• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tallshortman

Oct 29, 2017
www.bloomberg.com

China Pet Killings Spark Fear Among Quarantined Covid Patients

Video of the beating to death of a dog in China whose owner was in quarantine has shocked the nation and terrified pet owners over how far the government might go to realize its goal of zero Covid.

Video of the beating to death of a dog in China whose owner was in quarantine has shocked the nation and terrified pet owners over how far the government might go to realize its goal of zero Covid.

The corgi, Chaofen, was seen being clubbed by government workers in protective gear after its owner had contact with a Covid-19 patient and was sent into isolation. The video was captured by a camera in the owner's home. The dog ran into another room after being struck on the head with a metal rod.

Authorities in Shangrao, in the eastern province of Jiangxi, said in a statement that workers disinfecting the area had given the animal a "non-hazardous treatment" without informing the owner, after the footage went viral on China's Weibo social media platform.

That evasive language infuriated animal lovers, and instilled fear that government officials in some provinces are exterminating pets that could have the virus, as China takes aggressive steps to curb the highly-infectious delta variant that's hurtling across the nation.

www.cnn.com

The killing of a corgi shows how government power has grown unchecked in China in the name of Covid prevention | CNN

A series of loud bangs startle the sleeping corgi, driving it out of its bed. The door opens and two people dressed in full hazmat suits enter the living room, one carrying a crowbar and another a yellow plastic bag.

The Chinese people are now living in double speak hell.

Deleted member 70788

Jun 2, 2020
I cannot express how much of a rage I would go on if anyone hurt my dogs. John Wick is the closest thing, though I know I'm not that badass. I would certainly make it my life mission to ruin anyone who hurt them.

Oct 27, 2017
What a bunch of bastards.

If and only if they have to put it down, they could use other more humane methods.

I don't know how covid for animals works but couldn't they just quantarine the dog until covid is gone? Really brutal.

Fuck these assholes.

Nothing Loud

Literally Cinderella
Oct 25, 2017
So what do the people who think "just mind your own business, live a quiet peaceful life, follow the orders, and you'll be left alone" about living with The Party in China have to say about this?

I went to China in 2015 to study abroad. Beautiful country, beautiful people, delicious food, amazing history and culture, scary politics--might not ever go back considering how much of a hellscape it's evolved into regarding human rights violations + the fact I'm a married gay man.

Carn

Oct 27, 2017
The Netherlands
I'm gonna save that link to send it to people who are complaining they have to use a QR code to enter a bar to get some drinks.

Gustaf

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
isn't it confirmed that dogs cannot transmit covid to humans?!

what is the point of beating a dog to dead, holy shit

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
I couldn't keep reading this, I'm here at the store right now doing my groceries while my cocker is waiting for me at home and I just can't read something like this now. I'm just gonna say I don't have kind words for all those involved.

Takamura-San

Oct 25, 2017
Horrible, but the thread title is mad confusing. This seems that they wanted to eliminate the dog, in the most horrible way, to curb transmission. Not as a treatment of covid.

Sheepinator

Jul 25, 2018
Key part of the story:

"The owner, whose surname is Fu and has so far tested negative for the virus, said community workers had repeatedly reassured her before she left for quarantine on Friday morning that they would not take away or kill the dog during the building's disinfection."

And with that, topic unwatched.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
This is a shock value thread and has little to discuss.

Status
Not open for further replies.