimony from several witnesses who saw Floyd die and pleaded with the officers to relent — including a child, three teenage girls and one teenage boy — was especially hard, Christensen said.

Christensen still can't shake the testimony of Darnella Frazier, who was 17 when she recorded the video of Floyd's arrest that became key to the prosecution's case, and Frazier's then 9-year-old cousin, Judeah Reynolds.

"To this day it's still in my mind that [Frazier is] … apologizing to Mr. Floyd at night because she can't go to sleep," Christensen said. "It's pretty heartbreaking. The 9-year-old, I could feel her sadness."

GoldenEye 007

Roll Tide, Y'all!
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Texas
WTF is an alternate juror?
There are actually 14 jurors selected for criminal trials. 2 are alternates in case something happens and a juror can't complete a case. Apparently you don't know until the last minute and the alternates do not deliberate the verdict. But they are in the trial the whole time otherwise.

Ra

Rap Genius
Oct 27, 2017
Dark Space
Given the questionable nature with which this thread was initially framed, it has been locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.