• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

metalslimer

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That shirt isnt necessarily a GOP shirt but it does make me question his already seemingly shitty views based on the church he goes to

Deleted member 2625

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think he's just churchy and right leaning

That's usually a libertarian symbol ... which just means clueless conservative tbf

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, this gets regularly brought up in "celebrities who need to be cancelled" threads. There are rumors that he holds some really far-right extreme views but is smart enough to shut up about them in public. He's a massive douche.

Moppeh

Oct 28, 2017
He's basically the Jon Voight of the MCU.

Dude goes to a really shitty church too.

Camwi

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yep, he's a Christian Conservative who puts his foot in his mouth every once in a while.

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
He is part of a really sketchy church as well. It's not a surprise.

Don't idolize artists/entertainers.

Spinluck

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Chicago
Isn't The Rock a Republican too though?

I mean yeah, it for sure means you can mean well and also willfully ignore a lot of shitty things. But that's the issue with the two party system as I'm still learning. There's more to politics than simply Dem or Rep. Don't know much about Pratt but he says some suspect shit and that church sounds like bad new. Whatever makes him happy, I guess.

Znazzy

Aug 27, 2018
Chris Pratt is trash and this isn't new news. I'm pretty sure this was a major point of contention in his marriage with Anna Faris.

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
Did nobody see that video of him and his brothers lugging a huge cross on their backs up a big ass hill, just to plant it? The second I saw that video, I nopped the hell out.

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
His church is un-defendable so it doesn't really matter what other views he holds when he continues to go and give money and attention to a super anti lgbt conglomerate church even after multiple exposés.

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
"Don't tread on me"

1w3cid.gif

CallMeShaft

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm pretty sure he became a Born-Again Christian and has developed a lot of shitty views over the last handful of years.

There were actually some questioning if he helped James Gunn get fired simply because the two are polar opposites when it comes to social views. That didn't seem to end up being the case considering Gunn was brought back, but his views have been well known for awhile now.

Christian

Oct 25, 2017
Imagine wearing a shirt with an American flag on it with all the shit going on in this country. Sorry, but only one sort of person is doing that right now, and I really want to give Pratt the benefit of the doubt.

onpoint

Neon Deity Games
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
I've yet to meet someone who sports the snake that I can have a civil and open conversation with, but hey, maybe Chris Pratt is that guy?

Deleted member 31817

Nov 7, 2017
Imagine wearing a shirt with an American flag on it with all the shit going on in this country. Sorry, but only one sort of person is doing that right now, and I really want to give Pratt the benefit of the doubt.
The american flag isn't the problem

raYne_07

Oct 27, 2017
Did you guys forget which family he married into? The Schwarzeneggers are Republicans as well..

Kolx

Oct 25, 2017
As long as he keeps it to himself and shuts up about it, I've no problem with him.

Oct 28, 2017
The dont tread on me symbol isnt a GOP thing right?

It's not, though some of them definitely use it. I know quite a few people in Texas who fly that flag or generally approve of its sentiment who are definitely solidly liberal. That said, I definitely wouldn't want to wear that shirt due to the attachment it's getting with racist groups. Here's a good article on it: https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/the-shifting-symbolism-of-the-gadsden-flag

Status
Not open for further replies.